ADVERTISEMENT

Lebby?

Although KB may be a legitimate candidate I wasn't calling for him to be the OC.

How about the OC from Tulane?

Anybody have ideas of OC candidates that could fit our offense, are a good coach, and can recruit FL?

Maybe he just promotes Elarbee. He was elevated to Assistant Head Coach of Offense/Offensive Line for 2019 (from just OL in 2018), whatever that means but he must have changed his title for some reason. It isn't sexy but it keeps continuity. I agree we then need to find someone that can recruit.

Dont worry we'll bring in Briles

this could be why Briles hasn't been named anywhere yet......

“One thing to consider to go along with this is Briles and offensive line coach Randy Clements are widely regarded as packaged deal, as the two have worked together previously at a number of stops including Baylor, Houston, and Florida State,” Doug Samuels wrote. “The potential for that pairing will impact the layout of Lane’s staff at Ole Miss.”

this could be why Briles hasn't been named anywhere yet......

“One thing to consider to go along with this is Briles and offensive line coach Randy Clements are widely regarded as packaged deal, as the two have worked together previously at a number of stops including Baylor, Houston, and Florida State,” Doug Samuels wrote. “The potential for that pairing will impact the layout of Lane’s staff at Ole Miss.”

Weird, FSUs O-line was giving up 6 sacks a game.
Actually FSU has had O-line issues since Francois was there running for his life every play.

Reactions: Knight Strength
DhUNDj.png

Reactions: SimpleJack53
Maybe he just promotes Elarbee. He was elevated to Assistant Head Coach of Offense/Offensive Line for 2019 (from just OL in 2018), whatever that means but he must have changed his title for some reason. It isn't sexy but it keeps continuity. I agree we then need to find someone that can recruit.
Elarbee gone too.

Well, with that article, now I know for certain Beckton chose to leave, was offered a position and left, so chose possible better career over UCF. That seems an obvious choice that many if not all would make, but I don't want to hear him "bleeding black and gold" because that is not the fact. He chose career over UCF (again an obvious choice, just don't tell me how devoted to UCF he is). I'd rather wait 5-10 years till I hear that name and UCF in the same sentence. Plus, just do a web search on him, I am still mystified why no one other than UCF and neb. ever talks about him. Being an complete UCF homer (ignoring his abandonment of UCF) it really concerns me that he never advanced beyond the level he's been at for decades. Meanwhile, Mario Crystabol who is loved by some on here and is about the same age, has been a HC twice, while Beckton's years as even an OC- 0.
didn't

(don't really want it to be another hate on all ex-frost UCF staff, but, didn't know Beckton chose to leave).

Well, with that article, now I know for certain Beckton chose to leave, was offered a position and left, so chose possible better career over UCF. That seems an obvious choice that many if not all would make, but I don't want to hear him "bleeding black and gold" because that is not the fact. He chose career over UCF (again an obvious choice, just don't tell me how devoted to UCF he is). I'd rather wait 5-10 years till I hear that name and UCF in the same sentence. Plus, just do a web search on him, I am still mystified why no one other than UCF and neb. ever talks about him. Being an complete UCF homer (ignoring his abandonment of UCF) it really concerns me that he never advanced beyond the level he's been at for decades. Meanwhile, Mario Crystabol who is loved by some on here and is about the same age, has been a HC twice, while Beckton's years as even an OC- 0.
didn't

(don't really want it to be another hate on all ex-frost UCF staff, but, didn't know Beckton chose to leave).
Beckton’s (he can come back to UCF whenever he wants) legacy is tarnished somewhat IMO. There was at least one interview over there that wasn’t exactly warm and fuzzy. Additionally, there are rumors that he tried to contact Otis and Snelson. He’s an ex-UCF coach. Someone like Kevin Smith is a different situation. I’ll leave it at that.

and taking recruits with him...already.
Kind of humbling, how quick these coaches will leave and how quick these recruits will bail. Gives perspective on how we are viewed as a program versus how we perceive our program. Still proud to be a Knight. Eff'em if they don't want to be here!
I agree 100%, but I’m surprised that some of our more vocal fanbase hasn’t slayed you for your statement. Maybe reality has checked in.

I agree 100%, but I’m surprised that some of our more vocal fanbase hasn’t slayed you for your statement. Maybe reality has checked in.

I posted my comment fully expecting to get torched by them, as I did the last time I shared my opinion on recruiting. Having said that, my stomach is turning at the fact that nobody is jumping at the chance to fill Lebby's shoes and we have transfer portal and decommitment issues. I'm trying to ignore it all and wait until the first signing period is over before I panic.

Reactions: Yaes
I posted my comment fully expecting to get torched by them, as I did the last time I shared my opinion on recruiting. Having said that, my stomach is turning at the fact that nobody is jumping at the chance to fill Lebby's shoes and we have transfer portal and decommitment issues. I'm trying to ignore it all and wait until the first signing period is over before I panic.
Your stomach is turning because 19 year old kids who are 5th or 6th on the depth chart are entering the transfer portal? I think you forgot to include the *

Your stomach is turning because 19 year old kids who are 5th or 6th on the depth chart are entering the transfer portal? I think you forgot to include the *
Thank God one of the Sages of UCF has showed up to pluck from my despair. Took longer than I expected.

Recruiting is going to remain a source of frustration as long as we remain in the AAC. No matter what our success is, our battle will be uphill, even against the lower level SEC teams. Losing a coach to these teams is going to mean recruits jumping ship.

Reactions: Ucfmikes and PhDee
Is the offensive coordinator position at UCF a coveted one with an involved coach like Heup? Seems to me that many would like a position where they get more freedom. Lebby as OC always seemed to be more of a title than a reality. He was a great recruiter and good guy. Just not sure he was much in the way of real OC

Reactions: Ucfmikes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT