ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go Bolts! Playoffs start tonight.

Wow. Never thought we’d put Boston away so easily and concicngly. Especially after Game 1.

Here’s to WAS/PIT going 7 games.

Reactions: cnsaguy
We are the team to beat right now. We are playing at such a high level. Vasy has stepped up and the D is tightening up. We look very hard to beat now.

The building was absolutely electric today. There were so many fantastic hits by the Bolts. Beating Boston at their own game (sans oral) while still maintaining that Tampa finesse was a beautiful sight in this series.

Reactions: btbones
We sure licked boston over the weekend.
marchand_lick.jpg

now the question is, who would we rather face in the eastern finals?

We sure licked boston over the weekend.
marchand_lick.jpg

now the question is, who would we rather face in the eastern finals?

I really don't think it matters. Boston was always the team that scared me the most and TB just dispatched them in 5 games. Neither WAS or PIT have the firepower or depth that Boston had. Remember, the new Playoff format is screwed up; we ended up getting Boston in the 2nd round even though they were the #2 team in the East. Typically we would have seen them in the conference finals.

Assuming there's no critical injuries, I don't think either team can play with TB.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/team/schedule/_/name/tb/tampa-bay-lightning
Bolts are 2 - 1 vs Pitt this year
Thu, Oct 12 vs Pittsburgh W 5-4
Sat, Oct 21 vs Pittsburgh W 7-1
Sat, Nov 25 @ Pittsburgh L 5-2

Bolts are 2 - 1 vs Caps this year
Mon, Oct 9 vs Washington W 4-3 OT
Fri, Nov 24 @ Washington L 3-1
Mon, Oct 9 vs Washington W 4-3 OT

I think it might be better if we played Pitt based on previous games.

Washington is kicking the shit out of TB

Our guys better pull their head from their ass or this game will end 7-0

They're just so discombobulated. No flow. Just a bunch of hacking, no passing and dream shots. Nothing like the Boston series.

I have the feeling wershington is due. They’ve been to the dance a million times with great regular season teams and absolutely stunk it up in the playoffs. Getting by Pittsburgh was huge for them because, again, the penguins have lit their ass up for years.

the Lightning looked in pre season form. Hockey guys is Cooper really that good of a coach or is the success more of a product of the front office?

the Lightning looked in pre season form. Hockey guys is Cooper really that good of a coach or is the success more of a product of the front office?

He’s good but he’s going to feel a lot of pressure if TB falls in an eastern conference finals yet again. This is their 3rd trip to the finals in the past 4 years. The team is there and TB has more talent across the board than Washington.

Lose this series and the Cooper honeymoon may be over in Tampa.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
They looked flat, played sloppy, and never got a good bounce like they did in the Boston series. Stupid penalties, kunitz seemed like he wanted retribution for what Wilson did to his old team. He better be done with that. Also ovechikin is as elite as it gets for a scorer, capitals is going to score.

Postive side, pp goal, and kucherov totally owns holtby on break aways and he will have another chance this series. Look up the you tube videos where he has scored twice on holtby with no shot goals.

They’ll be swept if nothing radically changes

Send Coopers ass packing if they lose this series

It would also explain Kucherov constantly wanting to make another pass instead of just shooting the frigging puck on net

Reactions: UCFWayne
Let’s forfeit home ice and just stay up there. Totally different team from first two games

vasey looked like he did before the allstar game last night. we will need more of that for this series and if we advance

The announcers are just begging the refs to take this goal off the board. Unreal

The intermission is all about the Caps. What they need to do, what they're doing wrong. Why does NBC hate Tampa so much? Because FL went to Trump?

They’ve hated Tampa for as long as I can remember. My guess is that they hired a bunch of blowhard old cranky northerners who think hockey in Florida is bastardized or something. They’re total dogshit.

I still remember, a few years ago Vasy had to play in the playoffs as a rookie due t Bishop being hurt. He played good but ended up allowing a really bad goal in what was their elimination game. Some blowhard idiot on NBC said “those are the types of goals that ruin careers” and that he’d never recover.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT