ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go Bolts! Playoffs start tonight.

nbc was hoping vegas would win and they got that part. they really want the caps to win to they can market ovechkin and the dc. lets hope they dont get their wish. tampa is playing great right now. time to finish it off.

there was no energy in the team last night. pathetic. they better bring their best for game 7....

Btw, is there a softer player than Kuch? As magical as he can be with the puck he puts fear into no one on defense. Props to Ovechkin last night. Stepped up and played his ass off in areas he's not known for. Kuch needs to take a lesson.

Reactions: UCFWayne
first team to score wins the game. i think we are looking at a mostly defensive game until the 3rd period and scoring opens up.

If the Lightning puss out and let Washington throw hits with no counter hits then TB loses easily. They were so lifeless last game

It does feel like first to score will win

Cooper may need to go after this. Good coach but this seems to be his ceiling despite having a loaded roster.

What a choke job and a total waste

Reactions: OlearyLookAlike
Siding with 85 about Cooper here. 159 minutes w/o a goal is unacceptable with this talent.

Siding with 85 about Cooper here. 159 minutes w/o a goal is unacceptable with this talent.

They didnt even show up in games 1,2,6 and 7. Not just beaten but didn’t even show up. No goals in 2.5 freaking games? Unreal.

Guy Boucher got to the ECF too. Cooper has so far been out coached in big games when it matters most.

Stamkos and Kucherov need some blame too. They were our supposed stars of the team yet totally disappeared over the last 2 games. By contrast, Ovechkin imposes his will. We have soft players led by IMO a soft coach

Reactions: cnsaguy
i basically called it before the game. first team to score and get to 4 points won.

well that was a really pathetic end to a great season. the highest scoring team in the league was shut out in the last two games. they should be ashamed of themselves.

i knew it was over when gourde couldnt score on a wide open chance.

The only thing worse than the game was The Judy receiving the Lightning Community Hero award. My buddy next to me (an FSU alum) was laughing at just how immobile The Judy's face was. I may have been the only one, but I certainly voiced my displeasure for The Judy. She may be the nicest person in the world and perform all kinds of philanthropic deeds, but she's a POS imo. Here's a pic of her overly-tight face (I said to my buddy, "You think she's had any work done?"):

Dd7bc4RVMAEcoyj.jpg:large

Dd7Ww4RUwAEQbAI.jpg:large

She almost looks vegetative.

Funny side note: Emmanuel Lewis (Webster) was sitting two rows behind us (he was wearing a Vegas Golden Knights hat).

The only thing worse than the game was The Judy receiving the Lightning Community Hero award. My buddy next to me (an FSU alum) was laughing at just how immobile The Judy's face was. I may have been the only one, but I certainly voiced my displeasure for The Judy. She may be the nicest person in the world and perform all kinds of philanthropic deeds, but she's a POS imo. Here's a pic of her overly-tight face (I said to my buddy, "You think she's had any work done?"):

Dd7bc4RVMAEcoyj.jpg:large

Dd7Ww4RUwAEQbAI.jpg:large

She almost looks vegetative.

Funny side note: Emmanuel Lewis (Webster) was sitting two rows behind us (he was wearing a Vegas Golden Knights hat).

LOL! Jesus, her face is basically manufactured leather at this point. Just absurd.

She’s not a nice person. She’s a raging asshole. My neighbor is one of the few big boosters that USF has and he hates her. But hilariously told me that she is almost obsessive about UCF since she put us down for so long yet now their fans are demanding to keep up with us.

i basically called it before the game. first team to score and get to 4 points won.

well that was a really pathetic end to a great season. the highest scoring team in the league was shut out in the last two games. they should be ashamed of themselves.

i knew it was over when gourde couldnt score on a wide open chance.
it would be the equivalent of the Golden State Warriors not just losing and getting eliminated but only scoring 85 points their last 2 games. I'm admittedly not as knowledgeable on hockey but the home ice performances in this series were pathetic, that has to go to the coach when most objective people say that TB had the deepest roster in the League.

Horrible showing for the Bolts. We didn’t belong in that game and Washington took us to the woodshed.

They didnt even show up in games 1,2,6 and 7. Not just beaten but didn’t even show up. No goals in 2.5 freaking games? Unreal.

Guy Boucher got to the ECF too. Cooper has so far been out coached in big games when it matters most.

Stamkos and Kucherov need some blame too. They were our supposed stars of the team yet totally disappeared over the last 2 games. By contrast, Ovechkin imposes his will. We have soft players led by IMO a soft coach

Cooper has been an issue for a while. His team gets bailed out by talent and goaltending. Sloppy lazy defensive zone coverage has been an issue for years. Washington played hard and had tight Dzone coverage pushing everything outside, blocking shots, taking up the lanes which minimized the good scoring chances. It was clear that Washington just wanted it move. Caps consistently won the puck battles, crucial faceoffs. Gourde's inability to put in that wide open goal just showed they didn't want it bad enough.

Reactions: EweSeaEff
I wouldn't mind if Kuch was trade bait in the off season. He's hockey's version of Reggie Miller (32pts, 1 reb, 1 asst). I think that Point could shine moving to the first line and hopefully get a another forward via trade that can play a little D and throw his body around some.

And as much as I yelled at him for 7 games, a Wilson type of player is needed on this team.

ADVERTISEMENT