ADVERTISEMENT

Let's quit refering to the CFP as the CFP, and call it what it is...the CFI

I'm just angry and am calling the P5 the P(ussy)5. They need a cartel to keep them from having to face a G5 in the playoffs. What's the big deal? If you think you're so much better you'll win, easy 1st round game.

Unfortunately they are afraid that the curtain will be pulled back and the great and "power"ful Oz will be exposed for the weak and small minded cartel that they are. They are un-American and don't believe in a level playing field or that "everyone" should have the ability to compete at the highest level nor that National Championships should be decided on the football field but rather in some backroom locked away in some ivory tower amongst persons with a clear agenda and directive.

Reactions: Nautiknight
After the season is over UCF should start the Litigate for Greatness fund where we all chip in and sue the crap out of the P5 powers for antitrust violations. Somebody needs to have the guts to file suit in Federal Court and expose the egalitarian system for what it is. Sport is about merit not about a beauty contest.

Reactions: 90Knight
College Football Invitational....and if you're not P5, you're not invited.
Uconn HC Edsall went on a rant today when a writer asked him about the AAC...if he feels that the conference, with three ranked teams; UCF (14th), Memphis (18th) and USF (23rd), are getting the respect they deserve...

“No, I don’t,” Edsall said bluntly. “To me, there’s, I don’t want to say bias, but there’s too much emphasis placed on all this ‘Power 5’ stuff and everything else. Just take a look, people don’t cover anything but the ‘Power 5’ for the most part. They [UCF] have beaten Big Ten teams [Maryland 38-10, when they were still healthy after a 51-41 win at Texas]. They’re undefeated. Their schedule is just as tough as other people’s. Something has to be done.”............“I’ve been in the Big Ten, I’ve been in the ACC and (the AAC) it’s a really competitive conference with a lot of very good players. The way it should be, you have a playoff system, not just four teams and not decided by people who just go in and look at certain material. They talk about the student athlete, it’s a joke that they talk about that. Here, student athletes go out, they win their conferences and they don’t even get a chance to compete for a championship nationally ".........." It’s stupid. UCF is a very good team. They’re undefeated, one of how many in all of college football? They’re playing the schedule that they were supposed to play. "

Last edited:
Uconn HC Edsall went on a rant today when a writer asked him about the AAC...if he feels that the conference, with three ranked teams; UCF (14th), Memphis (18th) and USF (23rd), are getting the respect they deserve...

“No, I don’t,” Edsall said bluntly. “To me, there’s, I don’t want to say bias, but there’s too much emphasis placed on all this ‘Power 5’ stuff and everything else. Just take a look, people don’t cover anything but the ‘Power 5’ for the most part. They [UCF] have beaten Big Ten teams [Maryland 38-10, when they were still healthy after a 51-41 win at Texas]. They’re undefeated. Their schedule is just as tough as other people’s. Something has to be done.”............“I’ve been in the Big Ten, I’ve been in the ACC and (the AAC) it’s a really competitive conference with a lot of very good players. The way it should be, you have a playoff system, not just four teams and not decided by people who just go in and look at certain material. They talk about the student athlete, it’s a joke that they talk about that. Here, student athletes go out, they win their conferences and they don’t even get a chance to compete for a championship nationally ".........." It’s stupid. UCF is a very good team. They’re undefeated, one of how many in all of college football? They’re playing the schedule that they were supposed to play. "

Get em Randy!

Reactions: SublimeKnight
I'm just angry and am calling the P5 the P(ussy)5. They need a cartel to keep them from having to face a G5 in the playoffs. What's the big deal? If you think you're so much better you'll win, easy 1st round game.
Letting some weak ass G5 in to play 2 games for all the marbles going up against lesser competition all season, is why the Power 5 get in. G5 teams cant hang with most P5 schedules, in a 1 game series sure... but not every week, that is why. Keep crying kids.

Letting some weak ass G5 in to play 2 games for all the marbles going up against lesser competition all season, is why the Power 5 get in. G5 teams cant hang with most P5 schedules, in a 1 game series sure... but not every week, that is why. Keep crying kids.

You and the rest of the elite so called power 5 cartel are p u s s i e s. Trust us, were big and bad and you little guys can't play against us cause we play such hard tough schedules. And you come here and say "keep crying kids." You and your kind are giant full grown man p u s s i e s. If a team is truly a national champion they should not be afraid of a little team that can't hang with them as you suggest. Playoffs are not a "1 game series." Frankly my intellectually challenged pussy midget, 1 game is not a "series." GFYS

You and the rest of the elite so called power 5 cartel are p u s s i e s. Trust us, were big and bad and you little guys can't play against us cause we play such hard tough schedules. And you come here and say "keep crying kids." You and your kind are giant full grown man p u s s i e s. If a team is truly a national champion they should not be afraid of a little team that can't hang with them as you suggest. Playoffs are not a "1 game series." Frankly my intellectually challenged pussy midget, 1 game is not a "series." GFYS
A series of 1 game against a P5 but different seasons. and i already mentioned the CFP meaning 2 games as i said in the quote of me, way to read there guy. Play a real schedule for 12 games then come talking. You wouldnt be able to handle an SEC West Schedule you wouldnt be able to handle a B1G East schedule, hell you wouldnt be able to handle a B1G West schedule or an SEC East schedule. G5 teams are not on par, which is why they are not rewarded for going undefeated when a large majority of your G5 teams get beat in OOC games every year by P5 teams. Sure you guys beat Maryland, want a cookie? Schedule Alabama, Ohio St, Clemson for 1 season of OOC games and then you might have a chance, if your team even survives beyond the 3 deep.

I've always liked Edsell. Hopefully he can get UConn back on the right track. We need everybody to get better.
Give us 25 million/year, three seasons, and stick us in a P5 conference. We'll compete at the top with anybody, and in any conference out there. TCU was told the same, until they got 25 million/year, put in a P5 conference and three seasons to get better recruits in (when I say better I mean they have better, quality depth, which is usually the only main difference between the elite P5 schools and the better G5 programs).

2012; In it's first year in the Big 12, TCU went 7-6, going 4-5 in conference play. So given the opportunity, the same team from a year earlier, which was a G5 school, went 4-5 in a P5 conference. They were simply given the opportunity to actually play against them on a weekly basis. They went 1-2 against teams that finished the season ranked in the final poll.

2013; 4-8 (2-7); Started to rebuild for play in the Big 12. They went 2-7 in conference play...abysmal but they were figuring out how to win in that conference.

2014; 12-1 (8-1); Wow, so much for not being able to compete with those big, bad P5 schools. Their only loss during the season was a 3 point loss to Baylor. They finished the season ranked #3.

2015; 11-2 (7-2); Wow, so much for not being able to compete with those big, bad P5 schools. Both losses were to schools who finished ranked in the last poll of the season. Not the first, or 5th....the last poll of the season.

2016; 6-7 (4-5). Probably lost a bunch of players. A rebuilding year.

2017; So far they are 8-2, 5-2 in conference play.

That is a grand total of 48-26 (30-23).

BTW, for comparison, 2012-2017 Nebraska has gone 10-4 (7-1)...you lost 70-31 in the Big 10 title game...way to step that game up!; 9-4 (5-3); 9-4 (5-3); 6-7 (3-5); 9-4 (6-3); 4-6 (3-4) so far. That's a grand total of 47-29 (29-19)

So, they are every bit on par with your program, given the same kind of money and opportunity. I'm sure if we were given that kind of money, and access to even better recruits than we have right now, we'd no doubt be as good as anybody in whatever conference we would end up in.

Reactions: 90Knight and Mikesi
I've always liked Edsell. Hopefully he can get UConn back on the right track. We need everybody to get better.

Give us 25 million/year, three seasons, and stick us in a P5 conference. We'll compete at the top with anybody, and in any conference out there. TCU was told the same, until they got 25 million/year, put in a P5 conference and three seasons to get better recruits in (when I say better I mean they have better, quality depth, which is usually the only main difference between the elite P5 schools and the better G5 programs).

2012; In it's first year in the Big 12, TCU went 7-6, going 4-5 in conference play. So given the opportunity, the same team from a year earlier, which was a G5 school, went 4-5 in a P5 conference. They were simply given the opportunity to actually play against them on a weekly basis. They went 1-2 against teams that finished the season ranked in the final poll.

2013; 4-8 (2-7); Started to rebuild for play in the Big 12. They went 2-7 in conference play...abysmal but they were figuring out how to win in that conference.

2014; 12-1 (8-1); Wow, so much for not being able to compete with those big, bad P5 schools. Their only loss during the season was a 3 point loss to Baylor. They finished the season ranked #3.

2015; 11-2 (7-2); Wow, so much for not being able to compete with those big, bad P5 schools. Both losses were to schools who finished ranked in the last poll of the season. Not the first, or 5th....the last poll of the season.

BTW, for comparison, 2012-2017 Nebraska has gone 10-4 (7-1)...you lost 70-31 in the Big 10 title game...way to step that game up!; 9-4 (5-3); 9-4 (5-3); 6-7 (3-5); 9-4 (6-3); 4-6 (3-4) so far. That's a grand total of 47-29 (29-19)

So, they are every bit on par with your program, given the same kind of money and opportunity. I'm sure if we were given that kind of money, and access to even better recruits than we have right now, we'd no doubt be as good as anybody in whatever conference we would end up in.
Quality post. Thanks for doing the research. Now expect a troll of a response.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy

And this 100% validates my entire point. after you get into a p5 program and play against tougher opponents and you go undefeated then you get to a CFP. When it is clear that G5 dont compete at the same level, to let one of them in the CFP would just be ridiculous. There are way more deserving teams even at 2 and 3 losses that would be undefeated in your conference. Using Nebraska as a comparison is laughable, especially since our current coach is setting records that havent been touched in over 50 years, for being shitty. The best a G5 can hope for is ny6 and you listed exactly why with your stats.

A series of 1 game against a P5 but different seasons. and i already mentioned the CFP meaning 2 games as i said in the quote of me, way to read there guy. Play a real schedule for 12 games then come talking. You wouldnt be able to handle an SEC West Schedule you wouldnt be able to handle a B1G East schedule, hell you wouldnt be able to handle a B1G West schedule or an SEC East schedule. G5 teams are not on par, which is why they are not rewarded for going undefeated when a large majority of your G5 teams get beat in OOC games every year by P5 teams. Sure you guys beat Maryland, want a cookie? Schedule Alabama, Ohio St, Clemson for 1 season of OOC games and then you might have a chance, if your team even survives beyond the 3 deep.
Whining because you say you play tougher schedules doesn't get any pity from us. You get 25-30/million per year to compete, and you get better recruits. You want to play with the big boys on a weekly basis and pound your chest, then figure out how to not just win, but win hardware, as in conference titles. We've won 3.3 conference titles and a BCS Bowl in the last 10 years on what amounts to the better part of million/year coming in (and we played for two other conference titles). Hating on us because we actually do something with what we have doesn't get much street cred.

Reactions: 90Knight
Quality post. Thanks for doing the research. Now expect a troll of a response.
Wow. You were dead on. How sad is it that this guy is obsessed over UCF football. I thought we were such a lowly program and didn't matter. Apparently this guy thinks about us 24/7.

And this 100% validates my entire point. after you get into a p5 program and play against tougher opponents and you go undefeated then you get to a CFP. When it is clear that G5 dont compete at the same level, to let one of them in the CFP would just be ridiculous. There are way more deserving teams even at 2 and 3 losses that would be undefeated in your conference. Using Nebraska as a comparison is laughable, especially since our current coach is setting records that havent been touched in over 50 years, for being shitty. The best a G5 can hope for is ny6 and you listed exactly why with your stats.
BTW, you should refer to it in the future as the CFI. It's not a playoff, it's an invitational, and if you aren't in a P5 conference you're not invited.

Problem is your opinion of this doesn't match reality. You say they are more deserving because you are in a P5 conference. We say, "No. Not so fast" because those schools get beat in New Years Day bowl Games by G5 schools. The top G5 team would have no problem competing in some playoff, because the track record shows they would do just fine. If we suck so bad, then it should just be an easy win for the P5 guy. What are you guys...scared? Since being able to get access, let's look at the results:

G5 schools have gone 6-3 in these games against top-notch P5 competition.

2006-2007; Boise State beat Oklahoma
2007-2008; Georgia beat Hawaii
2008-2009; Utah beat Alabama (Utah wasn't in the Pac-12 yet)
2009-2010; This was a great coup for the powers that be. They were able to get TCU to play Boise State, both non-P5 schools and both undefeated. Boise St won. This was done so that two P5 schools wouldn't have to lose to them. It's bad enough when one wins but if two won, people would really start to clamor. I'm sure behind closed-doors and through back-end communications this was done on purpose.
2010-2011; TCU beat Wisconsin (TCU was not in the Big 12 yet)
2011-2012; No G5 schools in games (I guess 11-1 Houston wasn't considered good enough??? I guess they were alright since they beat Penn State in their bowl game that year)
2012-2013; FSU beat NIU
2013-2014; UCF beat Baylor
2014-2015; Boise St Beat Arizona
2015-2016; Houston Beat FSU
2016-2017; Wisconsin beat Western Michigan

I don't think anybody here is going to say we could beat Bama or Clemson (pick your poison) and it wouldn't be a total upset. That said, you're in the same boat and you have access to 25-30 million/year and better athletes. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be given the opportunity. That's all we're asking for. We just want to prove ourselves on the field.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT