ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Lee to enter the Portal 😳

Lebby still looks slimy as ever
Lebby always was slimy..He dressed as a opposite coach to get to side lines when his team played opposite team. Lol. Lebby speaks sweet so others can love him. I hated hire before He probably told Matt he will make good money there lol. Honestly Matt can't read defense. His job has been to read defense and tell Qb where they attack. Matt can't read and set up line. I noticed this from start yeah he can block but he can't read D Line worth shit. Our offense needs center to read line weakness and adjust Matt can't read a Dr Seuss book..Yeah so it's best he leave..Others will say he didn't allow a sack. No shit D was running against our running plays when center could not call where forsee blockers were coming from. Our Qb ate the LBS coming in.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Did he graduate or does he have to sit out a year? Or has that rule regarding being forced to sit out a year been changed? I know that post COVID the NCAA suspended the rule for a year (2021) but they didn't enforce it this past season (2022). Is it just gone now because of the portal rules?

Did he graduate or does he have to sit out a year? Or has that rule regarding being forced to sit out a year been changed? I know that post COVID the NCAA suspended the rule for a year (2021) but they didn't enforce it this past season (2022). Is it just gone now because of the portal rules?
I believe everyone gets a “free” transfer (dont have to wait a year) as part of general transfer rule changes, not COVID. That’s why the transfer portal has blown up lately. For COVID, they basically said that year wouldn’t count towards their eligibility, so most current players have the option to take a bonus year if they want.

Also, There may even be an option for a second “free” transfer if you’re a grad transfer (this was always allowed before the rule changes).

With OK going 6-7 and "stealing" our players.
What do we think our inaugural BIG XII record will be?

With OK going 6-7 and "stealing" our players.
What do we think our inaugural BIG XII record will be?
Should be at least bowl eligible. 3 winnable out of conference games. Plus will probably get 2 or 3 of the newcomers who we already stack up favorably against. Should only really need at most a couple wins against legacy B12 teams to get bowl eligible. And on paper we are as talented or more talented that everyone not named Oklahoma, Texas, or TCU.

Should be at least bowl eligible. 3 winnable out of conference games. Plus will probably get 2 or 3 of the newcomers who we already stack up favorably against. Should only really need at most a couple wins against legacy B12 teams to get bowl eligible. And on paper we are as talented or more talented that everyone not named Oklahoma, Texas, or TCU.
I agree. Six wins makes you bowl eligible and a few 5-7 teams can get in too. With Kent State, at Boise, and Villanova as our OOC schedule six wins should be doable.

Yep. I believe Matt was always going to get paid to play at the next level. Moving to OU just ups his exposure level.
if you are talking nil bag maybe but I do not understand this argument about exposure suddenly happening as a reason against staying at UCF. The NFL doesn’t care where you play and UCF hasn’t had an issue w this if you are NFL quality. We had a QB get drafted w the 3rd pick in our infancy in the AAC

and the argument gets dumber when Oklahoma will be playing in the same conference as UCF in 2023

Last edited:
Reactions: mattropolis
Lebby always was slimy..He dressed as an opposite coach to get to side lines when his team played opposite team. Lol. Lebby speaks sweet so others can love him. I hated hire before He probably told Matt he will make good money there lol. Honestly Matt can't read defense. His job has been to read defense and tell Qb where they attack. Matt can't read and set up line. I noticed this from start yeah he can block but he can't read D Line worth shit. Our offense needs center to read line weakness and adjust Matt can't read a Dr Seuss book..Yeah so it's best he leave..Others will say he didn't allow a sack. No shit D was running against our running plays when center could not call where forsee blockers were coming from. Our Qb ate the LBS coming in.
this isn’t a recent sour grapes thing from me. even when Heupel hired him and when he was being pushed to be our Head Coach I brought it up. I believe he was heavily involved in the Baylor mess much more than what was in the report and I think if he is ever up for a big enough job as a HC it will resurface

I wish we had his playcalling but as a person Gus clears him and it isn’t close

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
That's low expectations. Anything less than 8, 9, 10 wins is not good enough.

• Haha
Reactions: Shark19
Going into the Big 12 (and with the addition of an extra conference game) I'm changing my definitions for how I, and I alone, define success, but I think are good measuring sticks:
7-8 wins is an Average season (You are not likely to compete for conference title; You hope this is what a "bad" season is because this is only winning 2/3 OOC games and going 6-3 or 5-4 in conference. 6-3 got Purdue a shot at the Big 10 title this year but this should be pretty rare)
9 wins is a Good season (You might have competed for conference title but not likely)
10 wins is a Very Good season (You likely competed for conference title; You got to double-digit wins)
11+ wins is an Elite season (You likely won the conference title and then some)

I base a lot of this off of looking at how teams have finished over the years. For example, for 2022 only 12 teams are going to have 11+ wins this season (~9%). This is like getting an A. That's just a little above an average of one great team per conference. 9 teams had 10 wins (~8%). That's like getting a B. 13 teams had 9 wins (10%). It's like getting a C. 27 teams had 7-8 wins (~21%). This is like getting a grade of "Passing". Any team with 6 or less wins is "Bad". This is a total of 61 teams (~47%). That mean 69 teams won 6 games or less (~53%).

If you apply this to our last 10 seasons it looks like a pretty good assessment:
2022; 9-5; Good (Lost in Conference title game)
2021; 9-4; Good (Didn't play for conference title)
2020; 6-4; Average/Good; Didn't play for Conference title; COVID season (I'm just going to assume some things. We were supposed to play FAMU and FIU at home. I'm counting those as wins. We were also supposed to start the season hosting a UNC team that ended up going 8-4, so that's kind of a toss-up.)
2019; 10-3; Very Good (Didn't play for conference title)
2018; 12-1; Elite (Won conference title game)
2017; 13-0; Elite (Won conference title game)
2016; 6-7; Bad
2015; 0-fer; Bad...Very Bad...Abysmal...haha
2014; 9-4; Good (Conference Co-champ...no title game)
2013; 12-1; Elite (Conference champ...no title game)

Reactions: Wings0fred
I believe everyone gets a “free” transfer (dont have to wait a year) as part of general transfer rule changes, not COVID. That’s why the transfer portal has blown up lately. For COVID, they basically said that year wouldn’t count towards their eligibility, so most current players have the option to take a bonus year if they want.

Also, There may even be an option for a second “free” transfer if you’re a grad transfer (this was always allowed before the rule changes).
I know you can get a hard ship transfer and a grad transfer where you don't get benched. I see they added "if the coach leaves" as another option to transfer without having to sit. I wasn't sure how some of the players could constantly move around or always be in the transfer portal.

Reactions: Wings0fred
I usually disagree with you and try to run you out of here because you give me weird vibes. I'll agree with you here though. Yep. That's where my expectations are with our program in our first Big 12 year. F**k setting the bar low.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
I usually disagree with you and try to run you out of here because you give me weird vibes. I'll agree with you here though. Yep. That's where my expectations are with our program in our first Big 12 year. F**k setting the bar low.
I don't get the "weird vibes" part, but Gus has finished with six wins only once in his coaching career and that was during COVID when Auburn played 10 games.

In 2015, Gus had a terrible 7-6 season in his third year at Auburn when the wheels came completely off after graduating 18 seniors, sending two underclassmen to the NFL draft, and losing 12 others, including starting quarterback Jeremy Johnson (benched) and top wide receiver D'haquille Williams (kicked off the team), during the season for various reasons.

UCF has lost guys this offseason, but the program is solid heading into the Big12 barring an unforeseen rash of late portal entries.

Gus has retooled the roster with ACC- and SEC-caliber athletes and elevated the talent in most position rooms.

8-4 should be the floor of expectations in 2023.

Reactions: Willie Knightime
I don't get the "weird vibes" part, but Gus has finished with six wins only once in his coaching career and that was during COVID when Auburn played 10 games.

In 2015, Gus had a terrible 7-6 season in his third year at Auburn when the wheels came completely off after graduating 18 seniors, sending two underclassmen to the NFL draft, and losing 12 others, including starting quarterback Jeremy Johnson (benched) and top wide receiver D'haquille Williams (kicked off the team), during the season for various reasons.

UCF has lost guys this offseason, but the program is solid heading into the Big12 barring an unforeseen rash of late portal entries.

Gus has retooled the roster with ACC- and SEC-caliber athletes and elevated the talent in most position rooms.

8-4 should be the floor of expectations in 2023.
With all do respect. I am projecting 6-7 wins next season unless we some significant transfers.

With all do respect. I am projecting 6-7 wins next season unless we some significant transfers.
How? There is no room for transfers at UCF, unless you are taking transfer portal walk ons. According to Stephen Leonard, UCF has 78 players on scholarship heading into spring ball with five more freshmen joining the ranks in the fall. My barner math says UCF has a maximum of two scholarships left to issue.

If I ran UCF's program, I would "process" the scholarships of Dionte Marks, Patrick Barnett, Chidoziri Maghiro, Dallaz Corbitt, and Jaiden Francois and give those spots to other players. But that's not the way Gus operates. These players have been loyal to UCF and Gus has reciprocated their loyalty.

When I look at this roster, I see the need to add a transfer QB, a center, tight end, an ELITE edge rusher (Jordan Domineck/Jordan Burch/Gilber Edmond), defensive tackle (Marquis Robinson), and linebacker (Antonio Grier). Any of those guys would be a nice start.

Last edited:
How? There is no room for transfers at UCF, unless you are taking transfer portal walk ons. According to Stephen Leonard, UCF has 78 players on scholarship heading into spring ball with five more freshmen joining the ranks in the fall. My barner math says UCF has a maximum of two scholarships left to issue.

If I ran UCF's program, I would "process" the scholarships of Dionte Marks, Patrick Barnett, Chidoziri Maghiro, Dallaz Corbitt, and Jaiden Francois and give those spots to other players. But that's not the way Gus operates. These players have been loyal to UCF and Gus has reciprocated their loyalty.

When I look at this roster, I see the need to add a transfer QB, a center, tight end, an ELITE edge rusher (Jordan Domineck/Jordan Burch/Gilber Edmond), defensive tackle (Marquis Robinson), and linebacker (Antonio Grier). Any of those guys would be a nice start.
I think having 2 kickers on scholarship, both with at least 2 more years left is not needed. Whichever wins job in spring or fall, the other should transfer.

I think having 2 kickers on scholarship, both with at least 2 more years left is not needed. Whichever wins job in spring or fall, the other should transfer.
You have a better chance of winning Friday's Mega Millions lottery jackpot than Gus does of processing a kicker.

And Lobodouche to enter at any moment to talk about how good he is…..when he spends his time talking about how NGE UCF players are. Typical UF, FSU and Miami, where our players become your best players.

Many seem to forget that the winter portal doesn't close till Jan 18th...and then the Spring Portal (after Spring Practices and many depth charts are completed) opens on May 1st and runs thru May 15th.

For UCF...they need improved OL (and DL) play to challenge in the Big 12.

On this play from the Military Bowl...what did you think of UCF's OL blocking?

Many seem to forget that the winter portal doesn't close till Jan 18th...and then the Spring Portal (after Spring Practices and many depth charts are completed) opens on May 1st and runs thru May 15th.

Looks like the OL was instructed to let players through unless they didn't want to play anymore.

The defensive line did not play under center multiple times against Navy in 3rd/4th and 1 situations leading to easy conversions.

Issue seems to be coaching/play calling.

UCF called slide right protection. Paul Rubelt just happened to at left tackle (and didn't touch a soul).

Duke actually had a great defensive call that particular play, a weakside gap exchange between the linebacker (35) and defensive end (94). It was the perfect call against the protection and allowed Cam Dillon to run free and sack JRP.

Rubelt was supposed to recognize the gap exchange and pass off 35 to Alec Hollier, who instead, had to take the "most dangerous" inside threat (94). If you watch the clip again, notice how Hollier explains to Rubelt that how he f*cked up.

I never saw Rubelt again after that play.

Last edited:
UCF called slide right protection. Paul Rubelt just happened to at left tackle (and didn't touch a soul).

Duke actually had a great defensive call that particular play, a weakside gap exchange between the linebacker (35) and defensive end (94). It was the perfect call against the protection and allowed Cam Dillon to run free and sack JRP.

Rubelt was supposed to recognize the gap exchange and pass off 35 to Alec Hollier, who instead, had to take the "most dangerous" inside threat (94). If you watch the clip again, notice how Hollier explains to Rubelt that how he f*cked up.

I never saw Rubelt again after that play.
That could be what happened but a plan to let Holler block anyone is a bad plan. He is terrible. The offense seemed to actually play better when Rubelt was on field until this game. Whoever replaced him didn’t do much better in pass pro.

And Lobodouche to enter at any moment to talk about how good he is…..when he spends his time talking about how NGE UCF players are. Typical UF, FSU and Miami, where our players become your best players.
pretty sure this is the same Miami fan that has a 247 account and twitter account under different names that is literally trashing UCF all day . It is an obsession w belittling us

Reactions: Knight_Light
Did Matt lose some weight? He's listed at 290 but in the photo above he looks more like a TE than a Center.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT