ADVERTISEMENT

Mechanical selling on Wall St - Dow down

Damn you computer!!! Has anyone tried installing an antivirus on these wall street computers? Maybe then we can get our money back.

85 can you help us out here? You seem to be an expert on the matter (lmao).

Damn you computer!!! Has anyone tried installing an antivirus on these wall street computers? Maybe then we can get our money back.

85 can you help us out here? You seem to be an expert on the matter (lmao).
Liberal, blah, blah. You morons don’t know what you are talking about.
Blah, blah, dumb

Is anyone else tired of me posting links showing 85 has absolutely no idea what he was talking about in the OP? If not I can keep going all day.

Here’s an article from Wired, 8 years ago, talking about the rise of Algos in Wall Street. At the time of this article, 8 years ago, it was noted that nearly 70% of the wholesale trading volume on Wall st is done by computers using Algos.

That number is easily up over 80% now. Or more.

You can either choose to accept basic reality that is verified by even the most remedial Google search, or you can continue acting like a petulant child who feels the need to change the subject and insult people when he’s made a wrong call.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/2010/12/ff-ai-flashtrading/amp

Here’s an article from Wired, 8 years ago, talking about the rise of Algos in Wall Street. At the time of this article, 8 years ago, it was noted that nearly 70% of the wholesale trading volume on Wall st is done by computers using Algos.

That number is easily up over 80% now. Or more.

You can either choose to accept basic reality that is verified by even the most remedial Google search, or you can continue acting like a petulant child who feels the need to change the subject and insult people when he’s made a wrong call.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/2010/12/ff-ai-flashtrading/amp

Is this a joke? Thanks for proving my point. I post multiple articles by financial professionals talking about this actual correction with zero mention of mechanical trading...and you post an article from 8 years ago.

So this has been going on for 8 years ..somehow this drop hasn't happened until conveinently it happens to occur at the same time new financial policies are released.

Holy hell you really are a moron.

Oh and lol at getting upset at insults. Remember that time you responded with 8 straight posts consisting soley of personal insults to me?

You are a hypocrite and a moron. Those are not insults, they are facts.

Is this a joke? Thanks for proving my point. I post multiple articles by financial professionals talking about this actual correction with zero mention of mechanical trading...and you post an article from 8 years ago.

So this has been going on for 8 years ..somehow this drop hasn't happened until conveinently it happens to occur at the same time new financial policies are released.

Holy hell you really are a moron.

Right on cue.

I’ve already told you that the fact that Algos run Wall st may not have anything to do with the fact that the correction was warranted GIVEN THE DATA THEY HAVE PROGRAMMED IN.

This is the issue- you are so goddamn dumb on this issue that you can’t form an argument that makes sense. But continue- we all know you’ll keep acting like an idiot and posting RAGE! bullshit

Actually you didn't say any of that in your OP

"All due to algorithms selling off everything"

Guess you are going the FNB route of just straight lying.

Also the only one raging is you, broseph.

I really wish I waited a few more weeks to fund my roth ira. Ugh.
Next time, check the market: if it is up put the money in a money market account inside the IRA. All my 401K contributions are set to money market waiting for something like this

Next time, check the market: if it is up put the money in a money market account inside the IRA. All my 401K contributions are set to money market waiting for something like this
Yeah but that goes against the old adage "time in the market is better than timing the market" I'll still take advantage of the correction for sure!

Yeah but that goes against the old adage "time in the market is better than timing the market" I'll still take advantage of the correction for sure!

Yeah, I didn't run the numbers but if you would have just invested the money at the beginning of the year it's possible you'd still be up over the long term (assuming you had the money) more than you would just buying during this correction.

Wahh! Why won’t anyone listen to me? Wahh!!!

$1T worth of stocks are moved within minutes but computers and Algos have nothing to do with it!

Bob wants to exterminate Muslims!

I’m Ninja and I’m a fuking nut job! Wahhh!!

There it is again folks the classic "Waaaaah"

You may remember in the past I have pointed out that he only uses this when he has been completely embarrassed, and his poor little noggin can't come up with anything to say. He is literally running out of logical arguments, and in his befuddled state believes that "Waaaaah" is an acceptable response.

It's glorious.

You still haven't answered how it was possible for humans to sell off 1000 points in minutes.

You still haven't answered how it was possible for humans to sell off 1000 points in minutes.

You still haven't answered where I said china has a free market economy, and I asked you first. But that hasn't stopped you from repeating that lie.

Bob lies and makes a completely untrue statement: no one bats an eye.

I make an accurate statement: 85 follows me around with a rage boner literally ruining every single thread on the board.

The only thing you are doing is ruining this board.

Bob lies and makes a completely untrue statement: no one bats an eye.

I make an accurate statement: 85 follows me around with a rage boner literally ruining every single thread on the board.

The only thing you are doing is ruining this board.

Ok dipshit. So now you’re doubling down: Bob wants to exterminate Muslims. It’s an “accurate statement”.

Stop being a bitch and explain this, or honestly GTFO. You’re a toxic scab that has absolutely ruined this board and now you’re doubling down on your insanity.

Explain or ago away. It’s very simple.

Ok dipshit. So now you’re doubling down: Bob wants to exterminate Muslims. It’s an “accurate statement”.

Stop being a bitch and explain this, or honestly GTFO. You’re a toxic scab that has absolutely ruined this board and now you’re doubling down on your insanity.

Explain or ago away. It’s very simple.

I really don't understand how you can't figure this out, but I stopped caring about what you said a long time ago.

Multiple people have stated and provided evidence as to how specifically you are ruining this board.

I really don't understand how you can't figure this out, but I stopped caring about what you said a long time ago.

Multiple people have stated and provided evidence as to how specifically you are ruining this board.

Translation: I’m a dumb bitch boy

Awesome reply, middle school insults and personal attacks, you literally could not have proved my point better if you had tried. Worst of all not even remotely witty. No wonder everyone is leaving this board.

Last edited:
Awesome reply, middle school insults and personal attacks. Worst of all not even remotely witty. No wonder everyone is leaving this board.

Lol Fab already clearly stated: it’s because of you.

You’ve been a toxic disease here ever since reappearing to go on a permanent bitch boy whine fest about Trump

And now you’re just insane, making insane comments and crying when held to account for them

More personal attacks with zero substance. No wonder everyone is leaving this site.

Computers are feeling generous today, markets up! Thank you computers you guys rock! [banana]:cool2:

Both mine and my wife's Roth IRAs are in Betterment accounts. So, computers are doing my investing. Last year was about a 30% gain. Unreal. They did plummet during the last couple weeks though, so the selling off must not have been too agile.
All the dumbass posts aside, it will be interesting to see what happens to these robo-investor accounts when Republicans tank the market again.

ADVERTISEMENT