ADVERTISEMENT

Meet the Twitter soldiers on the front lines of defending UCF’s championship claim

Love the UCF twitter mafia. Good work, Knights!

b618349681ee4ba0857b4f97e4b9c996

Love the UCF twitter mafia. Good work, Knights!

b618349681ee4ba0857b4f97e4b9c996
I've already heard someone say the NCAA should come down on student-athletes for this 'celebration' if they're under 21, or even it not, 'it's a bad role-model.'

Ummm ... not only does the beverage not have to be alcoholic, but it's general lore that kids are exposed to at this point.

I do too, but everytime there is an article that calls us Central Florida, there are 50 people telling them it's UCF. So petty.
That's why I point out it's 'University of Central Florida (UCF)' if they are going to pre-define the acronym, and never 'C[entral] Fl[orid]a.'

I.e., Journalists keep -- wrongly -- saying they have to pre-define UCF with 'Central Florida.' Nope, only 'University of Central Florida' is acceptable to both AP and Chicago standards, and an abbreviation -- 'C[entral] Fl[orid]a' -- is never acceptable.

That's why I point out it's 'University of Central Florida (UCF)' if they are going to pre-define the acronym, and never 'C[entral] Fl[orid]a.'

I.e., Journalists keep -- wrongly -- saying they have to pre-define UCF with 'Central Florida.' Nope, only 'University of Central Florida' is acceptable to both AP and Chicago standards, and an abbreviation -- 'C[entral] Fl[orid]a' -- is never acceptable.
Meh, of you said South Carolina, Georgia or Florida everyone would know it is "University of______." I know it's Twitter and fake outrage is the norm, but it doesn't really matter.

Reactions: G8RLegist
Meh, of you said South Carolina
Because 'South Carolina' IS the abbreviation that is used!
'Central Florida' is NOT the abbreviation that is used, but 'UCF.'

That's the difference in the both AP and Chicago guidelines ... among all others!
One does not 'define' an abbreviation with another abbreviation.
It goes completely against every single publication standard I've ever known.

You either define with the full name or you do not define at all.

Luckily it's reaching the point that UCF is not even defined.
Everyone is starting to know us now.

Last edited:

Agree

Shouldn’t you actually play for a National championship before you’re able to claim and defend one?
You mean the ESPN Ad "All 130 Teams" (that they yanked by week 9 last year)?

Also ... Alabama does not have seventeen (17) Consensus National Champsionship titles, but only eleven (11). So if UCF is going to drop its asterisk, then Alabama has to drop at least six (6) of its own.

Reactions: Mikesi
Sounds like from the responses on here that the ignored, obsessed, desperate and pathetic 4-8 Cornholios are still at it looking for validation.

Don’t argue with delusional, deranged sociopaths. Wasting your time getting through to the brain of someone who has a warped one.
Complete waste of time. If you’re going to argue with Cornholios, spend time on the sane non-delusional ones if any exist.

Most are obsessed with UCF and suffer from anxiety after years of irrelevancy. Praying that the savior can save them. If he can’t, they are doomed!

Last edited:
Which still doesn’t matter. Because, we were actually in a title game and UCF has yet to experience that.
Do you actually understand what you're saying?

You're dissing the school that was the fastest program ever to a BCS bowl, and then a NY6 bowl, and has accomplished more in the past 5 years than a supermajority of alleged "Power" programs -- all of whom took decades longer to accomplish anything similar.

But UCF should have been in a NC game when it was just joining FBS, right?

KEY POINT: UCF and G5s will NEVER be invited! Quit pissing on UCF and understand WHY UCF fans are bitching. Why most G5s are NOW joining in on UCF's claim.

You're just going to create more UCF supporters if you continue to fling that mud.

The real answer is 0. You played in Bowl games that were predetermined. Not National Championship Games.
The real answer is that NO G5 WILL EVER BE IN THE PLAYOFF!

Do you realize you a-hole privileged attitudes are just making more UCF supporters?!?!?!

Reactions: Wings0fred
The real answer is that NO G5 WILL EVER BE IN THE PLAYOFF!

Do you realize you a-hole privileged attitudes are just making more UCF supporters?!?!?!
If UCF wins EVERY SINGLE GAME, which would be highly unlikely, but possible. That would be 26 consecutive wins. That is what it would take to POSSIBLY get a invitation to the CFP. The media, popularly, interest, novelty and public scrutiny would be enormous.

It’s still after all of the above, a longshot, but I wouldn’t completely rule it out

Ridiculous that it would take 2 undefeated seasons to even have a chance. So., this is truely a special circumstance with the win vs Auburn and DW creating a stir

If UCF wins EVERY SINGLE GAME, which would be highly unlikely, but possible. That would be 26 consecutive wins. That is what it would take to POSSIBLY get a invitation to the CFP. The media, popularly, interest, novelty and public scrutiny would be enormous.

It’s still after all of the above, a longshot, but I wouldn’t completely rule it out

Ridiculous that it would take 2 undefeated seasons to even have a chance. So., this is truely a special circumstance with the win vs Auburn and DW creating a stir
UCF ranked #3 by BCS Computers
UCF ranked #12 CFP

Now revisit Houton
Now revisit Boise State
Same deal

Even Boise State is now getting behind our claim, because they realize it's impossible
They see it getting worse, not better
They see it doesn't matter what the G5 does

NO G5 EVER
There are no computers for this reason, period

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
NO G5 EVER
There are no computers for this reason, period
This isn’t a math equation. It’s an opinion. It’s voted and selected by humans. Never say never and stop acting like condescending, a-hole. You’re a damn know it all. Act like a person and not like a computer with you over analyzing and wordy answers. You’re constantly making arguments way more complicated than necessary. It takes a few votes on the committee and that’s impossible to predict. They could wake up one day and just say that they will give UCF the nod. It’s that simple and all it takes
It’s selected by humans and humans are unpredictable.

Anything is possible, albeit unlikely.

This isn’t a math equation. It’s an opinion. It’s voted and selected by humans. Never say never and stop acting like condescending, a-hole. You’re a damn know it all.
Anything is possible, albeit unlikely.
Of course I'm being condescending, because this is literally how the CFP views us!

ex0rqf4.jpg

ESPN didn't yank the "130 teams" advertisement for nothing ... the US DoJ is watching.

Meh. 26-0. 10-70% chance IMO
Why the ridiculously wide range? Humans are unpredictable under pressure.
~14% chance to go undefeated.
And then I'd say no more than a 5% chance to get picked if that happens.

So <1% aggregate

The only way that chances is if the government gets involved over anti-trust.
And even then -- instead -- we'll just get a P5 invite, just like Utah and TCU did.

So ... again. NO CHANCE.

~14% chance to go undefeated.
And then I'd say no more than a 5% chance to get picked if that happens.

So <1% aggregate

The only way that chances is if the government gets involved over anti-trust.
And even then -- instead -- we'll just get a P5 invite, just like Utah and TCU did.

So ... again. NO CHANCE.
14% chance is computer generated. Some would say a very good chance

The 5% after that is your opinion. Noted

That’s your <1 % aggregate

This human is sticking with 10-70% based on no computer predictions

There are between 30 million and 90 million reasons PER YEAR that the G5 will never get in the playoffs...and every one of those reasons has a dollar sign in front of it.

Imagine if a G5 gets into the playoff and (god forbid in the minds of "Power" 5 elitists) that the G5 team actually wins a game or even the championship.

If that happens, how does the "Power" 5 continue to justify the uneven distribution of CFP revenue among conferences?!?!? They can't. If the CFP revenue were to be redistributed, the "Power" 5 conferences (combined) would receive between $30 million and $90 million less PER YEAR...depending on exactly how it is divided up.

I understand why some people (me included) think that there is a SLIGHT chance of a G5 getting in....I mean there is a "chance " I could date a supermodel (even if it is one in a gazillion). But I also understand the people who say there is a zero chance...the above demonstrates why the "Power" 5 and their nut huggers will bend over backwards to keep it from happening.

Do you actually understand what you're saying?

You're dissing the school that was the fastest program ever to a BCS bowl, and then a NY6 bowl, and has accomplished more in the past 5 years than a supermajority of alleged "Power" programs -- all of whom took decades longer to accomplish anything similar.

But UCF should have been in a NC game when it was just joining FBS, right?

KEY POINT: UCF and G5s will NEVER be invited! Quit pissing on UCF and understand WHY UCF fans are bitching. Why most G5s are NOW joining in on UCF's claim.

You're just going to create more UCF supporters if you continue to fling that mud.
I understand just fine. All of that is irrelevant. Because UCF has no national title to defend.

I understand just fine. All of that is irrelevant. Because UCF has no national title to defend.
And yet, a lot of people are talking about it, and even more will be happy when UCF 'loses.' That's why it doesn't matter who thinks UCF has a NC, but more people seem to care about it than you believe should ... including yourself.

Reactions: Mikesi
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT