ADVERTISEMENT

Meet the Twitter soldiers on the front lines of defending UCF’s championship claim

There are between 30 million and 90 million reasons PER YEAR that the G5 will never get in the playoffs...and every one of those reasons has a dollar sign in front of it.

Imagine if a G5 gets into the playoff and (god forbid in the minds of "Power" 5 elitists) that the G5 team actually wins a game or even the championship.

If that happens, how does the "Power" 5 continue to justify the uneven distribution of CFP revenue among conferences?!?!? They can't. If the CFP revenue were to be redistributed, the "Power" 5 conferences (combined) would receive between $30 million and $90 million less PER YEAR...depending on exactly how it is divided up.

I understand why some people (me included) think that there is a SLIGHT chance of a G5 getting in....I mean there is a "chance " I could date a supermodel (even if it is one in a gazillion). But I also understand the people who say there is a zero chance...the above demonstrates why the "Power" 5 and their nut huggers will bend over backwards to keep it from happening.

I can’t find the clause in the Invitational contract that states the revenue distribution to the G5 if they get invited much less win it.

This is called collusion and corruption by a cartel.

Meet the Twitter soldiers on the front lines of defending UCF’s championship claim

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/22/17564082/ucf-national-champions-twitter
Danny White is hilarious in that first video. I can just hear what he’s thinking. “I’m going to get this jab in, start a firestorm and get the hell out of here.” Trying to show class as an AD, but at the same time doing what he has to do

It’s like pulling the fire alarm in high school, and taking off

Last edited:
Reactions: Knightbengal
NCAA does appoint National Champions. The CFP does. You have to be in the CFP to win a title. I don’t recall UCF being one of the 4 teams. Plus even your coach said UCF didn’t win a national championship.
The CFP doesn’t appoint a NC either. They give the invites to the 4 clown teams they feel like. Could be teams with 4 losses. No rules or true reasons.

The CFP doesn’t appoint a NC either. They give the invites to the 4 clown teams they feel like. Could be teams with 4 losses. No rules or true reasons.
Are the insecure, deranged, Cornholios at it again?

Are they still looking for validation?. They shouldn’t be worrying about UCF. Their place in history is clearly documented in Stonehenge. Some cave dweller who worked for the NCAA back in the day enscribed it in the original NCAA NC manual. I’m sure there is Jizz all over it.

tenor.gif

NCAA does appoint National Champions. The CFP does. You have to be in the CFP to win a title. I don’t recall UCF being one of the 4 teams. Plus even your coach said UCF didn’t win a national championship.

No...you don't have to be in the CFP to win a title. The NCAA record book just proved that.

The NCAA does not appoint or crown a national champion in FBS. The NCAA does recognizes multiple selectors of National Champions for FBS football...even during the BCS/CFP era when it was "supposed" to be decided on the field. There are two National Champions this year...just like MANY years in the past.

Reactions: Mikesi
NCAA does appoint National Champions.

Congrats, the first rational, honest thing you have ever posted. Though we will take the NC declarations of the Colley Matrix, the Nevada Dentistry assn, and the dozens of media outlets first....it's nice of you to finally admit the obvious truth....2017 National Champion UCF

NCAA says you are wrong. You have a good night.

Sounds like the deranged, mentality ill Cornholios can’t shake their obsession with the 2017 National Champions!!! The more it’s argued about, the more it becomes valid and factual. Alabama proved that with the Twitter wars. Not that real facts need any validation.

It’s in print now for all to see. It’s part of the books folks!

Sounds like the deranged, mentality ill Cornholios can’t shake their obsession with the 2017 National Champions!!! The more it’s argued about, the more it becomes valid and factual. Alabama proved that with the Twitter wars. Not that real facts need any validation.

It’s in print now for all to see. It’s part of the books folks!
I like UCF and what they accomplished last season but the bolded statement is actually the exact opposite of the truth.

The more yall argue about how beating a 4 loss team that didn't even win their division makes you National Champs, the more insecure y'all seem in your claim.

Last edited:
I like UCF and what they accomplished last season but the bolded statement is actually the exact opposite of the truth.

The more yall argue about how beating a 4 loss team that didn't even win their division makes you National Champs, the more insecure y'all seem in your claim.
Auburn didn't win their conference but they did win their division.

Auburn won their Division over Bama. Bama shouldn’t have been let in. You’re making our point for us.

Auburn won their Division over Bama. Bama shouldn’t have been let in. You’re making our point for us.
Right, but if you think Alabama not winning their conference makes them unworthy of being in the CFP, it should follow that Auburn not winning their conference and having multiple losses makes them unworthy of playing in what y'all are now considering the "National Championship" game. Trying to use the transitive property to prove your team is better is a childish way of thinking.

Iowa beat Ohio State, Wisconsin then beat Iowa, but then Ohio State beat Wisconsin in the CCG. Iowa's not claiming a Championship out of that because they didn't play in the championship game.

Serious question, given that Auburn had beaten Alabama and Georgia at one point, would you have considered them National Champions had they won the Peach Bowl?

There are between 30 million and 90 million reasons PER YEAR that the G5 will never get in the playoffs...and every one of those reasons has a dollar sign in front of it.

Imagine if a G5 gets into the playoff and (god forbid in the minds of "Power" 5 elitists) that the G5 team actually wins a game or even the championship.

If that happens, how does the "Power" 5 continue to justify the uneven distribution of CFP revenue among conferences?!?!? They can't. If the CFP revenue were to be redistributed, the "Power" 5 conferences (combined) would receive between $30 million and $90 million less PER YEAR...depending on exactly how it is divided up.

I understand why some people (me included) think that there is a SLIGHT chance of a G5 getting in....I mean there is a "chance " I could date a supermodel (even if it is one in a gazillion). But I also understand the people who say there is a zero chance...the above demonstrates why the "Power" 5 and their nut huggers will bend over backwards to keep it from happening.
I continue to stand by my statement that if we go undefeated and only then that we have a “decent” chance to get an invite. The media and social pressure would be too enormous
Additionally, there would be legal ramifications

Until that day comes, it’s all speculation

Right, but if you think Alabama not winning their conference makes them unworthy of being in the CFP, it should follow that Auburn not winning their conference and having multiple losses makes them unworthy of playing in what y'all are now considering the "National Championship" game. Trying to use the transitive property to prove your team is better is a childish way of thinking.

Iowa beat Ohio State, Wisconsin then beat Iowa, but then Ohio State beat Wisconsin in the CCG. Iowa's not claiming a Championship out of that because they didn't play in the championship game.

Serious question, given that Auburn had beaten Alabama and Georgia at one point, would you have considered them National Champions had they won the Peach Bowl?
These things are easily answered in the fact that those teams lost. Who on our schedule beat us last year?

These things are easily answered in the fact that those teams lost. Who on our schedule beat us last year?

Nobody, but up until playing Auburn the strongest win was against a team that couldn't beat 5 loss Iowa State.

If your argument is that you were arguably as good as Alabama & Georgia, which could be true honestly, then I understand playing the "what if" scenario, but claiming a National Championship when your best win was against a 4 loss team that didn't win their conference is a little silly.

Since Georgia beat Auburn by a greater margin than UCF, does that make them the 3rd National Champion?

Nobody, but up until playing Auburn the strongest win was against a team that couldn't beat 5 loss Iowa State.

If your argument is that you were arguably as good as Alabama & Georgia, which could be true honestly, then I understand playing the "what if" scenario, but claiming a National Championship when your best win was against a 4 loss team that didn't win their conference is a little silly.

Since Georgia beat Auburn by a greater margin than UCF, does that make them the 3rd National Champion?
All we want is to be included in the chance. The declaration is just oversimplification of what we actually want. Give an inch, give a mile. We are taking a mile to get an inch.

Reactions: HeupelsThirdChin

When Kerryon Johnson was healthy, Auburn won by 23. When he could barely lift his arm, Georgia won by 21. Advantage Auburn +2.

I don't know how healthy he was when he played against us, but he did have 22 carries- 70 yards. If he wasn't healthy, that seems like a lot of carries. UCF over Auburn by +7.

When Kerryon Johnson was healthy, Auburn won by 23. When he could barely lift his arm, Georgia won by 21. Advantage Auburn +2.

I don't know how healthy he was when he played against us, but he did have 22 carries- 70 yards. If he wasn't healthy, that seems like a lot of carries. UCF over Auburn by +7.
Kerryon Johnson was a key part of Auburn’s offense. I have spoken with several fans who are very close to their program and not a single one mentioned him being injured for our game. Nothing whatsoever points to that as well. Doubt he would carry 22 times and risk injury before the combine and NFL draft if he wasn’t 100%.

Honestly, we should have beaten Auburn by even more than we did.

Kerryon Johnson was a key part of Auburn’s offense. I have spoken with several fans who are very close to their program and not a single one mentioned him being injured for our game. Nothing whatsoever points to that as well. Doubt he would carry 22 times and risk injury before the combine and NFL draft if he wasn’t 100%.

Honestly, we should have beaten Auburn by even more than we did.

Yeah, why would you play if you're going to half-ass it? To put bad tape out there for NFL teams to look at? Doesn't make any sense, but the "Auburn didn't want to be there" excuse is all they've got.

Yeah, why would you play if you're going to half-ass it? To put bad tape out there for NFL teams to look at? Doesn't make any sense, but the "Auburn didn't want to be there" excuse is all they've got.
Surprisingly K. Johnson was the biggest push back against the “didn’t want to be there” excuse. He gave an interview after that said “we cared a lot and we really wanted to win”. I’ll see if I can find it

Surprisingly K. Johnson was the biggest push back against the “didn’t want to be there” excuse. He gave an interview after that said “we cared a lot and we really wanted to win”. I’ll see if I can find it
Awesome. Class act if he truly said that. Have a lot of respect for that

Any FB player that doesn't give 100% for every game shouldn't be playing. Its a fan's excuse.
While I do think auburn cared about the bowl Game and that their players wanted to win...I find it unrealistic to expect a bunch of kids to be able to give 100% every play if every single game. It’s inevitable that there are some slip ups here or there or that one’s effort is impacted by outside situations. They’re humans, not robots.

I'd say our win against "barely" 1 loss USF was more impressive than our 2nd Memphis win. Even though we were the only loss Memphis had up until the championship game.

The same Iowa State that beat both Oklahoma and TCU?!?!? Sit down chump.
Teams that play each other each year have upsets like that, didn't 7 loss Pitt beat an undefeated #2 Miami?

5 losses is 5 losses.
I'd say our win against "barely" 1 loss USF was more impressive than our 2nd Memphis win. Even though we were the only loss Memphis had up until the championship game.
You mean "barely beat 7 loss Texas Tech" USF?

Because they lost their conference championship and bowl game after losing to Pitt.

If we're being honest, Miami was probably overrated. I seem to remember a lot of games won by the skin of their teeth
Yes their QB is not great and he was named starter again. The turnovers defense had won them a couple games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT