ADVERTISEMENT

Meltdown??? Nah, Houston woke up.

UCFProud

Five-Star Recruit
Jan 5, 2014
From what I saw it looked more like Houston finally woke up from whatever slumber they were in rather than UCF having a meltdown. No way we have a chance to win this game even 3-4 weeks into the season but it sure looked like we had a shot yesterday..... Until Houston realized they have the better team and spent a half proving it.

As I said in another thread, we have a young team and a first time head coach, just need some time to get it all to come together.

Then again, what do I know? I've only been following this team since 1989....

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
From what I saw it looked more like Houston finally woke up from whatever slumber they were in rather than UCF having a meltdown. No way we have a chance to win this game even 3-4 weeks into the season but it sure looked like we had a shot yesterday..... Until Houston realized they have the better team and spent a half proving it.

As I said in another thread, we have a young team and a first time head coach, just need some time to get it all to come together.

Then again, what do I know? I've only been following this team since 1989....
Absolutely. We came out with schemes they weren't prepared for, so our offense and defense thrived in the first half. After making halftime adjustments, they were fine. Sure, our frosh made mistakes and the defense got worn down, but those adjustments were largely responsible for our poorer performance. And the heat didn't help either.

UCF Prof....I was born and raised in Florida. Grew up in Altamonte. Using the heat as an excuse by any UCF team is lame. Seems to me Houston played in the same heat and humidity and they won. If that player was gassed by said heat well maybe somebody should look at conditioning?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT