ADVERTISEMENT

My health care premiums at work

brahmanknight

Sep 5, 2007
Winter Park
So the last few years, my health care costs have been flat. No change.

But this year, we couldn't avoid it. IKEA is still NOT raising my health care premium!

Thanks, Obama!

giphy.gif

Ours was flat last year but went up $35 per 2wk pay period. Family plan though and my organization self insures.

My company just instituted a "if your spouse has access to healthcare elsewhere, you can't add him/her". Is this a common thing? They're spinning it like it is.

My company just instituted a "if your spouse has access to healthcare elsewhere, you can't add him/her". Is this a common thing? They're spinning it like it is.
Yes or at the least a penalty to insure her.

Not all that common, but I would guess it's becoming more common.

As of October 2015:

"According to National Business Group on Health data, four percent of their members won’t offer coverage to spouses who have access to their own employer plan in 2016, while one percent won’t offer coverage to spouses at all.

But a much higher percentage – more than a third of employers – are tacking on a surcharge for spouses who continue to receive spousal insurance coverage despite having the option to obtain coverage through their own employers
."

Source: https://www.healthinsurance.org/faq...nce-can-my-husbands-company-deny-me-coverage/
Follow us: @EyeOnInsurance on Twitter | healthinsurance.org on Facebook

Mine costs $150 a month for a single person but if you want to add your family it goes up to over $1,000... and I work in healthcare.

The day Obummercare was implemented, this happened to me. It was going to cost me an additional $500 per month to keep my wife on the insurance plan from work.

I've worked at places since 2005 that had a rule that if your spouse has access you can add them but with a substantial penalty

I've worked at places since 2005 that had a rule that if your spouse has access you can add them but with a substantial penalty
Yeah, my wife's plan at her employer is relatively affordable if it's just her, or just her and the kids, but to add me is outrageous, and it's been that way since 2006, but it doesn't matter if I have access to another plan or not. My employer has two options, either just me or me and my whole family.

Yeah, my wife's plan at her employer is relatively affordable if it's just her, or just her and the kids, but to add me is outrageous, and it's been that way since 2006, but it doesn't matter if I have access to another plan or not. My employer has two options, either just me or me and my whole family.
It's been a while since I used that plan, but at the time if the spouse didn't have access it to any it wasn't overly costly to add her

They're checking voter rolls and raising premiums on non-Dems. My overall costs went down this year as premiums stayed the same and they waived the deductible on meds so I no longer have to drop $500 every January to cover my son's monthly meds to meet it.

They're checking voter rolls and raising premiums on non-Dems. My overall costs went down this year as premiums stayed the same and they waived the deductible on meds so I no longer have to drop $500 every January to cover my son's monthly meds to meet it.

My friend was Obama Fanboy #1 and he's beside himself over his increases.

Us young and healthy people are sooooooo thankful to have the opportunity to be gouged and sucked dry.

I dont know what any of you people are complaining about. I liked my doctor and plan and got to keep both. Also my premiums have stayed the same cost.*

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT