ADVERTISEMENT

Navy Game Day thread

The home team side booed the whole team at half time.
Good. Well deserved. Most important game of the season. All you have to do is execute and beat an average team at home. As a player, you should be chomping at the bit to go out there and bury that opponent. Instead, they showed up with no sense of urgency.

That is the difference between good and great teams.

What is the tiebreaker between us and Houston? I’ll try to find out what the AAC rules are.

We’re in over the loser of Tulane @Cincy next week.

I think it comes down to composite rankings. Houston has zero votes in the AP and Coaches Poll. I’ll have to look at the other computer rankings.

We’re #27 in the sagarin poll and Houston is #71, as an example.

Last edited:
the other thing is that Gus seemed to have zero urgency in this game …this is the risk when you hire a ‘retread’ who admitted this is his ‘retirement job’ and he feels zero threat from our Athletic Director. The game had a scrimmage feel

Reactions: ucffan642
Our losses:
14 points
13 points
14 points

In our wins we score over 41 per game.

I’m finding a trend…

images
UNC

You missed UCF, but I get it we didnt choke we just got flat out ran over, out played by 3-7 team and the result is all of our season goals and dreams go from within our control and back to Cincinnati/ someone elses.

Can be beat the bulls? Can we find a way back to the CCG? We can show flashes of greatness. But we have also been inept at times too.

I wasn’t rooting against Heupel at Tennessee but it is nice that their fans will shut up about him for a bit , Bianchi too

Reactions: Yaes
Come on, can't blame Keene for the playcalling and no blocking!
Ok, Keene gets the play calling excuse, but JRP doesn’t? How does JRP have 1 rush attempt in the 1st half the week after he runs for 176 against Tulane?

Especially with Keene emerging in the Cincy and Memphis games if we were going to still go with Plumlee we should be running a version of what Navy was running yesterday just lean on Plumlee, Harvey and Bowser carrying the ball all day.

And 2 of those were at home to "inferior" teams. There're just 6 home games a year....if we don't show up for 33% of them this program has a big problem. And, sorry to say, big problems start at the top.
I don’t know that I’d call Louisville an inferior team to us. They are 7-4, just beat a top 25 team yesterday.

Reactions: Willie Knightime
Ok, Keene gets the play calling excuse, but JRP doesn’t? How does JRP have 1 rush attempt in the 1st half the week after he runs for 176 against Tulane?

Especially with Keene emerging in the Cincy and Memphis games if we were going to still go with Plumlee we should be running a version of what Navy was running yesterday just lean on Plumlee, Harvey and Bowser carrying the ball all day.
Keene gets both the play calling and poor Oline excuse by these ppl.

Okay, and that is on coaches.

I don’t know that I’d call Louisville an inferior team to us. They are 7-4, just beat a top 25 team yesterday.
This is why people saying stuff about wins or losses in like week 3 is always ridiculous. It only matters in the final AP poll after everything is done. Then you know what you've actually played against.

Reactions: U C to the F
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT