ADVERTISEMENT

NC BBQ sucks

SkiDog291

Silver Knight
May 29, 2001
O-Town!
Never been a fan of mustard and vinegar BBQ...nasty. My kids won't even it. I'll put my weekend smokes and southern sauces against any of those NC wannabees.

images

North Carolina BBQ in a nutshell…”Is this for my vagina or prepping some meat for the BBQ?”

Reactions: All Knight
Acquired taste. I prefer the brown sugar version but like the carolina gold version too. Theres a place in ATL that has a korean gochujang version that blows evertyhing else out of the water

Remember when we had ECU fans on this forum? Did we crush them so much they never wanted to come back? Their bbq does suck btw, like their football team.

Hit Kings BBQ lake county Eustis. Might change your mind.
Yes this is the answer A mustard based vinegar sauce the best I have tasted. Also great on porkchops. SO GOOD. Sadly the guys split up and u have to look for original Recipe. Look Kings BBQ Sauce. The Original. It I'd better than any other sauce our there.

Yes this is the answer A mustard based vinegar sauce the best I have tasted. Also great on porkchops. SO GOOD. Sadly the guys split up and u have to look for original Recipe. Look Kings BBQ Sauce. The Original. It I'd better than any other sauce our there.
Where have you been ElprofesorJuan? It’s like you gave up alcohol for several months?!

• Haha
Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
It’s actually pretty good. I grew up in South Carolina. So we would switch back and forth because we had both types in my hometown

I lived in South Carolina for 2 years and had no idea there was bbq for each state.
Florida is a crappy tomato based formula.

Memphis is a dry rub. Texas is has a lot of beef, sausage, and spice.

And anyone who doesn’t like South Carolina mustard base or North Carolina vinegar base clearly orders chicken fingers at the steak house.

• Haha
Reactions: U C to the F
I live in SC and hate mustard based BBQ. But damn I LOVE the vinegar BBQ. I have to admit they got it going on. Best BBQ I ever had was in Austin Texas. Memphis BBQ was a huge letdown too, but better than mustard based,

This is some of the best BBQ around especially in North Carolina. There are two components to BBQ, one is the smoking and two are the sauces. Well smoked meat can stand alone on its own without any sauce . Haywood Smokehouse has that good of meat.

Reactions: knight_tracker
This is some of the best BBQ around especially in North Carolina. There are two components to BBQ, one is the smoking and two are the sauces. Well smoked meat can stand alone on its own without any sauce . Haywood Smokehouse has that good of meat.

I lived near the VA/NC border for 3 yrs and I wasn't impressed. Tired numerous places and it was far from being the best as I've had in GA or FL....like mine!

I lived near the VA/NC border for 3 yrs and I wasn't impressed. Tired numerous places and it was far from being the best as I've had in GA or FL....like mine!
Midwood smokehouse in charlotte is pretty good but theres about 4 places in atlanta alone that will blow them out of the water

Never been a fan of mustard and vinegar BBQ...nasty. My kids won't even it. I'll put my weekend smokes and southern sauces against any of those NC wannabees.
#BroadBrush

There's an Eastern and Western style... Some do it well, some don't - typical quality spectrum at at play here, as with most products.

Haywood Smokehouse is in the Smoky Mountains. It was started by native Floridian from Tallahassee. The guy also raised cattle. He knows beef. It was recently featured on Diners ,Dives and Drive Throughs. They have won awards and such. It's good . I have had good BBQ in Florida, Georgia, NC,SC, ,TN ,Al,La, Tx, St. Louis, KCMO ,and other places . Haywood is up there among the best .

My buddy owns Up With The Sun BBQ here in town. It’s a catering/food truck business.
He claims that if anyone leaves a BBQ joint talking about the sauce, they F-ing failed! One of the things he learned at Brisket University in TX is that really great bbq should stand on it’s own to the point that nobody will want to F it up by adding sauce.

Reactions: mattropolis
My buddy owns Up With The Sun BBQ here in town. It’s a catering/food truck business.
He claims that if anyone leaves a BBQ joint talking about the sauce, they F-ing failed! One of the things he learned at Brisket University in TX is that really great bbq should stand on it’s own to the point that nobody will want to F it up by adding sauce.
In TX sauce is for the bread

Reactions: Drew-C-F
This is very true, however, i am a sauce whore and will still sauce the sh** out of my bbq. With that said, Nc bbq sucks

Reactions: Drew-C-F
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT