ADVERTISEMENT

New 1-1 Football Series With....

Poolside Knight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Apr 2, 2007

giphy.gif

Time to bring back up the theory that Danny White is getting blackballed, amazing fundraiser but the future schedule....

after the last game in their stadium and them trying to injure our players I thought we wouldn't even consider a series with them anymore.

Not a new series. A renewal of a series that has been played more often than not over the last decade. UCF has played either FAU or FIU 9 times in the past 10 years. Nobody should be surprised by this scheduling announcement.

Reactions: UCFan9906
We already have UNC and GT in 2020. Why do you guys say it's getting very worrisome? Seems like he just filled the G4 spot.
The years that FIU is scheduled we have 2 P5 teams both years already. In 2022 when we go to FIU we have 2 P5 teams at home that year.

I am a bit worried as well.

I'm not completely down on the two future FIU games for the same reasons that have been brought up already (history of scheduling FIU/FAU, good recruiting showcase for South Florida kids, etc.).

However, what's worrisome is the FIU game next year AND a likely FCS opponent (per Brandon's tweet). I would feel a lot better about UNC, FIU, at GT, and going to play at another P5 school (Arkansas, TCU).

FIU is whatever...but FIU and an FCS team (which would make for seven home games) seems like it would be exactly on par with what the national narrative already is against UCF.

We shall see...

FIU is very meh (to me) but I understand it's good for recruiting and attendance so I won't complain. Looking forward to more news in the coming days or weeks.

This is fine, and I'm sure they'll add FAU for 2023. The real downer is that it looks as though we'll only play one P5 team in 2021 and a bad one at that in Louisville. Pretty much all P5 teams have set schedules for 2021 at this point, so UCF will have to look elsewhere.

We already have UNC and GT in 2020. Why do you guys say it's getting very worrisome? Seems like he just filled the G4 spot.
Brandon confirmed that the last slot is going to a IAA team

If you are ok with the marquee OOC Game being the 3rd Place ACC Coastal team most years ok but it should stop our fanbase from whining on social media about lack of respect. UCF as a Program is not scheduling as an SEC West Member, the Program is in the G5 and if we truly believe we are big time we gotta find a way to load up the OOC to balance being outside out the Power 5.

I know there are some that are under the mindset that no matter what UCF does it won't have a chance at the Playoff but even if that is true wouldn't you still want an occasional regular season game with a Program like Oklahoma like fellow AAC Member Houston does?

Brandon confirmed that the last slot is going to a IAA team

If you are ok with the marquee OOC Game being the 3rd Place ACC Coastal team most years ok but it should stop our fanbase from whining on social media about lack of respect. UCF as a Program is not scheduling as an SEC West Member, the Program is in the G5 and if we truly believe we are big time we gotta find a way to load up the OOC to balance being outside out the Power 5.

I know there are some that are under the mindset that no matter what UCF does it won't have a chance at the Playoff but even if that is true wouldn't you still want an occasional regular season game with a Program like Oklahoma like fellow AAC Member Houston does?
I see. My point was that the scheduling strategy hasn't changed. We have one FCS, one G4, and 2 P6 every year so I didn't see what was worrying. But I understand some people want our scheduling strategy to change.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
wouldn't you still want an occasional regular season game with a Program like Oklahoma like fellow AAC Member Houston does?
Who would our Oklahoma be? UF, FSU, UGA? Those teams aren’t playing at Spectrum and they want two home games to even consider it. That’s not happening.

ESPN isn’t going to respect our schedule no matter who we play. F em

Who would our Oklahoma be? UF, FSU, UGA? Those teams aren’t playing at Spectrum and they want two home games to even consider it. That’s not happening.

ESPN isn’t going to respect our schedule no matter who we play. F em
Houston on the field was comparable to UCF under Tom Herman, play in a newer and similar capacity On Campus Stadium yet swallow their pride and agree to play Oklahoma in the Houston Texans stadium. TCU has done everything UCF has and made it into the Big12 and agreed to play Ohio State at Jerry World instead of at their On Campus Stadium.

Agree to disagree but if a team like Georgia or Ohio State for example would agree to play UCF at the Citrus Bowl instead on opening weekend, take it bc until the any other announcement comes it looks like Spectrum or bust is backfiring.

Reactions: Endeavor.
Houston on the field was comparable to UCF under Tom Herman, play in a newer and similar capacity On Campus Stadium yet swallow their pride and agree to play Oklahoma in the Houston Texans stadium. TCU has done everything UCF has and made it into the Big12 and agreed to play Ohio State at Jerry World instead of at their On Campus Stadium.

Agree to disagree but if a team like Georgia or Ohio State for example would agree to play UCF at the Citrus Bowl instead on opening weekend, take it bc until the any other announcement comes it looks like Spectrum or bust is backfiring.
Haha I’m sure Danny would accept a game at the Citrus Bowl against Georgia or Ohio State.

I am a bit worried as well.

I'm not completely down on the two future FIU games for the same reasons that have been brought up already (history of scheduling FIU/FAU, good recruiting showcase for South Florida kids, etc.).

However, what's worrisome is the FIU game next year AND a likely FCS opponent (per Brandon's tweet). I would feel a lot better about UNC, FIU, at GT, and going to play at another P5 school (Arkansas, TCU).

FIU is whatever...but FIU and an FCS team (which would make for seven home games) seems like it would be exactly on par with what the national narrative already is against UCF.

We shall see...
Id rather get a 7th home game against a team like FIU than play at a school like Arkansas. There is literally no benefit to playing an Arkansas on the road unless it’s part of a 1-1 series with a home game at Spectrum. If you lose than you lost to a crappy team that north Texas obliterated. If you win it does nothing to further a G5 team getting into the playoff discussion. Zero.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
TCU has done everything UCF has and made it into the Big12 and agreed to play Ohio State at Jerry World instead of at their On Campus Stadium.

The TCU vs Ohio State game was a neutral site game at Jerry World, not a series. DW has stated he has tried to find a neutral site game vs a top "Power" 5 team but has not had any luck getting anyone to agree.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
The TCU vs Ohio State game was a neutral site game at Jerry World, not a series. DW has stated he has tried to find a neutral site game vs a top "Power" 5 team but has not had any luck getting anyone to agree.
The guy thinks DW is turning down offers to play Georgia and Ohio State at the Citrus bowl. I guess because UF said they may be open to a game there...with 2 return games.

You do realize where TCU is located? Yes I know it was a neutral 1 and done technically but it isn't quite the same as the UF-Michigan game there.

I know most on this forum won't agree, it is what it is

A previously scheduled home-and-home series between the Buckeyes and the TCU Horned Frogs has been sliced down to just one game in 2018, but that game will be played at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, on Sept. 15, 2018.

I enjoy our FAU / FIU series. But yes we need to fill out the schedule.
The schedule is now full for 2020 and 2022. UConn will move to an OOC game and the AAC will give us another conference opponent.

The schedule is now full for 2020 and 2022. UConn will move to an OOC game and the AAC will give us another conference opponent.

I know I'm opening myself up to "you're new around here", but I don't believe the above to be true. Yes, the AAC will give UCF a different conference opponent in-place of UCONN starting in 2020. But I think you are incorrect, UCONN does not become an OOC game in 2020.

UCONN will be off the schedule, they have no agreement to play UCF beyond next year (obviously conference teams don't need official contracts/agreements to play one another, but they won't be in the conference beyond '19).

Those are both 1 for 1 deals. Scheduling is what it is it's done years in advance and if the team you scheduled has a bad year or you have a bad year then that is it. It has little to no impact on who the best team in D1 is in a given year.

This is not exciting news. This is a series with a “lower tier” G5 team. They are barely a step up from FCS. So.., we have 4 OOC games

FIU, an FCS team and 2 mediocre to lower half ACC teams at best in 2020 and 2022

So.., what does this mean?

Either DW has waited too long and teams have set their future schedules or he’s being “blackballed.”

It’s not exciting for the fans or season ticket holders, but if one is a believer that we don’t have a chance at the CFP anyway, it doesn’t change much of anything

We can continue to strive for a NY6 bowl game and keep winning to put us in a position for a P5 invite

Last edited:
Just keep winning, especially conference titles...the schedule doesn’t matter. We just proved that by winning 25 games in a row. Even if we additionally plastered UNC and GaTech the outcome would have still been the same, and the pundits would still be making up excuses. If we suck so bad then just beat us, otherwise they can just shut thier pie-holes and continue whining as we rack up more wins.

I must say. This is getting SLAMMED on social media

We couldn’t get someone like BYU?

Last edited:

UCF has 2 P5 teams on the schedule both years. This series has been known for a bit now. UCF and FIU were the only schools with 2020 openings and UCF always plays FIU or FAU. The talking heads are just idiots. Just wait to see the meltdown when we schedule an FCS to fill the other game in 2020 for a 7th home game. Oh the humanity.

UCF has 2 P5 teams on the schedule both years. This series has been known for a bit now. UCF and FIU were the only schools with 2020 openings and UCF always plays FIU or FAU. The talking heads are just idiots. Just wait to see the meltdown when we schedule an FCS to fill the other game in 2020 for a 7th home game. Oh the humanity.
What’s the schedule looking like for 2021? That’s right around the corner

What’s the schedule looking like for 2021? That’s right around the corner
Not sure what DW will have for 2021. My comment was about the years that UCF scheduled FIU. If I had to guess, 2021 will feature Louisville, FIU/FAU, an FCS, and a BYU/Boise/mid tier P5.

Not sure what DW will have for 2021. My comment was about the years that UCF scheduled FIU. If I had to guess, 2021 will feature Louisville, FIU/FAU, an FCS, and a BYU/Boise/mid tier P5.
Thanks. Right now it looks like we have Louisville. We can always get an FCS
If he can get an FAU/FIU for 1 game at spectrum, I would not be opposed to going to some big time school for 1 game.

Like Michigan in 2016

However, that would give us no marquee home game. 2021 isn’t looking very good at all as far as the home schedule. Honestly, it could be the worst in years

Danny White better not bail on us before he works on 2021

Last edited:
Thanks. Right now it looks like we have Louisville. We can always get an FCS
If he can get an FAU/FIU for 1 game at spectrum, I would not be opposed to going to some big time school for 1 game.

Like Michigan in 2016

However, that would give us no marquee home game. 2021 isn’t looking very good at all as far as the home schedule. Honestly, it could be the worst in years

Danny White better not bail on us before he works on 2021
Our 2028 schedule looks way worse

Our 2028 schedule looks way worse
Ha! Howabout 2023?

When we last went to FIU in 2016, I commented on here that we have evolved past that. We don’t need to go there anymore.
It’s a 20,000 seat stadium! That may be the smallest in the FBS. What do I find out yesterday? We are going there again

Yeah.,, they have beaten us twice. Blah, Blah, Blah. Yeah Alabama and UF say the same thing about Spectrum. Well.., I agree. They don’t need to come to Spectrum. However 44,000 is at least respectable. 20,000 is an absolute joke. I’m not exactly being on a high horse here. 20,000??? Please.

We thought FAU was bad? That has a 30,000 fan capacity, right?

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Damn
Even if we can't get in to the playoffs no matter who we schedule..
I would still like a game that is box office and have me marking my calendar, FIU aint it at all

Even though USF looks like a footstool for the P5, I know I'm going to be excited to watch all their upcoming big games compared to UCF vs some random FCS team in all honesty.

Ha! Howabout 2023?

When we last went to FIU in 2016, I commented on here that we have evolved past that. We don’t need to go there anymore.
It’s a 20,000 seat stadium! That may be the smallest in the FBS. What do I find out yesterday? We are going there again

Yeah.,, they have beaten us twice. Blah, Blah, Blah. Yeah Alabama and UF say the same thing about Spectrum. Well.., I agree. They don’t need to come to Spectrum. However 44,000 is at least respectable. 20,000 is an absolute joke. I’m not exactly being on a high horse here. 20,000??? Please.

We thought FAU was bad? That has a 30,000 fan capacity, right?
Take over Miami?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Playing F_U is becoming almost like FCS game 2.0 except you are playing on the road too. Played one of them 10 times in 12 years. Not really anything to gain, quickly loses interest after doing it so frequently, and eventually you get burned. No one would think FIU would win in 2011, 2015 when those games were scheduled.

It really just lumps the team with F_U if that is the most consistent teams that they play.

yeah all the National Writers are slamming UCF, even the ones that have been more Pro UCF. It seems like our fanbase is in this defiant bubble going along with this but it could backfire big time in the long term(and once you are not selling undefeated seasons). In FIU's case on top of everything else it's just a really crappy place for a road game, there are Sun Belt Schools with better stadiums and gameday production.

yeah all the National Writers are slamming UCF, even the ones that have been more Pro UCF. It seems like our fanbase is in this defiant bubble going along with this but it could backfire big time. In FIU's case on top of everything else it's just a really crappy place for a road game, there are Sun Belt Schools with better stadiums and gameday production.
FIU is the only team with schedule availability in 2020. Both 2020 and 2022, UCF has 2 P5 opponents already (3 P5 home games those years). This is literally the most obvious scheduling news that could have come for those years. There are other years where UCF needs to fill some gaps, but the fact that writers are slamming UCF over this just shows they have no idea what they are talking about.

Reactions: Knight Strength
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT