ADVERTISEMENT

New Transfer Portal thread

Read he has two years of eligibility which I think would be good for our Dline.

In 2021 he had 38 total tackles and 3.5 sacks. Also had similar production in 2020 and good production in 2019. Seems like a great athlete.

Emotions get the best of us sometimes don’t they??
Very astute. As I hearken back to when I was 18-19, I cant imagine facing the decisions that await these young men. Patience and wieghing the pros and cons are a key. Don't expect immediate gratification from your choices. Remember very few will make it to the next level. Stick to your plan, listen to your parents and knowledge is the key to most things in life.

Emotions get the best of us sometimes don’t they??

Yep, and not just the emotions of the athletes, but also the emotions of the parents who are always going to think their kids deserve a “better” situation and think everyone else will feel the same way.

Reactions: tjb74
Very astute. As I hearken back to when I was 18-19, I cant imagine facing the decisions that await these young men. Patience and wieghing the pros and cons are a key. Don't expect immediate gratification from your choices. Remember very few will make it to the next level. Stick to your plan, listen to your parents and knowledge is the key to most things in life.
in these situations sometimes the parents are the problem. it's good when they are like latavius murray's situation where he wanted to transfer after he injured his knee and his mother said you need to stick it out down there.

in these situations sometimes the parents are the problem. it's good when they are like latavius murray's situation where he wanted to transfer after he injured his knee and his mother said you need to stick it out down there.
Very true.

Many kids do not have great role models and, accordingly, make poor decisions. I think the transfer portal will end up as a net positive for student athletes after some lessons learned from all sides, though.

Reactions: Asphalt.Jungle
For every negative story of the Portal there is a positive story, plus 95% of players are not going to make a career in football. They may not end up having an impact somewhere else on the field, but they might have a better education experience which should be the goal for any player that is not a lock for the NFL.

Is he from New York? Syracuse sucks!
From D.C...Cam's objective is to start for the highest rank school he can.

Think from a player's perspective. The only reason to play in college is if you want to go pro. Its too much time and effort to be playing for fun anymore. A first-order condition to go pro, is you have to start somewhere. If you can't start in college you obviously can't start in the NFL. This is their logic.

Does he want to play in a cold place, of course not, although he's from D.C. But from his perspective, there's no reason to continue playing if he can't start.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
From D.C...Cam's objective is to start for the highest rank school he can.

Think from a player's perspective. The only reason to play in college is if you want to go pro. Its too much time and effort to be playing for fun anymore. A first-order condition to go pro, is you have to start somewhere. If you can't start in college you obviously can't start in the NFL. This is their logic.

Does he want to play in a cold place, of course not, although he's from D.C. But from his perspective, there's no reason to continue playing if he can't start.
Plenty of guys make the league that aren’t starters. Just have to make the most of the opportunities you’re given. And when we talk about DT the position rotates so much, what does it really matter if you start?

Same guy who committed to Arkansas a few post up was at UCF on a visit this weekend. I’m confused, does anyone have some info on this?? Is he not committed to Arkansas anymore??

Reactions: Knight59
Is he from New York? Syracuse sucks!
Living near Syracuse myself, I can’t imagine why anyone would choose upstate NY over Orlando. It’s not even a good college town imo. The ‘Cuse fan base really only cares about basketball.

Living near Syracuse myself, I can’t imagine why anyone would choose upstate NY over Orlando. It’s not even a good college town imo. The ‘Cuse fan base really only cares about basketball.
When McNabb and the Missile were there people cared.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT