ADVERTISEMENT

New WR Commit?

Maybe not South Florida player of the year, but Storm Johnson was2009 AAA Player of the Year by the AJC. Latavius Murray was 2007 Gatorade player of the year in the state of New York. Kevin Smith was all Dade county honors for running back and defensive back. The point is people are looking to see what they want to see. These new recruits look great, but lets be honest, they are not significantly better than we have traditionally gotten before. They are a different kind of recruit to be placed in a different kind of system. It is the hope that this new system will propel UCF forward.

There is no doubt that Frost brings an energy and youth to recruiting that was desperately lacking in the last years of GOL. But I think we need to be realistic as to the recruits he is currently signing and the speed in which he will be able to implement the new offense. That he is able to match and maintain recruiting from the last couple years in the short time he has been here is remarkable in and of itself. I am not sure any other coach could have done it. But can we stop with the comparisons with GOL? those comparisons are foolish and counterproductive. We are all glad that Frost is here and GOL has retired. Now just move on.

You didn't even read my post. We haven't had any or very few of these players from 2011-2015 and now we have at least 3-4 in a month

Reactions: thelandman19
Storm Johnson was a Transfer.

It's weird how many buzzkills/borderline critics there are of Frost already from some hardcores(that media guy caingle being the ringleader) when UCF is coming off 0-12 w GOL Players & Assistants and hired a Head Coach that just about everyone outside Orlando thought we outkicked our coverage. He's doing great given the circumstances he walked into but here we are w the spin in the other direction to build up Grandpa who had 2 0fers which is hard to do with a Football Program in Florida.

This could have ended way worse with a hiring of a Gene Chizik or Hoke type HC w the number of openings there were this offseason.

No this is you reading into what you want to read into the discussion. Nobody has argued that Frost is not doing a great job or is a really great thing for UCF. The issue is that every thread seems to start with "we have never done this under GOL" or "These recruits are so much better". It is the old guard anti-GOL guys who keep looking back as if to make some point. Just like your comment about Storm Johnson. He was a transfer. So what? He is an example of an outstanding "player of the year" type recruit that was recruited to play at UCF by GOL and his staff. As if being recruited out of high school or getting a player away from UM makes any difference. What is the point of that?

It is not a buzzkill to be excited about the team and Frost's recruits without having to listen to anti-GOL rants. Like I said before, Lets move forward without looking back.

Reactions: Knight_Light
You didn't even read my post. We haven't had any or very few of these players from 2011-2015 and now we have at least 3-4 in a month

You said: "We never had a RB who averaged 9.6 yards a carry and who was the South Florida player of the year. We never had a stud athlete from Dr Philips High School either" We did have quality players of the same caliber that we are getting now. When GOL was engaged and recruiting full force and we had assistant coaches that were engaged and recruiting full force we recruited talent along the same lines. Clearly the work and heart were not in it the last few years which is good in that now we have a new coach. Better than having Key

Oh come on, you hated GOL when we were #10 in the nation. It is about GOL hate for you. You need a 12 step for your GOL hatred [roll]

Well I guess the huggers celebrated their years the haters celebrate this year. Guess you both had your day, now stop already it is really getting tired. I just want to look forward without looking back.

Not until we are bowl eligible again.

We've never had this many fast guys here. So fast that they're already playing in 2017.

Firm_bizzle just dabbed on the huggers
HolleyJerrick.2e16d0ba.fill-735x490.png

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
No wait those guys came to UCF despite GOL! LOL. I am glad Frost is changing the dynamic at UCF because it was time for a change. But I have to chuckle about the GOL detractors who are so adamant that nothing good was done in the last 12 years. Joe Burnett was probably the most explosive player I have seen on the field.

Are you serious? He had a few nice runbacks in his career, but to say this is ridiculous really. Joe Burnett had a very short NFL career and barely broke 4.6 in the 40 as a CB.

Are you serious? He had a few nice runbacks in his career, but to say this is ridiculous really. Joe Burnett had a very short NFL career and barely broke 4.6 in the 40 as a CB.

A few?

Believe he still holds the UCF and CUSA Career Punt Return record and finished his career in the Top 20 All-time of college football punt returns.

You don't get named First Team All-American Kick returner because you had "a few nice returns".

Oh...not bad for a 4 year starter at DB...who I think still holds the UCF record for INTs.

He ended his UCF career with 5 return TD's (3 punt return, 2 kickoff return).

While he maybe didn't have the flat out speed as Quincy McDuffie, Burnett was able to do that most could never do...make the first and 2nd guy on punt return coverage miss...let alone be elusive to others on his kick returns and even his INT returns.

A few?

Believe he still holds the UCF and CUSA Career Punt Return record and finished his career in the Top 20 All-time of college football punt returns.

You don't get named First Team All-American Kick returner because you had "a few nice returns".

Oh...not bad for a 4 year starter at DB...who I think still holds the UCF record for INTs.

He ended his UCF career with 5 return TD's (3 punt return, 2 kickoff return).

While he maybe didn't have the flat out speed as Quincy McDuffie, Burnett was able to do that most could never do...make the first and 2nd guy on punt return coverage miss...let alone be elusive to others on his kick returns and even his INT returns.

The most explosive player anyone has ever seen???? Really??? That's what I debated. Why are you changing the subject? I'm as big of a fan as any, but geez, take off your UCF blinders for just a second. In reality, how many "explosive" plays and accolades would he have had at a P5 school like in the SEC??? Probably very, very few. He probably wouldn't even have returned kicks at all for those schools and may have been 1-2 year starter.

Point is I want to see UCF/ Frost recruit athletes that can compete against any level of college football, so that we can become a member of P5 or at least beat those teams regularly and once again dominate our level. Comparing RBs like Micah Reed and Wilson and others in the past few years to players who we have just recruited and others that we are targeting now at RB is ridiculous

We need guys with great talent that we can develop, not only under the radar players who "may" become great like a Kevin Smith, Bruce Miler, etc.

Last edited:
Frost is the greatest thing that's ever happened to us! His recruits are so fast!

The most explosive player anyone has ever seen???? Really??? That's what I debated. Why are you changing the subject? I'm as big of a fan as any, but geez, take off your UCF blinders for just a second. In reality, how many "exposure" plays and accolades would he have had at a P5 school like in the SEC??? Probably very, very few. He probably wouldn't even have returned kicks at all for those schools and may have been 1-2 year starter.

Point is I want to see UCF/ Frost recruit athletes that can compete against any level of college football, so that we can become a member of P5 or at least beat those teams regularly and once again dominate our level. Comparing RBs like Micah Reed and Wilson and others in the past few years to players who we have just recruited and others that we are targeting now at RB is ridiculous

We need guys with great talent that we can develop, not only under the radar players who "may" become great like a Kevin Smith, Bruce Miler, etc.
I'll add.
-play a complete game
-beat P5 teams
-cool uniforms
-make adjustments at halftime
-recruit Florida kids
-play Saturday games

The most explosive player anyone has ever seen???? Really??? That's what I debated. Why are you changing the subject? I'm as big of a fan as any, but geez, take off your UCF blinders for just a second. In reality, how many "exposure" plays and accolades would he have had at a P5 school like in the SEC??? Probably very, very few. He probably wouldn't even have returned kicks at all for those schools and may have been 1-2 year starter.

Yes, I saw that and then I saw your quote that JB had a "few nice returns".

I never stated JB was the most explosive UCF player ever...but he had other talents, including top DB coverage and excellent punt and even kick return game...hence my post.

Hope that was ok...as UCF has had so few All-Americans and I've never seen a UCF fan return to any of those players that they had "a few nice plays".

NOTE: In the past, UCF favored some big RB;s...many rated quite high like McMurray, Harvey, etc....and Frost is recruiting a different style of RB....and the good thing is both can end up being successful.

Think offense and recruits wanting to come to UCF for its offense.

Its that simple. I hate 1-0 baseball games and football games won with low scores.
So do most fans who let Hitt know what direction they wanted this thing to go.

Here's the hard part for some: enjoy where we are and believe its going to get better for the UCF fan.
#UCFast / #UCFierce

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT