ADVERTISEMENT

NFL draft on Thursday

KnightVision82

Diamond Knight
Jan 26, 2004
Don't know if any of you have most recent articles on any of our guys from Big 12 PRO Day?

This one appears to be most recent on Plumlee...my take also is free agent.

Got this one on Javon from same source.

Lets get it through your heads....

JRP is not going to be drafted, will putter out as an invite and will get into some sorta salesmanship position.

• Haha
Reactions: DrPhillipsKnight
The Draft starts Thursday. Doubt anyone we care about goes on Thursday. Friday or Saturday more than likely.

Round 3.5 Baker gets drafted, are we taking over/under?

I have a pretty good idea, but interested what you all think…

And what team do you like best for him (QB/scheme/fit/opportunity, etc)?

I'll say over. It seems our players tend to get picked later than projected.

No idea on a NFL team.

Matt Lee listed as ESPNs 153rd best available player, 9th overall Center. Miami really does ruin players, wow. He left UCF as the highest rated returning C in all of CFB. I don’t think whatever they paid him was worth it, b/c it really couldn’t have been that much compared to what he lost in the draft #themariomiamieffect

Reactions: Robert0122
I like Dallas for Baker, opposite Lamb. That could be a really good situation for him.

Maybe Buffalo, that worked out for another UCF receiver.

The Chargers need WR depth after losing K. Allen, opportunity there.

DAL/BUF/LAC. I think those are my favorite fits for him.

Reactions: DeezKnights
Matt Lee listed as ESPNs 153rd best available player, 9th overall Center. Miami really does ruin players, wow. He left UCF as the highest rated returning C in all of CFB. I don’t think whatever they paid him was worth it, b/c it really couldn’t have been that much compared to what he lost in the draft #themariomiamieffect
I forgot about him. He should be a great free agent sign for some team. UM equals u messed-up!

I don’t see him even collecting any stats in real games

Maybe ends up like Adrian Killins, one career carry for -12 yards
will always root for anyone that played for UCF even though wasn’t much of a fan of him here but it’s crazy how delusional the fanbase on social media has gotten about him. idk if it is boredom of football offseason but many of them are convinced he has a chance of being a QB at that level. don’t overthink it , he looked lost vs mediocre ACC teams

will always root for anyone that played for UCF even though wasn’t much of a fan of him here but it’s crazy how delusional the fanbase on social media has gotten about him. idk if it is boredom of football offseason but many of them are convinced he has a chance of being a QB at that level. don’t overthink it , he looked lost vs mediocre ACC teams
To be fair, Malzahn had so much confidence in him, that he started him while he was injured and immobile (Kansas).

they aren't even waiting for them to get into the portal, they're contacting them during the season: "hey we want you as soon as the portal opens."

Baker has to wait till Day 3 . we tend to overrate our own players but I will say that WR McCaffrey being drafted ahead of him is a reach bc of who he is related to . Washington took him w the final pick in the 3rd round

Baker has to wait till Day 3 . we tend to overrate our own players but I will say that WR McCaffrey being drafted ahead of him is a reach bc of who he is related to . Washington took him w the final pick in the 3rd round
He ran a faster 40 time and is taller than Baker. Would think Baker running the 4th slowest 40 time for WR in the combine is what is keeping him waiting.

The lineage aspect does help McCaffrey, gives a little more confidence that he could stay healthy and have a longer career than average.

Last edited:
He ran a faster 40 time and is taller than Baker. Would think Baker running the 4th slowest 40 time for WR in the combine is what is keeping him waiting.

The lineage aspect does help McCaffrey, gives a little more confidence that he could stay healthy and have a longer career than average.
also his interviews might not have gone well. you see those profiles of all those Michigan players drafted they were all connected and team first not stats

Ok this is getting cruel at this point. Yet another UCF player getting drafted to an AFC East rival to the Dolphins. This sucks

Next year, Kobe Hudson and RJ Harvey have a chance to be drafted. But if he’s healthy all year, I think Lee Hunter is probably our best NFL prospect (and the most likely to go in Day 2-3).

Reactions: tjb74
Huepel recruits phasing out. There will be more draftees in the future.
auburn weren't anything to write home about under gus. top 10 recruiting classes annually, but not top 10 in nfl draft picks. none of these post o'leary UCF coaches come close to him when it comes to player development.

auburn weren't anything to write home about under gus. top 10 recruiting classes annually, but not top 10 in nfl draft picks. none of these post o'leary UCF coaches come close to him when it comes to player development.
But the players had low ceilings and didn't translate to the next level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT