ADVERTISEMENT

NHL Playoffs

mach3ucf

Golden Knight
Apr 24, 2003
Who do you think will win?
I hope the Panthers will win it all.. But This is what i think..

Capitals over Flyers in 5.
Penguins over Rangers in 7.
PANTHERS over Islanders in 6.
Bolts over Red Wings in 7.

Ducks over Preds in 6
Sharks over Kings in 7
Blues over Blackhawks in 7
Stars over Wild in 6

Caps over Pens in 6
Panthers over Bolts in 7

Sharks over Ducks in 7
Blues over Stars in 7

Caps over Cats in 7
Blues over Sharks in 6

In 7 games.. Your Stanley Cup Champs
St. Louis Blues.....

How the hell are the Blues the good guys? They will do the usual beat the hell out of the hawks for 2 games before that act gets old and the Hawks win in 6.

Reactions: KingDavid
How the hell are the Blues the good guys? They will do the usual beat the hell out of the hawks for 2 games before that act gets old and the Hawks win in 6.
I'm pretty sure the blues don't have a rapist on their team, that is a good start.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Great game last night. I just hope they can keep that pace up. They really turned it on to another level in the 3rd.

Well the Rangers are boned if Lundqvist is out. Got down 2-0 and picked up a great opportunity with a double minor and minor on the same play. Put one in on the 5 on 3 and with a 3 minute power play to tie it we give up a short handed goal.

Stralman is the key, hopefully he is back for the next round.
I think we can be Detroit without Stralman and Stamkos, but no way do we compete with the Panthers without both. Stralman would at least help us be competitive with them. Not convinced we could beat them in 7 even with both back and healthy.

I think we can be Detroit without Stralman and Stamkos, but no way do we compete with the Panthers without both. Stralman would at least help us be competitive with them. Not convinced we could beat them in 7 even with both back and healthy.
Tampa can survive without Stamos until the Eastern Conference Championship as long as Druin plays like he did yesterday.

Yzerman should be strung up by his balls for failing to find a way to use Drouin all year. He's been an absolute monster this series and is replacing all of the toughness on offense that Stamkos brought. It also helps that Johnson and Kucherov are again exploding at exactly the right time.

If the Lightning can hold on and get Stralman back then they have a very good shot at making the Eastern Conference Finals again.

Yzerman should be strung up by his balls for failing to find a way to use Drouin all year. He's been an absolute monster this series and is replacing all of the toughness on offense that Stamkos brought. It also helps that Johnson and Kucherov are again exploding at exactly the right time.

If the Lightning can hold on and get Stralman back then they have a very good shot at making the Eastern Conference Finals again.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, the Lightning just match up really well with Detroit. I want to see what happens in the next round but I hope that Stralman is back for that.

Yzerman should be strung up by his balls for failing to find a way to use Drouin all year.
I couldn't disagree more. Yzerman did absolutely nothing wrong in that situation. Drouin was repeatedly told how he could get more PT and he completely ignored it...last season and this. Then, they send him to Syracuse to work on his forecheck and off-puck play and he decides that he's just not going to show up? C'mon! I agree that he's been good this series, so far, and the last couple of games of the season. But, he's had the opportunities before and he's squandered them. He's now playing a ton of minutes because of Stamkos' injury, on a 2 line and he's playing with the fire of having something to prove. All of that, combined with his undeniable natural ability, is leading to the Drouin we all knew could show up; but, one that he chose not to have show up so many times before.

In my opinion, a statue of Yzerman should be erected for the way he handled the whole situation.

It took me over 90 min to get to that Stadium.. RRRRRRGGGG.. I HATE TRAFFIC!!! I wish I had Moses Staff to part the Traffic down here like the Red Sea.. Panthers looked pretty good.. Defense in Game 1, just fell asleep 3 times, and each 1 resulted in a goal..
Also Tampa does look good, Hopefully we get that All Florida Matchup.. Will be cheaper to go to away games.. Few Friends Flying up to NY tonight..
& Yes it was pretty sad to see so many empty seats, I even said to my group of friends, at some points this is a playoff game? I've been to louder regular season games..

I think the loudest person other than me.. was my friends daughter.. She really does scream fro the entire game, also at such a high pitch that even I have a headache.. I guess Karma?

Ugly last night. 7 shots in the last two periods. We better come out a lot hungrier next game.

At least Boyle showed up Abdelkater for being the pu$$y he is.

Ugly last night. 7 shots in the last two periods. We better come out a lot hungrier next game.

At least Boyle showed up Abdelkater for being the pu$$y he is.
Didn't get to watch it but listened to the Lightning broadcast. Sounded as if the officiating was pretty one sided. Usually you get the color guy saying things about the officials but Dave Mishkin was also complaining. I guess the officials switch for every game because before the game started they were concerned about the referee who has had issues with the Lightning in the past.

Didn't get to watch it but listened to the Lightning broadcast. Sounded as if the officiating was pretty one sided. Usually you get the color guy saying things about the officials but Dave Mishkin was also complaining. I guess the officials switch for every game because before the game started they were concerned about the referee who has had issues with the Lightning in the past.
It was definitely one-sided in the number of calls, but I didn't see too many egregious calls against the Lightning (penalties taken). That said, there were several no-calls that looked pretty clear to me.

As for the game as a whole, I thought Detroit came out like many of the teams did against the Lightning last year in the playoffs and played a much, much more physical game. Those types of matchups always disrupt the Lightning who are more built upon finesse and speed; however, they only have one Larkin (19), but still have Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Richards, Kronwall and Ericsson who are all in their mid-30's so that pace/style of play is probably not sustainable for a drawn-out series. We definitely have to get some scoring from guys other than the 1 Line though.

Our lack of shots was horrible and we played like crap, BUT, it's also hard to get offensive zone time when your guys are continually in the box and killing penalties.

I think at one point, we played a 14 minute stretch with 8 of them being penalty kill minutes.

And yes the refs were HORRIBLE. They hit us with such lame penalties yet completely failed to call multiple interferences by Detroit, or Garrison nearly having his leg hacked apart directly in front of the ref at the end of the 1st period. Then there's the clear goalie interference that they refused to call on the 2nd goal.

Didnt get to watch the game the other day. Was busy the whole weekend. I did get to watch the Panthers vs Islanders last night. Man, as soon as the goal was taken back they completely deflated. They had nothing left and couldnt get the motivation back. They better watch out or they will get bounced quickly.

Didnt get to watch the game the other day. Was busy the whole weekend. I did get to watch the Panthers vs Islanders last night. Man, as soon as the goal was taken back they completely deflated. They had nothing left and couldnt get the motivation back. They better watch out or they will get bounced quickly.
Don't know about that. After they took the goal away, the Islanders scored 90 seconds later to make it 2-1. But then the Panthers scored to make it 3-1 and it looked like they grabbed the momentum back. The penalty they called on Kulikov was weak. Looked like a solid hip check. That led to the tying goal.

The games have been great to watch. Panthers could easily be up 3-0 right now but give the Islanders credit for always coming back. I think this thing is going 7.

Wash game was hard to watch..
Min v Dallas was good, Fell asleep after the 2nd per. for Kings v Sharks.. glad i didn't stay up, kings in OT, I'd be dead today..

Tonight quite a few good games hopefully..
Tampa will have a tough one.. Rangers should win at MSG, and better Goalie..
Ducks need to win, or they are probably done.. Chicago vs St. Louis will be another classic hopefully!

Wash game was hard to watch..
Min v Dallas was good, Fell asleep after the 2nd per. for Kings v Sharks.. glad i didn't stay up, kings in OT, I'd be dead today..

Tonight quite a few good games hopefully..
Tampa will have a tough one.. Rangers should win at MSG, and better Goalie..
Ducks need to win, or they are probably done.. Chicago vs St. Louis will be another classic hopefully!
Sitting in a bar in NYC last night watching five hours of NHL playoffs made for a great time.

Even though you can't replace Stamkos, the way Drouin is playing is REALLY filling some of the gap. He's playing out of his mind right now; he had pinpoint passes for assists on every goal last night. The 2nd assist was the best since he sold the shot to everyone and found a wide open Kuch for an easy goal.

If they can close out Detroit and get some rest, and hopefully get Stralman back, I think they can make another push at least to the Conference Finals.

I wonder how full that stadium down south will be when they return? Considering its right in the middle and easily accessible.

Good stuff! I didn't realize UCF had any guys in the NHL. What line are you playing on so that we can all watch you on tv?

Are you really going to start that argument? Yes, fans of teams refer to the team as "we."

And my name is Henrik, but you can call me King

Make no mistake...even if you dont do the whole 'we' thing...it is much worse to be that guy who feels the need to shout down at people who do.

what a game by Bishop

an all Florida 2nd round would be fun

I hope they go to 7 games and get real banged up.

Bishop is easily the best goalie in the NHL right now. Detroit had like 6 breakaways and he stoned all of them; you could see how pissed off they were getting.

Now they get a chance to rest and hopefully get Stralman back for the next series which would be YUGE.

I hope they go to 7 games and get real banged up.

Bishop is easily the best goalie in the NHL right now. Detroit had like 6 breakaways and he stoned all of them; you could see how pissed off they were getting.

Now they get a chance to rest and hopefully get Stralman back for the next series which would be YUGE.
I said we could get past Detroit with Stralman and Stamkos out, but after that we had to at least have Stralman back to make a run. Panthers havent been playing that well in this series, so its quite possible they go to 7 and we might just get lucky to get him back.

IIRC, the announcers said WE play the NYR/Pitt winner.

Panthers havent been playing that well in this series, s.
yeah thats not true at all. Panthers have outplayed the Islanders in all 4 games and have been on the wrong end of some tough calls. We thoroughly outplayed them in Game 1 and somehow lost that too. We even controlled most of OT in game 3 until the eventual turnover and winner. Advanced metrics back this up that Florida has controlled this series more than even Tampa controlled the Wings even though the series is over at 4-1.

Luongo needs to be better and more consistent and Brian Campbell has been terrible. Other than that, this could have easily been a sweep for Florida if you have been watching the 2 teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT