ADVERTISEMENT

Nickelodeon has gone off the rails

Society loves to turn a blind eye to depression and instead says, "grow up" or "get over it", instead of listening and supporting.
Combine this laissez-faire attitude towards mental health with our obsession with guns and you begin to understand today's 'Mass Shooting of the Week' reality.

But his immigration policies don't affect you, so why do you care?

Well, a) they did - he tried to take away DREAMer protections and b) they affect others, not necessarily me. Someone being trans doesn't affect anyone but themselves.

Combine this laissez-faire attitude towards mental health with our obsession with guns and you begin to understand today's 'Mass Shooting of the Week' reality.
I have an obsession with guns and own dozens of them and don’t feel compelled to shoot up a school. Millions of guns owners just like me in this country act and feel the same.

I have an obsession with guns and own dozens of them and don’t feel compelled to shoot up a school. Millions of guns owners just like me in this country act and feel the same.
I never implied you or other healthy, well-adjusted gun owners did. But combine a seriously depressed individual with easy access to deadly assault weapons and you've got yourself a mass-shooting just waiting to happen.

I never implied you or other healthy, well-adjusted gun owners did. But combine a seriously depressed individual with easy access to deadly assault weapons and you've got yourself a mass-shooting just waiting to happen.
And I don’t think those people should own guns.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Well, a) they did - he tried to take away DREAMer protections and b) they affect others, not necessarily me. Someone being trans doesn't affect anyone but themselves.
How did they affect you? Your husband wasn't deported, correct? And why point out that this affects someone else when criticizing me for talking about something that doesn't affect me directly when you just used that as a reason to care about something?

How did they affect you? Your husband wasn't deported, correct? And why point out that this affects someone else when criticizing me for talking about something that doesn't affect me directly when you just used that as a reason to care about something?

Dude, you're either being dense, or have a very hard time comprehending things.

Being trans affects NO ONE else but that person. Someone's political policies affect millions of people.

Dude, you're either being dense, or have a very hard time comprehending things.

Being trans affects NO ONE else but that person. Someone's political policies affect millions of people.
Both affect me. Just like they do to you.

Calling BS on this. You've literally said that you want AR-15s banned and confiscated.

... "Learn the meaning of environmental racism" ...
^ Yep, it's a super-combo meal.

Planned Parenthood (who I actually support) using money to bus kids to DC to lobby for gun control. Why?! What does that have to do with anything related to a woman's health? In fact, the right to control one's own body and defense ... it's actually at odds!

The thing is ... lobbyists, who used to work for big oil, now just work for California green economy startups. Some of their plans and costs just insults me as an EE.

But I'm now a racist, because I support educated environmentalism, not popular environmentalism.

Reactions: sk8knight
^ Yep, it's a super-combo meal.

Planned Parenthood (who I actually support) using money to bus kids to DC to lobby for gun control. Why?! What does that have to do with anything related to a woman's health? In fact, the right to control one's own body and defense ... it's actually at odds!

The thing is ... lobbyists, who used to work for big oil, now just work for California green economy startups. Some of their plans and costs just insults me as an EE.

But I'm now a racist, because I support educated environmentalism, not popular environmentalism.
No, you’re a racist oppressor because you are a white male.

You should have just insulted these morons like I did and be done with it.
He still thinks drag queens are trans, their existence hurts him, and the definition of a word is the most important thing on Earth.

Because of how I feel. Why do I have to change my feelings so that someone else can keep theirs?
DAMN RIGHT!!!!

A transgendered person should keep her butt hidden in the closet in order to protect the delicate feelings of people in this world like Crazyhole.

Why are y’all so triggered over men in dresses?
Weak. Why don't you tell me how this kind of thing advances society or makes our military more efficient at the job of protecting the nation. You think it's good, so explain why.

Weak. Why don't you tell me how this kind of thing advances society or makes our military more efficient at the job of protecting the nation. You think it's good, so explain why.
Okay. There’s no way you’re being serious.

Okay. There’s no way you’re being serious.
Yes, I am. This movement has had the luxury of not being pressed on why it is better than the alternative for a long time. Defend it.

Why is this kind of thing better for society?

How does it make our military more efficient in its goal of defending the American people from foreign threat.

Should be easy to answer, right?

Yes, I am. This movement has had the luxury of not being pressed on why it is better than the alternative for a long time. Defend it.

Why is this kind of thing better for society?

How does it make our military more efficient in its goal of defending the American people from foreign threat.

Should be easy to answer, right?

Only weak, sad men who can't find joy in their own lives would be offended by a drag show. I feel sorry for you.

Nothing would be more demoralizing to a bunch of Islamic extremists or Chinese soldiers than to get absolutely routed by a squad of full-on drag queens.

Nothing would be more demoralizing to a bunch of Islamic extremists or Chinese soldiers than to get absolutely routed by a squad of full-on drag queens.
Let me tell you…drag queens can be scary and intimidating. They DO NOT fck around.

What’s your point?
That you can't explain why it's beneficial to do this stuff. The movement expects the opposition to defend their position and have the luxury of just staying on the offense. Just tell me why and how this stuff improves society and makes our military stronger. It should be simple if you approve of it.

That you can't explain why it's beneficial to do this stuff. The movement expects the opposition to defend their position and have the luxury of just staying on the offense. Just tell me why and how this stuff improves society and makes our military stronger. It should be simple if you approve of it.

Dude. It’s entertainment. I don’t get why some people like watching country concerts or girls prancing around in tight clothes, but if people like that, good for them, doesn’t affect me, so why do I care? Everyone enjoys different things.

I’ve been to plenty of drag shows with straight men there and they loved it. Take your triggered glasses off for a sec and realize it’s just people having fun. If you don’t wanna enjoy it, then don’t watch it.

I swear, the true snowflakes are you all.

Dude. It’s entertainment. I don’t get why some people like watching country concerts or girls prancing around in tight clothes, but if people like that, good for them, doesn’t affect me, so why do I care? Everyone enjoys different things.

I’ve been to plenty of drag shows with straight men there and they loved it. Take your triggered glasses off for a sec and realize it’s just people having fun. If you don’t wanna enjoy it, then don’t watch it.

I swear, the true snowflakes are you all.
Dismissive.

This show was marketed as a way to gain a greater understanding of the LGBTQ community.

You really haven't ever had to defend this kind of thing, have you? Its always just been easy to call the detractors snowflakes, haters, or fascists.

If you truly believe this is a net benefit to society, this is your opportunity to sharpen your iron. I don't judge or hold grudges, this is just a good opportunity to galvanize each of our respective beliefs.

Dismissive.

This show was marketed as a way to gain a greater understanding of the LGBTQ community.

You really haven't ever had to defend this kind of thing, have you? Its always just been easy to call the detractors snowflakes, haters, or fascists.

If you truly believe this is a net benefit to society, this is your opportunity to sharpen your iron. I don't judge or hold grudges, this is just a good opportunity to galvanize each of our respective beliefs.

“I don’t judge” says the guy who created a thread on a message board getting upset over a drag Queen singing a song.

People seeing things from all walks of life is beneficial to society.

“I don’t judge” says the guy who created a thread on a message board getting upset over a drag Queen singing a song.

People seeing things from all walks of life is beneficial to society.
"All walks of life"? You sure about that?

Reactions: UCFWayne
Just curious. If dressing in drag is just for entertainment purposes then why do some drag queens feel the need to wear the garb at work? I'm talking a non entertainment type work.

Just curious. If dressing in drag is just for entertainment purposes then why do some drag queens feel the need to wear the garb at work? I'm talking a non entertainment type work.
Some performing drag queens also happen to be transgendered--which is what this thread is really about.

Here's a thought: You and Crazyhole leave them alone and they'll leave you guys alone. I'm pretty darn sure of it!
:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT