ADVERTISEMENT

Nm

Been a total covid flop after he was gifted a vaccine with around 60% of the eligible population with at least 1 shot.
Gifted 60%? Amazing. It only took you less than eight months to rewrite history. :)
Cases in Florida are continuing to spike even as vaccinations rise.
Yep, it's all Biden's fault that Florida, Arkansas, Alabama, and Missouri are in crisis-mode! Damn you, Joe!*
Shook...you have to be disappointed in your fearless leader.
Yeah, our President should have pleaded, "pretty please with sugar on top" to all the numbskull chuds out there who are too stupid to take the vaccine.

So rising cases and rising vaccinations = dementia man excuses. Got it 🤪

Always someone else's fault. How's the lie that you won't need a mask after vaccination? Straight from the pedos mouth.
2 weeks to flatten the curve.
Masks don’t work, oh wait they work.
You can’t have a vaccine ready by December
Get the vaccine so we can return to normal.

And you wonder why some people don’t trust our current governmental leaders with this messaging.

Gifted 60%? Amazing. It only took you less than eight months to rewrite history. :)

Yep, it's all Biden's fault that Florida, Arkansas, Alabama, and Missouri are in crisis-mode! Damn you, Joe!*

Yeah, our President should have pleaded, "pretty please with sugar on top" to all the numbskull chuds out there who are too stupid to take the vaccine.
knighttime is an idiot...lol

Reactions: Big12Knights
knighttime is an idiot...lol
IIRC, by January 21 there were about 15-20 million people vaccinated (1st dose mostly). I think now (6 months later) we have 190M people vaccinated. I see some progress there.

I also see a bunch of morons blaming Biden, Fauci et. al. for backtracking or changing the message and/or Pfizer changing the estimated effectiveness of the vaccine from 90-95% to 60/70/80%.
The only explanation I have is this: some people are just stupid. When the vaccines were developed, we only had the Alpha variant and the vaccines were almost bulletproof. Then we had the London and the South African variant and we were still ok. Now we have the Delta variant and the vaccines are probably 50-60% effective but still keep people from dying.
The reason for re-instating the mask-wearing guidelines is to reduce the area that can be affected by a carrier when they are out and about.

IIRC, by January 21 there were about 15-20 million people vaccinated (1st dose mostly). I think now (6 months later) we have 190M people vaccinated. I see some progress there.

I also see a bunch of morons blaming Biden, Fauci et. al. for backtracking or changing the message and/or Pfizer changing the estimated effectiveness of the vaccine from 90-95% to 60/70/80%.
The only explanation I have is this: some people are just stupid. When the vaccines were developed, we only had the Alpha variant and the vaccines were almost bulletproof. Then we had the London and the South African variant and we were still ok. Now we have the Delta variant and the vaccines are probably 50-60% effective but still keep people from dying.
The reason for re-instating the mask-wearing guidelines is to reduce the area that can be affected by a carrier when they are out and about.
In a perfect world where everyone gets a new clean mask every time that they go out of the house, then you're right, there are benefits. Every test that I've ever seen of mask efficacy uses clean masks. I have yet to see one where people use a mask, wad it up in their pockets, through it on the counter, and then repeat with the same mask for months. If any of you have seen any studies like this, please share it.

Because once a mask becomes saturated, then the mask poses a bigger risk to the person wearing it and the people around them than not having a mask at all (excepting the rare case that someone sprays large droplets on you directly). I would really like to see a couple of studies analyzing the risk of real-life usage of the masks. We've seen some survey studies of infected people that lend credence to the masks being fairly ineffective.

Always someone else's fault.
Plain and simple, the fault lies with all the unvaccinated Chuds in this country.
How's the lie that you won't need a mask after vaccination?
You'd think we were dealing with a deadly virus that's mutating as time goes on and our population of unvaccinated Chuds are catching it.

You mention that vaccinations are going up (yay!) but 97% of the Covid hospitalizations in places like Arkansas, Missouri, Alabama, and Florida are from the unvaccinated.

Here's an interesting study. They surveyed a large number of people in the US about their mask-wearing habits and then tried to correlate that with local rates of infection. They surmised that mask wearing decreases the rate of infection up to 3-fold.

But the rest of the story showed that places that enacted mandates saw no difference in their rates of infection pre- and post- mask mandates. So either people don't follow the mandates (which anecdotally I disagree with), or the field data may suggest that masks aren't the huge factor that we're being told they are.

How did those lockdowns and restrictions work out? Lol.
Last year you whined about those ghastly covid restrictions ruining our economy but now you're whining about rising infection numbers when (cue trumpet fanfare) 60% of Americans have already been vaccinated. Guess what? That means 40% remain unvaccinated.

If you and your Chud buddies would get vaccinated, the economy that you were so damn worried about last year would be going blockbusters by now.

Vaccinated are getting covid. I agree that they aren't getting hospitalized in most cases, but the vaccine didn't end the pandemic.
HEEEEELLLLOOOOOO.....The only reason the vaccine hasn't yet ended the pandemic is because 40% of Americans have yet to get their shots and so are doubly-vulnerable to this new delta variant.

Reactions: Big12Knights
Here's an interesting study. They surveyed a large number of people in the US about their mask-wearing habits and then tried to correlate that with local rates of infection. They surmised that mask wearing decreases the rate of infection up to 3-fold.

But the rest of the story showed that places that enacted mandates saw no difference in their rates of infection pre- and post- mask mandates. So either people don't follow the mandates (which anecdotally I disagree with), or the field data may suggest that masks aren't the huge factor that we're being told they are.

You need to read the whole thing again.
Mask wearing increased the odds that R<1 was attained 3-fold, not that it decreased the rate 3-fold. It means mask wearing was negatively correlated to infection rate.
Mask mandates did not change that: same people would wear masks even without the mandate and the "me" crowd wouldn't do it even with the mandates

HEEEEELLLLOOOOOO.....The only reason the vaccine hasn't yet ended the pandemic is because 40% of Americans have yet to get their shots and so are doubly-vulnerable to this new delta variant.
The % required for herd immunity is calculated based on how transmissible the virus is. Since Delta can infect people more (or more people), the % for herd immunity is higher.

In any case, the meaning of herd immunity is not that the virus disappears but that it does not find enough people to infect so it is controlled. With so many unvaccinated people and some vaccinated getting infected, the virus is not going away for a while.

Last year you whined about those ghastly covid restrictions ruining our economy but now you're whining about rising infection numbers when (cue trumpet fanfare) 60% of Americans have already been vaccinated. Guess what? That means 40% remain unvaccinated.

If you and your Chud buddies would get vaccinated, the economy that you were so damn worried about last year would be going blockbusters by now.
Are all the unvaccinated minorities who overwhelmingly voted for Biden also “chuds?”

This is actually pretty consistent with what I would expect. I think the correct way to view the data is that masking is effective is limiting transmission. Widespread masking is effective in limiting transmission. But mandates are only marginally effective because you probably get 80-90% of the behavior change without the mandate.

To see this, look at the Google trends mobility data. The "stay-at-home" orders showed up when 80%+ of the drop in movement had already occurred.

IMO, the argument against mandates is that you get most of the benefits of the mitigation without actually mandating or enforcing it. I think that's true if the mandate's lag. But the political will to implement mitigation when there is no obvious active thread is challenging.

For example - if schools start to see widespread transmission, mask wearing is going to increase dramatically on a voluntary basis. So a mandate AFTER widespread transmission breaks out is going to have very little marginal impact because behavior will change voluntarily. So to get impact, it has to be pro-active.

Reactions: UCFCray
The % required for herd immunity is calculated based on how transmissible the virus is. Since Delta can infect people more (or more people), the % for herd immunity is higher.

In any case, the meaning of herd immunity is not that the virus disappears but that it does not find enough people to infect so it is controlled. With so many unvaccinated people and some vaccinated getting infected, the virus is not going away for a while.
Thank you! Finally someone who understands herd immunity. Not getting vaccinated gives us ALL a prolonged pandemic.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Are all the unvaccinated minorities who overwhelmingly voted for Biden also “chuds?”
The unvaccinated are about stupid, poor Americans of all races, shapes, and sizes. I'm guessing that it is true that a lot of those poor Southerners who remain unvaccinated are also Trump-thumping Chuds.

Look at at a Covid infection map: It's certainly not a coincidence that the high concentration areas, the so-called 'Covid hot spots,' are found in our poor Southern States and low income neighborhoods in most big cities.

The unvaccinated are about stupid, poor Americans of all races, shapes, and sizes. I'm guessing that it is true that a lot of those poor Southerners who remain unvaccinated are also Trump-thumping Chuds.

Look at at a Covid infection map: It's certainly not a coincidence that the high concentration areas, the so-called 'Covid hot spots,' are found in our poor Southern States and low income neighborhoods in most big cities.
That’s not an answer to my question. It just seems like you want to blame conservatives even though there’s a ton of data that shows minorities are some of the most vaccine hesitant.

When you ignore information because it doesn’t align with what you assume to be true already, you are absolutely and truly lost. Good luck to you.

That’s not an answer to my question.
It's not? Who do you think lives in those low-income areas of big cities (southern or northern) that I mentioned?
It just seems like you want to blame conservatives even though there’s a ton of data that shows minorities are some of the most vaccine hesitant.
If you've read my posts on this subject, I've made it crystal clear that IMHO the dividing line for vaccine hesitancy isn't politics, it's income and education. Trust me, there's more than enough poor stupid people of all races to go around when it comes to refusing to get the Covid vaccine..

It's not? Who do you think lives in those low-income areas of big cities (southern or northern) that I mentioned?

If you've read my posts on this subject, I've made it crystal clear that IMHO the dividing line for vaccine hesitancy isn't politics, it's income and education. Trust me, there's more than enough poor stupid people of all races to go around when it comes to refusing to get the Covid vaccine..
Oooh, so you’re just choosing to single out some of them when you rail against the “chuds.” Got it.

• Haha
Reactions: KNIGHTTIME^
You need to read the whole thing again.
Mask wearing increased the odds that R<1 was attained 3-fold, not that it decreased the rate 3-fold. It means mask wearing was negatively correlated to infection rate.
Mask mandates did not change that: same people would wear masks even without the mandate and the "me" crowd wouldn't do it even with the mandates
I tried to relate the correlation in an easier way to understand. They found a 3-fold improvement with masks.

Your second point is your opinion as they didn’t offer a conclusion just speculation.

Oooh, so you’re just choosing to single out some of them when you rail against the “chuds.” Got it.
Yeah folks, be sure to listen to Knight In TN: Don’t forget there are poor dumbass minorities along with poor dumbass whites who are refusing to get vaccinated.

Yeah folks, be sure to listen to Knight In TN: Don’t forget there are poor dumbass minorities along with poor dumbass whites who are refusing to get vaccinated.
Hey, you’re the one saying it’s “Trump chuds” not getting vaccinated.

Biden could have set real expectations.

Instead, he's blaming and spewing the same, 3rd grader logic that causes people to not trust him... let alone he's overseeing the destruction of small businesses and any remaining wealth of the middle class.

We are going down, and it's going to be bad.

• Haha
Reactions: Poolside Knight
Vaccinations + infections. Eventually getting immunity in the population
Lots of the infections are ending up with eternal natural immunity. No vaccinations further necessary. Just good life insurance and a nice plot of land at the cemetery

#Darwinism

This winter is gonna be pretty bad.
In the northern states. .003% might have issues too. How's your covid btw?

cartoon-cavemen-vector-id486222812

• Haha
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
Been a total covid flop after he was gifted a vaccine with around 60% of the eligible population with at least 1 shot. Cases in Florida are continuing to spike even as vaccinations rise.

Shook...you have to be disappointed in your fearless leader.
Maybe if you republican doosh-bags actually wear a mask and stop fighting safety protocols things would slow down. But according to most of you dooshbags this virus will go away on its own. The cases are rising in Florida b/c of the republican govenor who is more concerned with tourism dollars than fighting the virus. Are you really blaming Biden for Florida's spike in cases?

Maybe if you republican doosh-bags actually wear a mask and stop fighting safety protocols things would slow down. But according to most of you dooshbags this virus will go away on its own. The cases are rising in Florida b/c of the republican govenor who is more concerned with tourism dollars than fighting the virus. Are you really blaming Biden for Florida's spike in cases?
Who cares? If DeSantis isn't going to lock things down and you are vaccinated, how does this affect your life?

You know Florida has a higher vaccination than the national average. Next excuse?
There's an awful lot of frustration out there because the vaccines aren't living up to the expectations. Gotta blame someone I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT