ADVERTISEMENT

Notes from the Participation Chart

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022
Ricky Barber and DeJordan Mask were obviously slowed by injuries, but I noticed lots of peculiar things on Saturday's participation chart.

Bula Schmidt, Drake Metcalf, and Adrian Medley did not play. Two are hurt and the other one's feelings are hurt. Those are understandable.

The list of players who did not play is huge:

William Wells, Demarkcus Bowman, Jarrad Baker, Decorian Patterson, and Fred Davis were absent from the lineup.

Most of these guys played in the first three ballgames and are on the travel squad. I cannot explain benching all these guys.

On the positive, Amari Johnson and Demari Henderson made their first appearances.

I'm assuming Henderson got Wells' snaps and Johnson, Baker's snaps. Bowman may still be injured. Can't explain Davis and Patterson not playing.

Last edited:
this poor transfer class is why we haven't improved on defense. you're suppose to go to the portal to improve your team, not to learn that the players you already had (or even recruited freshmen) are better than them.

this poor transfer class is why we haven't improved on defense. you're suppose to go to the portal to improve your team, not to learn that the players you already had (or even recruited freshmen) are better than them.

Gotta say you are right.

Missed on Antonio Grier, who has been injury prone at Arkansas, and Christian Leary, who was supposed to be the deep threat.

Rian Davis, meanwhile, has underwhelmed. Isaiah Paul hasn't been playing. Fred Davis has barely played. I don't know what's up with Decorian Patterson.

Wilson and Mask have been successful at least.

Agree with you guys. Navy rammed it down our throats, Duke and Tulane took it to us and we just don't have the talent or depth to compete at the level of K-State. And Auburn was very correct when he said our guys played their hearts out!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT