ADVERTISEMENT

NY6 Bowl Marc Daniels teaser this am

UCFan9906

Bronze Knight
Feb 18, 2007
Did anyone catch Daniels' segment this am? I heard the teaser for his show at 9:47 and think he was talking about Cotton Bow not wanting any G5 but I was curious what he had to say.

They did have WMU last year so it could be as simple as that.

I have a feeling they will line us up with TCU or another, former G5, if possible.
They did it to Boise too a few years back.

I have a feeling they will line us up with TCU or another, former G5, if possible.
They did it to Boise too a few years back.
None of the Bowls want G5 and the P5 opponents don't want us either. Going to be very political with who gets stuck with the G5 representative. Would be really bad if we lost a game. The Bowls definitely don't want that.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Cotton bowl is not a option this season for a G5 team. They host a G5 team in 2019, so they have been guaranteed not to host a G5 this year. The highest rated G5 team is going to Fiesta or Peach bowl.

Cotton bowl is not a option this season for a G5 team. They host a G5 team in 2019, so they have been guaranteed not to host a G5 this year. The highest rated G5 team is going to Fiesta or Peach bowl.

It's interesting how sure all these predictions seem to be locked in on the G5 getting the Peach and yet Fiesta is a real possibility.

It's interesting how sure all these predictions seem to be locked in on the G5 getting the Peach and yet Fiesta is a real possibility.

I think the CFP committee selects who goes to which bowl and they try to arrange the teams by location (could be wrong). Peach is obviously closest to us, which is why I think this is being pushed. I do see us getting hosed and ending back up in the Fiesta bowl though......

If you want to kill our fan attendance at a bowl game, send us to the Fiesta Bowl. Sorry, but that's the one bowl game we make that I will not be attending. I can't afford to drop $1500+ on plane, hotel, food and entertainment this year.

I think the CFP committee selects who goes to which bowl and they try to arrange the teams by location (could be wrong). Peach is obviously closest to us, which is why I think this is being pushed. I do see us getting hosed and ending back up in the Fiesta bowl though......
I think the Bowl Committees pick. There is a pecking order every year. Small straw gets us. Like Fiesta 4 years ago.

If you want to kill our fan attendance at a bowl game, send us to the Fiesta Bowl. Sorry, but that's the one bowl game we make that I will not be attending. I can't afford to drop $1500+ on plane, hotel, food and entertainment this year.
It's the final FU, "hey look at their terrible bowl attendance"

So you're saying I should go ahead and book my Dallas trip for next year?

From what I could tell yeah maybe 8-10k were there which is great. Baylor had like 40-50k it seemed. Peach Bowl is be VERY well attended this year if we get it.

You guys don't even go to your own home games, why would you complain about traveling to a bowl game?

Gotta hope the PAC12 and Big12 ranked schools keep winning and they get two teams each into the NY6 bowl games

You guys don't even go to your own home games, why would you complain about traveling to a bowl game?
You do realize UCF attended the Fiesta Bowl in 2013 better than all the Big East teams ever did during the BCS era ... combined, right?

P5 arrogance, ignoring the bottom 60% of the P5.

If it's the Fiesta, do what I did in 2013 ... drive to Vegas, put $500 (probably more like $1,000 now with the odds) on UCF straight-up, pay for your trip as a result. ;)

From what I could tell yeah maybe 8-10k were there which is great. Baylor had like 40-50k it seemed. Peach Bowl is be VERY well attended this year if we get it.

Yeah, I don't know if we would even get 8-10k out there this year. Since the playoff creation, the NY6 bowls that aren't considered a playoff game for that year really lose their feel. It's still a great bowl game, but it had a much bigger feeling to it when it had the BCS title attached to it.

Now if we get the Peach bowl, we'll sell out our allotment easy. I'm really hoping for any bowl other than the Fiesta.

We wouldn't get as many to the Fiesta. Why? Because its not as big of a deal anymore. We've been there...recently. Which is more than we can say for a few schools out there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT