ADVERTISEMENT

**** Official GOL statue look-a-like thread

George minus 60 lbs. Looks like K_L and crew went cheap and got a small statue. Should be easy to take down.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
qrazb6.jpg

George Gaynes
MV5BMjE5NjkxNTQ5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTUwMjYxOA@@._V1_UY317_CR15,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Yeah. That looks like garbage. That looks nothing like him. Since when did he ever stand there holding a football? Standing there with his arms folded while wearing a headset, and chomping on some gum? Fist pump? I can't believe the school allowed that to go up. It should have looked like him after we won one of our titles or the Fiesta Bowl. I'm sure there are enough of those pictures. They could have asked Brandon....he's got a few pics over the years. Plant trees and shrubs around it and let them grow!

Last edited:

I'm not sure who it looks like, but it's no O'Leary.
It doesn't look like him, looks cheap and the white base isn't what statues usually have. Actually looks very clown-like and unprofessional. I would rather actually not have this statue if it was me. It's kind of disrespectful to have a "cheap" or "cheap-looking" statue IMO. Again..,
It's more like an ornament in the BHSN/UCF landscape more than a defining statue of our program's success which remains to be seen. We will save that for a future coach.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
George minus 60 lbs. Looks like K_L and crew went cheap and got a small statue. Should be easy to take down.
It's not hurting anyone. Stop being a drama-queen. The guy isn't the coach anymore and he's sick.

It doesn't look like him, looks cheap and the white base isn't what statues usually have. Actually looks very clown-like and unprofessional. I would rather actually not have this statue if it was me. It's kind of disrespectful to have a "cheap" or "cheap-looking" statue IMO. Again..,
It's more like an ornament in the BHSN/UCF landscape more than a defining statue of our program's success which remains to be seen. We will save that for a future coach.
Funny. You're dead on in saying that if you shrunk it, it would look like some cheap, plastic ornament you hang on the tree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT