ADVERTISEMENT

One day to signing

add in the very recent racial tension on that campus, it never made sense how so many top players want to go there

And the fact that their mascot is literally a symbol of the South's fight to preserve the institution of slavery. I've always wondered how they get any players.

And the fact that their mascot is literally a symbol of the South's fight to preserve the institution of slavery. I've always wondered how they get any players.

The average person fighting for the Confederate army had no interest in the institution of slavery. Those were the rich plantation owners. Anyway, Mississippi is like going back at least 20 years though. Stupid to think 4 and 5 star players want to live in Mississippi for four years. Shocking it took this long for them to get caught.

Yes, get that kid from Viera high school that committed to Ole Miss. He is really good. Negative recruit now. Ole Miss will be in sanctions in about 2 or 3 years from now. Probably bowl ban. Why go there? Didn't they get caught trying to pay Cam Newton to go there a few years back also?

Ahhhh ... A person in need of a history lesson I see....

Last edited:
The average person fighting for the Confederate army had no interest in the institution of slavery. Those were the rich plantation owners. Anyway, Mississippi is like going back at least 20 years though. Stupid to think 4 and 5 star players want to live in Mississippi for four years. Shocking it took this long for them to get caught.
Why does any kid want to go to Tuscaloosa?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Ole Miss has probably the best looking girls of any school in the country.

I've heard this too. Too bad this isn't weighted heavily enough. Otherwise, we would have a top 10 class every year. However, weather AND women have to mean SOMETHING to a few recruits at least. Who the hell would want to play at Syracuse? No way. I went to school for 1 year near there. It was hell.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Shocking a team in Mississippi getting top recruiting classes is cheating. I'm shocked!!!

Ready to hear about Baylor next. They been getting amazing classes as a small Christian school. Better than Texas that everyone dreams of playing for in texas.
You have to wonder. I have a friend who played for Lou Holtz at Arkansas as a DE/DT and he said that it wasn't uncommon back then to see envelops passed around after the game with cash in them at parties from boosters. You have to wonder if this stuff has really stopped or still happens today only a little more stealth.

I've heard this too. Too bad this isn't weighted heavily enough. Otherwise, we would have a top 10 class every year. However, weather AND women have to mean SOMETHING to a few recruits at least. Who the hell would want to play at Syracuse? No way. I went to school for 1 year near there. It was hell.

Best recruiting class in years for Syracuse. Unfortunately a ton more 3 stars would rather play there than here. Hopefully, when UCFast/fun get going that 'll change.

You have to wonder. I have a friend who played for Lou Holtz at Arkansas as a DE/DT and he said that it wasn't uncommon back then to see envelops passed around after the game with cash in them at parties from boosters. You have to wonder if this stuff has really stopped or still happens today only a little more stealth.

We've been doing that here for years. :pimp:

The amazing recruits we signed? None played on our team and one guy QB D. Smith supposedly got a used laptop. Also, the person that represented him was never charged with any crime. Apples and oranges. I wish we had a class close to Ole Miss.

The best recruiting classes we have had were with Kelly. Do you think it coincidence that we get busted for recruiting violations because of him and Tribble? We were pushing the envelope. I think it is good that none of the connected players ever saw the field for us or it would have been worse.

Ole Miss has probably the best looking girls of any school in the country.
intentional or not, Memory Mall looks like it was modeled after the Grove at Ole Miss

in some cases UCF is still the biggest school no one knows about. during that one interview that Bortles did with that blonde bimbo for that sports blog she asked him what University in the State of Florida had the most hot girls and she was shocked that he answered UCF. Some automatically make assumptions when the Football Program is not in the SEC or ACC.

I'm not really worried about this recruiting class. It's going to be what its going to be. Coach Frost didn't have a lot of time to put it together. If he can land 4 or 5 guys who can play right away, then it was a huge success. My guess is that the guys that can play right away will be on the offensive side of the ball. Lets see what he can pull in next year when hopefully we aren't 0-12. With a full year to recruit the state of Florida, I am hoping to see a big jump in recruiting next year. But all of that is contingent on what he can actually do on the field. Will we have to endure a couple of USF type seasons under Willie Taggert before we start to see the payoff? Or will he get the program back to winning right away?

I'm not really worried about this recruiting class. It's going to be what its going to be. Coach Frost didn't have a lot of time to put it together. If he can land 4 or 5 guys who can play right away, then it was a huge success. My guess is that the guys that can play right away will be on the offensive side of the ball. Lets see what he can pull in next year when hopefully we aren't 0-12. With a full year to recruit the state of Florida, I am hoping to see a big jump in recruiting next year. But all of that is contingent on what he can actually do on the field. Will we have to endure a couple of USF type seasons under Willie Taggert before we start to see the payoff? Or will he get the program back to winning right away?

Considering how many holes there were on the defensive side of the ball (especially DL and LB), that seems to be where Frost is targeting a lot of JUCOs...which generally means they have to and are expected to play right away.

I do think some WR/RB will get some early PT...especially since Frost wants an up-tempo offense so rotation per series might be frequent too.

With so many JUCO's in this class...I think at least 10 first year players (JUCO/Freshmen) will get PT this year.

When are all these recruits rolling in?
so K. Lucky never went public w his commit but I guess he's in

hope UCF can get 1 of these OT targets to commit.

Smith(USF commit) is out since he flipped to WVU today.

So that leaves Jordan Johnson or the former UGA commit Dowdell.

Last edited:
Does their mascot look like the "average person fighting for the Confederate army" to you?

OleMissRebels.jpg

Reactions: thelandman19
I can't wait until Thursday, then we can get back to real football.

Snelson is announcing Wednesday though. Maybe he told them already?

I wonder if the coaches ask the guys to let them privately in on it so they can pursue other options with limited numbers of scholarships if the decision is going to be unfavorable.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT