ADVERTISEMENT

Only Hawaii and Vermont are Good

If it wasn't for anti-maskers we would probably be allowed to travel internationally right now. Thanks.

kp-82105097_3305419432866547_750272989236297728_o.jpg

I love the narrative the massive protests that don’t follow social distancing didn’t spike anything but 100 people in a bar did. Either they both did or they both didn’t. Both broke social distancing rules and both were not wearing masks. Wake the F up sometimes and stop believing everything you’re fed. Holy hell you guys argue in circles

I love the narrative the massive protests that don’t follow social distancing didn’t spike anything but 100 people in a bar did. Either they both did or they both didn’t. Both broke social distancing rules and both were not wearing masks. Wake the F up sometimes and stop believing everything you’re fed. Holy hell you guys argue in circles
Contact tracing has led to bars as sources of outbreaks. Most experts agree outdoor activities are low risk and you need prolonged exposure to an infected person to be infected via aerosol. Also being intoxicated reduces inhibitions and can lead to failure to follow coronavirus prevention guidelines. Believe me if they were linking outbreaks to outdoor activities including protests you would hear about it from the President. The fact is they haven’t linked it to that. In early studies with over 300 known hotspots, only 1 was traced to an outdoor gathering. So while technically both bars and outdoor gatherings are capable of spreading the virus, one is much much higher risk.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Logically that makes sense but the results disagree.

Places where bars are closed and had protests = no spike

Places with bars open and protests = spike

Protests happened everywhere but cases only surged where restaurants and bars were open.

Logically that makes sense but the results disagree.

Places where bars are closed and had protests = no spike

Places with bars open and protests = spike

Protests happened everywhere but cases only surged where restaurants and bars were open.

The problem is you can’t contact trace a protest. They weren’t even allowed to ask if they had been to one. You can contact trace a bar, or a beach but not a protest because A) they couldn’t ask that and B) nobody would admit to It. So the data itself is to blame especially with places opening around the time of the protest clouding the data.

Its very naive to think that only certain gatherings foster the spread. All of them do and all the people who are too cool for masks do. They all are idiots just stay home if you can, if you can’t wear a mask you scummy sack of garbage. I’d like to do things again before 2026

Reactions: sk8knight
The problem is you can’t contact trace a protest. They weren’t even allowed to ask if they had been to one. You can contact trace a bar, or a beach but not a protest because A) they couldn’t ask that and B) nobody would admit to It. So the data itself is to blame especially with places opening around the time of the protest clouding the data.

Its very naive to think that only certain gatherings foster the spread. All of them do and all the people who are too cool for masks do. They all are idiots just stay home if you can, if you can’t wear a mask you scummy sack of garbage. I’d like to do things again before 2026
No its not you moron. They've said from the start indoor confined spaces are much more dangerous than outdoors. You cant drink a beer with a mask. You can hold a sign with a mask.

No its not you moron. They've said from the start indoor confined spaces are much more dangerous than outdoors. You cant drink a beer with a mask. You can hold a sign with a mask.

So every protesting angel wore a mask. Like those Angels in Tampa who were dancing without masks. Are you intentionally being naive and biased? Or is It a catch with your disability?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
So every protesting angel wore a mask. Like those Angels in Tampa who were dancing without masks. Are you intentionally being naive and biased? Or is It a catch with your disability?
You don’t think Baby Trump DeSantis would love to go that route but didn’t? It’s bc they are not being traced back to the protests yet. Bars in South Tampa were slammed right when they opened

You don’t think Baby Trump DeSantis would love to go that route but didn’t? It’s bc they are not being traced back to the protests yet. Bars in South Tampa were slammed right when they opened

So then why are beaches being closed? Outdoors. By the logic you use that outdoors is okay then leave the beaches alone right?

Reactions: Crazyhole
So then why are beaches being closed? Outdoors. By the logic you use that outdoors is okay then leave the beaches alone right?
the beach closures are only for the holiday weekend as far as I know ..bc they know the crowd will get out of hand unless it storms

the beach closures are only for the holiday weekend as far as I know ..bc they know the crowd will get out of hand unless it storms
This is why. Since restaurants and stuff remains open, they are closing the beaches in some areas to avoid massive crowds. If you want to just go chill at a beach there are many options around the state. The closures are in areas with lots of retail and restaurants traffic. Also there is no statewide closures. Just localized.

Its very naive to think that only certain gatherings foster the spread
. All of them do and all the people who are too cool for masks do. They all are idiots just stay home if you can, if you can’t wear a mask you scummy sack of garbage. I’d like to do things again before 2026
You are absolutely right in the bolded part and I couldn't agree more. The gaslighting that is occurring by saying that protests where people stood shoulder to shoulder for hours, not including planning and staging or after activities is astonishing. The willingness of people that otherwise dig into topics to just accept that this narrative because "there are no studies that show" is surprising. There are no studies that show that bears crap in the woods either, but it's obvious.

Reactions: DAiello18
You are absolutely right in the bolded part and I couldn't agree more. The gaslighting that is occurring by saying that protests where people stood shoulder to shoulder for hours, not including planning and staging or after activities is astonishing. The willingness of people that otherwise dig into topics to just accept that this narrative because "there are no studies that show" is surprising. There are no studies that show that bears crap in the woods either, but it's obvious.
What is the narrative? That outdoor spread is less likely than indoor? Particularly doing an activity where a mask can be worn (protest) vs one where it cannot (drinking in a bar). The only semi valid point is it’s going to be hard to contact trace a gathering that doesn’t have a particular location and easily identifiable group of people with whom there was an interaction. I’m pretty sure they can ask people if they have been in any outdoor gatherings. They can ask if they have been to the open theme parks right? I don’t see those closing at this point due to outbreaks.

by the way saying that the virus cannot spread outdoors is Inaccurate as well and I don’t think anyone is saying that. All people are saying is that it is a lower risk activity than sitting stationary in an indoor environment with an infected person. That much should be common sense. The fact is that outdoor gatherings (protest or any other) have not been traced to virus outbreaks. Yet. Not to say it couldn’t happen.

So the crowds were out of hand at protests of 200-300 people?
As far as I know they aren’t limiting gatherings. Just closing the beaches. It could have to do with things that can actually be implemented. Again, there is nothing stopping people from going to the many beaches that will be open this weekend. They just won’t have bars and restaurants to go to after.

As far as I know they aren’t limiting gatherings. Just closing the beaches. It could have to do with things that can actually be implemented. Again, there is nothing stopping people from going to the many beaches that will be open this weekend. They just won’t have bars and restaurants to go to after.

Im not disagreeing with you, I’m just saying Poolside and Chicken seem to think outside > Indoors and that holding a sign is safer than anything else. If that’s the case all outdoors should be a go and then stop indoor gatherings

Im not disagreeing with you, I’m just saying Poolside and Chicken seem to think outside > Indoors and that holding a sign is safer than anything else. If that’s the case all outdoors should be a go and then stop indoor gatherings
There is pressure on elected officials to take steps toward getting back to normal. With that in mind, outdoor > indoor. People aren’t staying at home forever. But going to a beach, park, or Universal is better than a restaurant or bar. The reality is that yeah any public interaction has some risk to it. But it is impractical to think we can ban everything. The logical thing is to start by allowing things that are low risk. Mainly through evidence that those activities haven’t been explicitly linked to a large spread. We tried with bars until the spread was specifically linked to bars.

I am not saying that the protests were risk free, that there hasn't been a major outbreak linked to them yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT