ADVERTISEMENT

Only Hawaii and Vermont are Good

Well the obvious answer is old people and those who are immunocompromised.

But we need more people to die, that way we can have a leadership change (SARCASM)

because our leaders if they were different wouldn’t have had a single fatality (ALSO SARCASM)

Reactions: Crazyhole
Florida only started surging 2 weeks ago and has done nothing to slow it down yet. Even with the newer surge, Pinellas County already has only 38 ICU beds available for 1,000,000 residents. Even if they went to 0% human contact today they would see 2 more weeks of case growth and a full hospital bed shortage. Its already going to happen but how deep in the hole will they be when they start to try to fix it?

For covid, 20% require hospitalization to get to that 1% death rate. We dont need a vaccine though.

Florida only started surging 2 weeks ago and has done nothing to slow it down yet. Even with the newer surge, Pinellas County already has only 38 ICU beds available for 1,000,000 residents. Even if they went to 0% human contact today they would see 2 more weeks of case growth and a full hospital bed shortage. Its already going to happen but how deep in the hole will they be when they start to try to fix it?

For covid, 20% require hospitalization to get to that 1% death rate. We dont need a vaccine though.

Pinellas is a shitshow though. I don’t if you live there but those numbers are misleading. A buddy of mine is a Pharmacist at Morton-Plant and St Anthony’s. Their ICUs aren’t filled with Covid patients. He said a lot of the people occupying those beds are unrelated. Also the ICUs are noticeably smaller in the area and plans for expansion have been delayed and delayed.

He said the hospitals are getting full, but the problem is if you say one symptom of Covid they give you a bed. If you have a fever for any reason you’re getting admitted. Same with “trouble breathing” which can be a symptom of many things.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ta...ls-completely-out-of-icu-beds/?outputType=amp

Hey look another comment on something you don't know anything about. Here, I'll help:

https://covid19.pinellascounty.org/dashboard/

That's the actual Pinellas dash and it clearly shows that the huge majority of people in a hospital or in an ICU are there for non-COVID reasons. Yes, the COVID related cases in the ICU has increased by about 10-12% but it's still holding at 30%'ish. Just look at the fact that 80% of ventilator supply in Pinellas is available and not in usage.

There are 753 "other" beds available that could be converted into COVID wards if required but they're clearly not there yet since the ICU itself in Pinellas is not overrun with COVID patients.

Hey look another comment on something you don't know anything about. Here, I'll help:

https://covid19.pinellascounty.org/dashboard/

That's the actual Pinellas dash and it clearly shows that the huge majority of people in a hospital or in an ICU are there for non-COVID reasons. Yes, the COVID related cases in the ICU has increased by about 10-12% but it's still holding at 30%'ish. Just look at the fact that 80% of ventilator supply in Pinellas is available and not in usage.

There are 753 "other" beds available that could be converted into COVID wards if required but they're clearly not there yet since the ICU itself in Pinellas is not overrun with COVID patients.

Said this above you. It was ignored

Does it mater? If they are naturally short on beds and Covid is using up 30% or whatever then thats still an unexpected burden. Don't you think since that is almost assuradly an issue that will continue to grow that yall might want to devise a solution now before youre turning away heart attack paitents?

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I've learned from the government that large crowds with protests are cool. Should be safe not to worry about it based on that logic.

Also, in the words of FC if It doesn’t impact you, who cares. I don’t live there, who cares.

Does it mater? If they are naturally short on beds and Covid is using up 30% or whatever then thats still an unexpected burden. Don't you think since that is almost assuradly an issue that will continue to grow that yall might want to devise a solution now before youre turning away heart attack paitents?

You do realize that not everyone in a hospital bed or in the ICU needs to be there, right? Hospitals can easily clear out people and stop elective procedures if they needed to free up bedspace again. Or direct non-COVID emergencies to other hospitals and establish larger ICUs for COVID patients.

Right now Pinellas, like everywhere else, has had a flood of people having elective procedures done that went on the back burner in March.

Reactions: DAiello18
Pfizer said they could have it produced and ready for administration as soon as it get approved because they are on the fast track program. Their RNA vaccine showed higher antibody counts than in recovered covid paitents. Only side effect was fever and they are moving to a larger study group. Its a partnership with BioNTech and it has a ton of money and government backing.

We could have results in October and vaccines by November or December from the interview I saw with their COO.

https://www.silive.com/coronavirus/...onavirus-spreads-faster-but-is-not-worse.html

This is why we'll never have a vaccine for this. It's already mutated several times and the current mutation has completely replaced the last one

Then we'll also never have herd immunity so its time to build more hospitals.

Eventually we will. Each time it mutates it gets weaker and eventually will just be another strain of the common cold. The current strain isn't even an upper respiratory virus. Its attacking the GI tract and the kidneys now through the bloodstream. One of the new symptoms is actually called "covid toe" because it infects your toes. Weird stuff.

Reactions: sk8knight
There will be a vaccine. A mutation doesn’t make a vaccine obsolete. There is also a theory that some people have some level of immunity due to exposure to other coronavirus strains.

There's never been a vaccine for any coronavirus. Why will this one be different.

Eventually we will. Each time it mutates it gets weaker and eventually will just be another strain of the common cold. The current strain isn't even an upper respiratory virus. Its attacking the GI tract and the kidneys now through the bloodstream. One of the new symptoms is actually called "covid toe" because it infects your toes. Weird stuff.
Its always created blood clots. Thats why i dont want to get it even if i don't die. Blood clots can kill you years later.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.he...onavirus/4-hour-erection-coronavirus?amp=true

This dude got a covid boner because of a dick blood clot.

I'm willing to bet that there will be an antibody treatment before there's a vaccine.

ADVERTISEMENT