ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Miami AD spreading lies about UCF prior to their blowout loss in Pinstripe Bowl

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
So glad that Miami AD Blake James has UCF on his mind while his own team completed their 15th straight season without a conf title and now an embarrassing blowout loss to a not so good Wisconsin team.

In the below interview (starts at 30 min mark), Miami's AD tries to spin that the Canes offered a home-home series with UCF...which is FALSE...as UCF tried to get a home-home deal but then the Canes got Florida Citrus Sports folks involved who wanted to move the UCF home game to the Citrus Bowl and of course DW shut that down.

Notice what the Miami AD says...who earlier talked about the challenge of getting "home-home" deals...he mentions games in "Orlando and Miami" (not home-home). Why is he afraid to mention the TRUTH? (Of course the Canes recently signed home-home deals with G5 teams like Cincinnati, Toledo, Arkansas St and Appalachian St).

https://omny.fm/shows/tiki-and-tierney/12-26-18-tiki-tierney-hour-1?t=29m48s

Also, he threw in this gem...again, unprovoked, and an obvious DIG against what Danny White is doing at UCF (without any P5 $$$ like Miami gets each year for just existing) in UCF's one-of-a-kind "Recovery Cove":

"When you look at our new indoor facility (only 80 yds long), its first class....we don't have waterfalls or slides...or anything I'm not sure is needed for a program to be successful."

Wonder what DW thinks about that comment?

It's just hilarious how UCF is "on the mind" of all of these P5 AD's...all while their own programs crumble right before their own eyes.

PS. Maybe Miami's AD view may have changed in regards to maybe needing some "waterfalls and slides" to finally find a QB to lead their program?

Canes AD Blake James is finally beginning to feel the heat over another bad Cane hire (he obviously hired Richt)....as he is finally feeling the pressure on HIS own job after that pathetic performance yesterday.

Glad he is focused sooooo much about UCF...his own program is deteriorating before his own eyes.

When I learned their IPF wasn't full sized I was surprised and a little disappointed. Glad we built ours when we did!

1) Why would any UCF fan be "disappointed" in a Miami failure?

2) Can you imagine what this clown AD would have said if UCF built an 80 yd indoor practice facility instead of the 120 yd indoor facility UCF built, which was the first collegiate indoor facility in this state?

Reactions: Knight Strength
Canes AD Blake James is finally beginning to feel the heat over another bad Cane hire (he obviously hired Richt)....as he is finally feeling the pressure on HIS own job after that pathetic performance yesterday.

Glad he is focused sooooo much about UCF...his own program is deteriorating before his own eyes.

Glad to hear he plans to keep Richt!

1) Why would any UCF fan be "disappointed" in a Miami failure?

2) Can you imagine what this clown AD would have said if UCF built an 80 yd indoor practice facility instead of the 120 yd indoor facility UCF built, which was the first collegiate indoor facility in this state?

Disappointed just because of the respect I have for a once great program. As a UCF fan I am very happy and proud of our IPF and hope it helps us get SoFL recruits.

Reactions: Mikesi
Technically not a lie because he said "Orlando", but UCF should counter offer with a home game at Spectrum and Miami's home game at FAU.

Reactions: knightraveler
Glad to hear he plans to keep Richt!

Disappointed just because of the respect I have for a once great program. As a UCF fan I am very happy and proud of our IPF and hope it helps us get SoFL recruits.

Richt likes coaching but doesn't have the fire that he had at FSU and Georgia, you need that to coach at a high level like that. He also hasn't built the infrastructure that a coach like Saban or Stoops have where they can call up any hot OC/DC in the country and get them to work for him.

It's all about the money, and UCF has to go the extra mile to make up the difference in money the P5 schools receive. I really wonder how sports hosts can be so ignorant at times. I was listening to one of many doing analysis on the Feista bowl, and comparing SEC to AAC. They like to use the Memphis Missouri game. When they don't mention that Memphis did not have their NFL running back in the game they lose all credibility. I really think they just look at the stats and final score of the game.:sunglasses:

Reactions: knightraveler
So glad that Miami AD Blake James has UCF on his mind while his own team completed their 15th straight season without a conf title and now an embarrassing blowout loss to a not so good Wisconsin team.

In the below interview (starts at 30 min mark), Miami's AD tries to spin that the Canes offered a home-home series with UCF...which is FALSE...as UCF tried to get a home-home deal but then the Canes got Florida Citrus Sports folks involved who wanted to move the UCF home game to the Citrus Bowl and of course DW shut that down.

Notice what the Miami AD says...who earlier talked about the challenge of getting "home-home" deals...he mentions games in "Orlando and Miami" (not home-home). Why is he afraid to mention the TRUTH? (Of course the Canes recently signed home-home deals with G5 teams like Cincinnati, Toledo, Arkansas St and Appalachian St).

https://omny.fm/shows/tiki-and-tierney/12-26-18-tiki-tierney-hour-1?t=29m48s

Also, he threw in this gem...again, unprovoked, and an obvious DIG against what Danny White is doing at UCF (without any P5 $$$ like Miami gets each year for just existing) in UCF's one-of-a-kind "Recovery Cove":

"When you look at our new indoor facility (only 80 yds long), its first class....we don't have waterfalls or slides...or anything I'm not sure is needed for a program to be successful."

Wonder what DW thinks about that comment?

It's just hilarious how UCF is "on the mind" of all of these P5 AD's...all while their own programs crumble right before their own eyes.

PS. Maybe Miami's AD view may have changed in regards to maybe needing some "waterfalls and slides" to finally find a QB to lead their program?

Miami doesn’t have waterfalls and slides cause they can’t afford them. Historically stingy program, even in the heyday. They’ve got location and nothing else when it comes to college football (not even good bag men anymore)

Reactions: PuziKnight12
Why would they need the Citrus bowl for Canes fans? If they are in a losing season, they have 92 percent less fans than in a winning season. They can come to Spectrum. If they are winning that year, they will have some fan support. If they are losing it won't matter because only 10 of their fans will show up. Most of their fans watch from prison anyway.

Mike Leach has been wanting that job forever. They are going to be a problem if he gets it.

Mike Leach has been wanting that job forever. They are going to be a problem if he gets it.

Past/current Miami AD's and Presidents were "afraid" of Mike Leach...as HE would instantly become the program and possibly, fall out of their control.

They are control freaks down there...hence why they have made "safe" choice after failed "safe" choice.

PS. Leach is now 57 yrs old...I could see him possibly coming to UCF some day...(as long as he has a private jet use once a month so he can go down to his Pirate Hideaway in the Keys).

Reactions: Mikesi
It's all about the money, and UCF has to go the extra mile to make up the difference in money the P5 schools receive. I really wonder how sports hosts can be so ignorant at times. I was listening to one of many doing analysis on the Feista bowl, and comparing SEC to AAC. They like to use the Memphis Missouri game. When they don't mention that Memphis did not have their NFL running back in the game they lose all credibility. I really think they just look at the stats and final score of the game.:sunglasses:

Almost zero national "analyst" (especially a former NFL RB who lives in NYC) have watched any AAC Football games this year outside of a few UCF games this season...so of course they go off "final score" in their 1.3 second deep dive analysis.

Same though could be said for any Duke Football game prior to yesterday as well.

It's not that the sports hosts are ignorant, it's that they think we (the consumers of college football) are. They think we will just believe and nod along with whatever they say without knowing the game or doing any research. The reason the media types are so bent on this UCF thing, is because for the first time their hypocrisy is getting challenged very publicly. And today we have so many viable outlets to counter their points with actual facts in a way that reaches millions of people.

Almost zero national "analyst" (especially a former NFL RB who lives in NYC) have watched any AAC Football games this year outside of a few UCF games this season...so of course they go off "final score" in their 1.3 second deep dive analysis.

Same though could be said for any Duke Football game prior to yesterday as well.
1.3 second analysis on LSU UCF.

LSU has more physicality, depth, and speed cuz they’re in the SEC.

Also where did the “high point” term go that all the genius analysts were using for like two months straight? Gabe Davis gonna high point with mad physicality on the 1st.

It's not that the sports hosts are ignorant, it's that they think we (the consumers of college football) are. They think we will just believe and nod along with whatever they say without knowing the game or doing any research. The reason the media types are so bent on this UCF thing, is because for the first time their hypocrisy is getting challenged very publicly. And today we have so many viable outlets to counter their points with actual facts in a way that reaches millions of people.

Exactly....as the elites in the P5 media along with the P5 school "elitists" do not control all of the messaging today like say the did for the first 130 plus years of College Football History.

UCF Fans (and some few brave souls in the media) are exposing their lies and calling them to the carpet.

Keep it up Knight Nation!!!

Reactions: knight_tracker

If you want some entertaining reading, read the responses in Blake's twitter post. The fan base has their torches out. And a couple funny UCF responses (example: "Can UCF and UM swap conferences now??")

Past/current Miami AD's and Presidents were "afraid" of Mike Leach...as HE would instantly become the program and possibly, fall out of their control.

They are control freaks down there...hence why they have made "safe" choice after failed "safe" choice.

PS. Leach is now 57 yrs old...I could see him possibly coming to UCF some day...(as long as he has a private jet use once a month so he can go down to his Pirate Hideaway in the Keys).

I just read this.

"UM president Julio Frenk isn’t interested enough in football to get involved, a high-ranking UM trustee said"

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article223156510.html#storylink=cpy

There are so many games and you can't possibly watch all of them, so you create narrative, "Miami and FSU are fast, LSU and Bama have the best D-lines, the B12 plays no defense, UCF is small school." They fit the stereotypes that the average fans has been taught for decades

LOL!! Check out some of the 1,000 comments from Cane Fans who fired RIGHT BACK at their clueless AD's "press release" last night...many which want him fired too.

Like Stephen A Smith. He doesn’t know football but pretends he does.

Reactions: PuziKnight12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT