ADVERTISEMENT

Our Golden Boy Bortles thinks that the Patriots are Baylor

Now he’s going to have to make believe the Patriots are Louisville

He played well. Question remains now if the Jaguars will resign him. Jacksonville has definitely feasted on high draft picks and free agency, but they definitely need one more WR and Alan Robinson back. That may have been the difference.

Bortles played fine. The play calling in the second half was too predictable and pats got off the field on defense getting away with some PI. The Jags have a 5th year option which they already picked up for next season.

Reactions: SurfaceWarrior
Great deal on Nike Bortles Jerseys, great selection @ $19.99

EDITED: looks way to suspicious!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikesi
Bortles was actually very accurate today under pressure and didn’t turn the ball over. Wonder if his career turns the corner as a passer form here on out.

Reactions: JAFFX2
Bortles was actually very accurate today under pressure and didn’t turn the ball over. Wonder if his career turns the corner as a passer form here on out.
He’s still only 25 right? Go back and look at the first three years many NFL starting qbs and he’s right on track. He’ll be fine, just hoping the Jags don’t get impatient and move on

If Bortles doesn't do anything to keep himself in shape and fine tuned and working to improve all times of the year, he will be done in a year or so.

It seems that in the past he was able to make the tough throws but obviously didn't protect the ball well. If he can be consistent like this under pressure hopefully he has matured enough to take his game to the next level. Hopefully this is the turning point of his career.

[thumb2]

If Bortles doesn't do anything to keep himself in shape and fine tuned and working to improve all times of the year, he will be done in a year or so.

Huh? He has a chance to earn $19 Million next year and you don't think he will "keep himself in shape"?

Blake has been working out year round for basically a decade...why in the world would he suddenly stopped now?

Reactions: Nyght Shadow
Wonder if Blake should have ran the ball more

I think definitely. That's such a weapon for him and yet he ended up with as many rushing yards as Brady - 0. Inexcusable to let New England get out of that game without having to defend Blake's mobility.

You are all correct. They did spy him BUT, he should have had more designed runs

Bortles crying at the end told me a lot about his dedication to Jacksonville and his team. It’s actually a sign of maturity. I believe he’s 100 % dedicated

Huh? He has a chance to earn $19 Million next year and you don't think he will "keep himself in shape"?

Blake has been working out year round for basically a decade...why in the world would he suddenly stopped now?
He's a beach bum. Someone i know has seen him at the local beach bar down the street from his house.

Working out year round? Parts of his game has depreciated since leaving UCF in 2013. His throwing delivery for one.

He's a beach bum. Someone i know has seen him at the local beach bar down the street from his house.

Working out year round? Parts of his game has depreciated since leaving UCF in 2013. His throwing delivery for one.
He’s got 19 million+ reasons to put in the work this offseason.

I've heard that rumors but my bet that is being exaggerated by Jacksonville fans and media. Players aren't going to stay in their house all day, especially the younger ones without families

Bortles played fine. The play calling in the second half was too predictable and pats got off the field on defense getting away with some PI. The Jags have a 5th year option which they already picked up for next season.

I agree they focused on running clock went very conservative and that cost them the game. They went with run, run pass. very predictable. I believe they could have won the game if they stayed aggressive. Very disappointed! :sunglasses:

He’s got 19 million+ reasons to put in the work this offseason.

I've heard that rumors but my bet that is being exaggerated by Jacksonville fans and media. Players aren't going to stay in their house all day, especially the younger ones without families

I heard it from a relative of mine who saw him at one of the bar's just off 1st Street in Jacksonville Beach...total beach bum look. Do i expect him to stay home all day? Of course not, but how about take extra time into reuniting with your game instead of getting caught up with an overrated part of the country.

Will a big $19 million contract motivate him? I hope so.

that said, lets be realistic. His QB rating wasn't all that amazing in the first place. He rode the backs of Leonard Fournette and the defense and an offense that seemed overly timid in the championship.

At the end of the day, Bortles did fine with me just by signing a contract and playing a couple of years. If he doesn't take the steps necessary like the Tom Brady's do i'm fine with that. Remember other great college QBs lost to Tom Brady and have a nice job being a SEC analyst - Tim Tebow comes to mind if you havent thought of him already. Aaron Murray is a commentator and hasnt reached age 30 yet.

I heard it from a relative of mine who saw him at one of the bar's just off 1st Street in Jacksonville Beach...total beach bum look. Do i expect him to stay home all day? Of course not, but how about take extra time into reuniting with your game instead of getting caught up with an overrated part of the country.

Will a big $19 million contract motivate him? I hope so.

that said, lets be realistic. His QB rating wasn't all that amazing in the first place. He rode the backs of Leonard Fournette and the defense and an offense that seemed overly timid in the championship.

At the end of the day, Bortles did fine with me just by signing a contract and playing a couple of years. If he doesn't take the steps necessary like the Tom Brady's do i'm fine with that. Remember other great college QBs lost to Tom Brady and have a nice job being a SEC analyst - Tim Tebow comes to mind if you havent thought of him already. Aaron Murray is a commentator and hasnt reached age 30 yet.

like Tom Brady? so your bar is for him to match the greatest QB in NFL history? by that standard no one has a chance

Tom Brady in his first playoff appearance at age 24 in 2001 had 1 td, 1 int and 572 yards with a 77.3 QB rating in 3 games as his team averaged 20 points per game. He benefited from a "tuck rule" to allow him a 4th quarter comeback in the opening game of that playoff.

In his second playoff appearance at age 26 in 2003 he had one of the best defense in the league (held opponents under 7 points 5 times in the regular season with 3 shutouts). He squeaked out the wins including a game where Peyton Manning turned it over 5 times and they won 24-14. 84.5 QB rating that year.

He has earned the GOAT reputation over the years, but at a similar age to Bortles was absolutely nothing special and lucked into a couple rings early.

Bortles at 25 has a higher career QB rating in the playoffs than the GOAT. Look it up.

He is a single 25 yr old successful Athlete that in addition to his "day" job, also likes to have some fun...just like thousands of other well to do athletes do.

Instead of handing out in dark exclusive private clubs while wearing 6 figured jewelry...Blake is more casual, rather hang out in flip flops, t-shirts and shorts while enjoying the beach environment (who wouldn't?).

Tom Brady in his first playoff appearance at age 24 in 2001 had 1 td, 1 int and 572 yards with a 77.3 QB rating in 3 games as his team averaged 20 points per game. He benefited from a "tuck rule" to allow him a 4th quarter comeback in the opening game of that playoff.

In his second playoff appearance at age 26 in 2003 he had one of the best defense in the league (held opponents under 7 points 5 times in the regular season with 3 shutouts). He squeaked out the wins including a game where Peyton Manning turned it over 5 times and they won 24-14. 84.5 QB rating that year.

He has earned the GOAT reputation over the years, but at a similar age to Bortles was absolutely nothing special and lucked into a couple rings early.

Bortles at 25 has a higher career QB rating in the playoffs than the GOAT. Look it up.

And if you were to argue that before Bortles success in the playoffs, you would have been laughed off the board.

Or did you?

He is a single 25 yr old successful Athlete that in addition to his "day" job, also likes to have some fun...just like thousands of other well to do athletes do.

This isn't run of the mill 90210 kid hanging out in Jacksonville Beach in flip flops.
Its Bortles bearded up, looking like crap doing his best to be incognito like NIck Anderson gains weight in Orlando to not be noticed.
I'm just saying how Bortles performance on the field and the stories i hear aren't just coincidence.

And if you were to argue that before Bortles success in the playoffs, you would have been laughed off the board.

Or did you?
There is no argument. Saying Brady was nothing special his first couple playoff appearances (or regular seasons through age 26) is not controversial. I didn't expect Bortles would have a higher career QB rating than Brady in the playoffs after 3 games. I was merely citing a BlakeBortlesFact.

There is no argument. Saying Brady was nothing special his first couple playoff appearances (or regular seasons through age 26) is not controversial. I didn't expect Bortles would have a higher career QB rating than Brady in the playoffs after 3 games. I was merely citing a BlakeBortlesFact.
No you're implying the argument that Bortles is on a steady incline up by making those comparisons. You would be the only one to believe that as everyone in Jacksonville was fed up with him and ready to move on.

No you're implying the argument that Bortles is on a steady incline up by making those comparisons. You would be the only one to believe that as everyone in Jacksonville was fed up with him and ready to move on.
I wasn't implying a steady incline. He went from 28th in Total QBR in 2016 and 3 wins to 12th in Total QBR in 2017, a top 5 offense and leading team to within 4 points of the superbowl against the GOAT. Nothing steady about it.

Reactions: Nyght Shadow
I wasn't implying a steady incline. He went from 28th in Total QBR in 2016 and 3 wins to 12th in Total QBR in 2017, a top 5 offense and leading team to within 4 points of the superbowl against the GOAT. Nothing steady about it.
Then you would be agreeing with me in that this could be viewed as one time run...just like Tebow had when he was with Denver.
But i know none of you think that. Youre throwing around 19 million and he has a future ahead of him.

Then you would be agreeing with me in that this could be viewed as one time run...just like Tebow had when he was with Denver.
But i know none of you think that. Youre throwing around 19 million and he has a future ahead of him.
Tebow won 1 playoff game. I don’t know about a run. He also didn’t post completion % above 50% in any game and had a sub 48% completion percentage with only 17 tds and under 70 passing yards per game in 35 career games. I don’t understand the comparison.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT