ADVERTISEMENT

Payton suspended for UCONN, 2 UCONN Players suspended

This is the type of thread that is most despicable. It starts being only about Payton, but suddenly Snelson gets lumped in. Then 20 posts pile on. The guy finally served his sentence and the coaching staff handled it. He's back in the receiving mix and has a breakout game. So what do we folks in the peanut gallery do. Try to POISON THE WELL. Scotts staff and Snelson will needlessly hear about this counterproductive thread. You guys should be ashamed.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
well my rant wasn't as bad as the others[laughing] I never wanted him to transfer

My main issue is that Snelson's first public complaint was after a blowout win at ECU which I think was a really bad look.

Hopefully the environment of competition will fuel Payton to make the most of his opportunities if he's back vs Houston.

Scott's staff and Snelson couldn't care less about this thread. And if they do, they aren't up to their jobs.
Yeah, this ain't bean bags! If they and their families can't stand up to social media, who need's em. That's why we waste time posting things we'd never dare say to their faces: on the hope it does get back to them, they melt down, and we have claim to power.

Look.., in his second year (not first), this is likely what we know about Payton.

1) He's most likely not going to be a stud. We've seen a lot of great WRs over the years at different stages in their development. It's not 100%, but it's not looking good. He's not that big, fast, or aggressive, and he doesn't have the greatest hands.

2). He had a Twitter issue in his first year and a sideline issue in his second.

IMO he can transfer if that's what he keeps threatening to do. We have WRs at UCF and will always recruit well in that area. The state of Florida has WRs.

Snelson is a diiferent story.

1) He appears more talented.
2) He's only a true freshman
3) He made 1 tweet and it wasn't terrible from what we know.
4) He seemed to have cleaned up his act and walked the walk.

He's basically forgiven by all at this time.

It depends on what happens from here out for me. Frost's one game suspension is probably his final chance wake up call. Coming into the season Payton was a big part of the first game plan. He caught a TD. He threw a pass. He was the kick returner. When the offense sputtered at Michigan Frost mentioned there were some guys (without calling out exactly who) getting down on each other on the sidelines. Then he lost his gig to Killins on KR. Then again a sideline disruption against Temple and this one we know was Tristan. If Payton finishes the season well with no issues and has a couple games like the one Snelson just had he will have earned his way back. Tre'quan, Akins, Oldham, Franks, Cam Stewart and now Snelson have to eat too. Only way to see the field is to practice hard and make an impact when you get a shot and do all the other things like blocking and being a good teammate.

Remember this cool story about Tristan before the season? I don't think he's a bad guy. I'd like to see him turn it around.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...lleged-peeping-tom-campus-cheerleaders-072116

Reactions: UCFProf
Snelson is a different story.
1) He appears more talented.
2) He's only a true freshman
3) He made 1 tweet and it wasn't terrible from what we know.
4) He seemed to have cleaned up his act and walked the walk.
He's basically forgiven by all at this time.
Thanks for telling it like it is. Also, I've been surprised (and Frost may have been, too) how well the bigger returning receivers have performed in getting open, holding on, downfield blocking, and yards after the catch. Saturday was the first game UCF's offense definitely need them all, and they came through.

I have no idea what the message means, but based on past tweets by MSW about the program and Kevin Smith, it very well could be a negative.
Time will tell if MWS is a cancer or not.

Listening to you guys complain about how 20 year olds act makes me laugh. You have all forgotten all of the idiotic things you did at 20.

I have no idea what the message means, but based on past tweets by MSW about the program and Kevin Smith, it very well could be a negative.
Time will tell if MWS is a cancer or not.[/QUOTE
rumor is that Payton is transferring out of the Program. Coincidence that he talked to MSW who went on a rant about UCF a month ago led him to that decision?

rumor is that Payton is transferring out of the Program. Coincidence that he talked to MSW who went on a rant about UCF a month ago led him to that decision?
That's OK. I rather him leave and we keep Snelson who will welcome and flourish with the increased PT. He's a much more talented receiver with a higher ceiling.
We will get new recruits in and won't have to deal with Payton's BS every year anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT