ADVERTISEMENT

Pnumonia deaths in Florida are through the roof, seems like we know why covid deaths are so low.

fried-chicken

Diamond Knight
Jan 27, 2011
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Florida has reported 5,248 pnumonia deaths this year so far. If that number seems incredibly large it's because it is.

In the past 10 years they've never surpassed 3100 for an entire year and it's only May.

Using historical data Florida would normally have about 1,100 at this point in the year. But somehow they have 5,248.

I wonder what could be going on here. Hmmmm.

This is a good example of why the daily totals should be taken with a grain of salt. States do coding differently and it takes time to get a firm grasp on the numbers.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Its a Pneumonia pandemic in Florida! Covid 19 is under control but we got 500% increase in deaths related to breathing diseases that are undiagnosed.
Ha! I think I what you did there, FC!

I assumed this was another KNIGHTTIME or Ucfmikes gem but THEN noticed it was from you. I didn't see no rolling eyes or (*) at the end but I'm thinkin' now this was one of those sarcasm kind of deals.

This is a good example of why the daily totals should be taken with a grain of salt. States do coding differently and it takes time to get a firm grasp on the numbers.
Fundimantaly we pay the taxes into the departments of health. We pay for the information that they are providing. They are providing an inaccurate picture of the situation to convince people there is less risk than there is.

They should provide all the data and let people decide what they are comfortable with, not use someone's tax money to deceive them into a false state of security with data manipulation.

The truth is that the human body is the same everywhere in America. It shouldn't have taken a PHD to understand that something isnt right in these states that have 50k -60k cases and are reporting lower death numbers than states that have 28k cases.

The biggest offenders of this with astonishingly low death numbers compared to their cases are Texas Florida and California.

And wouldnt you know it, all of those states have huge "pneumonia" death increases that would put them right on par with other states in America.

The truth is that the human body is the same everywhere in America. It shouldn't have taken a PHD to understand that something isnt right in these states that have 50k -60k cases and are reporting lower death numbers than states that have 28k cases.

The biggest offenders of this with astonishingly low death numbers compared to their cases are Texas Florida and California.

And wouldnt you know it, all of those states have huge "pneumonia" death increases that would put them right on par with other states in America.

Astonishingly low relative to what? New York? New Jersey? Connecticut? The rest of the world?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall any stories of people complaining that the death of a family member was not labeled Covid, but i do recall several accounts of people being upset that deaths WERE being labeled covid when they knew it wasn't, including alcohol poisoning, car accidents, and a woman that was in the final stage of alzheimers. Where's the disconnect?

Astonishingly low relative to what? New York? New Jersey? Connecticut? The rest of the world?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall any stories of people complaining that the death of a family member was not labeled Covid, but i do recall several accounts of people being upset that deaths WERE being labeled covid when they knew it wasn't, including alcohol poisoning, car accidents, and a woman that was in the final stage of alzheimers. Where's the disconnect?
Most states have a uniform distribution of cases to deaths. The outliers are Florida Texas and California. You simply cannot have double the cases and fewer deaths with a sample so large. Those three states are the ones with the unexplained pneumonia spike.

Most states have a uniform distribution of cases to deaths. The outliers are Florida Texas and California. You simply cannot have double the cases and fewer deaths with a sample so large. Those three states are the ones with the unexplained pneumonia spike.
No, they definitely do not. Good troll though. 9/10.

Reactions: UCFWayne

There have been reports of Florida not being honest with their numbers on more than 1 occasion. Now with this, it is more than obvious they arent being honest with their numbers. If this was China we would be calling them out on their BS, but because it is a Republican run state you guys will run around in circles trying to defend it.

Facts are librul and they offend me.

Just get a bot to autocorrect every inbred chud post to the above and save everyone some time.

There have been reports of Florida not being honest with their numbers on more than 1 occasion. Now with this, it is more than obvious they arent being honest with their numbers. If this was China we would be calling them out on their BS, but because it is a Republican run state you guys will run around in circles trying to defend it.
Defend it? Im sorry but I've been pretty clear about my opinion that the numbers across the board are not accurate. I trust the numbers coming out of my own state because I can't see any financial gain to be made either way. Thats my baseline. Anything outside of 10 times our numbers raise my eyebrows a little bit.

Defend it? Im sorry but I've been pretty clear about my opinion that the numbers across the board are not accurate. I trust the numbers coming out of my own state because I can't see any financial gain to be made either way. Thats my baseline. Anything outside of 10 times our numbers raise my eyebrows a little bit.

By basically saying it is a coding issue you are defending it. It is obvious what is going on, there have already been stories about what Florida is doing. Then you have DeSantis and his blame the media presser the other day talking about what a fantastic job Florida had done. IT is obvious Florida isnt being truthful with their numbers, and it isnt just a coding issue, it is a lying issue.

By basically saying it is a coding issue you are defending it. It is obvious what is going on, there have already been stories about what Florida is doing. Then you have DeSantis and his blame the media presser the other day talking about what a fantastic job Florida had done. IT is obvious Florida isnt being truthful with their numbers, and it isnt just a coding issue, it is a lying issue.
You read that and assumed what you wanted to. I dont know whats going on in Florida and have no interest in defending it. If they are lying it will come out and DeSantis should be held accountable. Same with New York, Pennsylvania, California, and Colorado where they have been caught miscoding deaths.

LOL

The guy who cheers every death for partisan reasons is now disappointed at the Lack of COVID deaths in Florida and is now suggesting a grand conspiracy

Every time FC looks dumb here he pivots to something even dumber to the applause of the other idiots here

You read that and assumed what you wanted to. I dont know whats going on in Florida and have no interest in defending it. If they are lying it will come out and DeSantis should be held accountable. Same with New York, Pennsylvania, California, and Colorado where they have been caught miscoding deaths.

It has already come out, and this just provides further evidence of it. And no he wont be held accountable, he is already being looked at as a hero in Republican circles, that is the world we live in now.

It has already come out, and this just provides further evidence of it. And no he wont be held accountable, he is already being looked at as a hero in Republican circles, that is the world we live in now.
Same can be said of Cuomo on the Democrat side. Politics is politics.

Same can be said of Cuomo on the Democrat side. Politics is politics.

Cuomo isnt downplaying the issue. He obviously isnt perfect but DeSantis is lying about the numbers and putting not only residents, but tourists at risk (who then will carry it back to their home state).

Our hospitals are empty outside of Dade County. Empty. If you morons want to push a conspiracy that THOUSANDS of COVID deaths are going unreported then where were these people? Did they all just decide to skip the ER and ICU?

I guess Florida has that super rare COVID patient that can’t breathe but doesn’t go to the hospital all in an effort to advance the DeSantis conspiracy to alter death counts.

Everyone is in on it!

Reactions: Finance2000Knight
Our hospitals are empty outside of Dade County. Empty. If you morons want to push a conspiracy that THOUSANDS of COVID deaths are going unreported then where were these people? Did they all just decide to skip the ER and ICU?

I guess Florida has that super rare COVID patient that can’t breathe but doesn’t go to the hospital all in an effort to advance the DeSantis conspiracy to alter death counts.

Everyone is in on it!

So none of the people who are listed as dying from pneumonia have gone to the hospitals?

So none of the people who are listed as dying from pneumonia have gone to the hospitals?

Do you know what happens when someone in FL goes to the ER with COVID symptoms? They get tested for COVID. I know since my sister in law did exactly that.

For you conspiracy nuts, you’re basically saying that these thousands of other patients never visited the hospital with COVID like symptoms and died of COVID anyways, and was “covered up” by the State

Do you see how insane that sounds?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Florida has reported 5,248 pnumonia deaths this year so far. If that number seems incredibly large it's because it is.

In the past 10 years they've never surpassed 3100 for an entire year and it's only May.

Using historical data Florida would normally have about 1,100 at this point in the year. But somehow they have 5,248.

I wonder what could be going on here. Hmmmm.
Desantis put a hard cap at 60 deaths a day to facilitate the reopening since they can’t process the unemployment claims. Most days (like 80%) Florida just marks between 45-50 deaths and calls it good. Meanwhile they are many more “pneumonia“ deaths. Sort of like in Russia.

Do you know what happens when someone in FL goes to the ER with COVID symptoms? They get tested for COVID. I know since my sister in law did exactly that.

For you conspiracy nuts, you’re basically saying that these thousands of other patients never visited the hospital with COVID like symptoms and died of COVID anyways, and was “covered up” by the State

We arent talking about the hospitals numbnuts we are talking about how your government's reporting. But what would be your explanation for the surgence in pneumonia deaths? Is there another mystery illness in Florida we dont know about? Is it something that coincidentally is happening at the same time as a pandemic, but not related to the pandemic? Surely since we are all just conspiracy nuts you have some idea of what is causing the rise of pneumonia deaths.

I knew something was fishy once the person in charge of the reporting was fired and then Florida reported something like 43 deaths every day for 3 weeks.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I knew something was fishy once the person in charge of the reporting was fired and then Florida reported something like 43 deaths every day for 3 weeks.

Yeps, it's just obvious. When you have stories about their numbers being downplayed, you have people actually being being fired over it, and now you see that pneumonia deaths are on pace to be about 4 times of what they typically are, then anyone with a functioning brain cell can put two and two together.

You mean the girl who cyber stalked people and had a wrap sheet? She was the single threshold between truth and conspiracy in Florida?

[roll]

Yeps, it's just obvious. When you have stories about their numbers being downplayed, you have people actually being being fired over it, and now you see that pneumonia deaths are on pace to be about 4 times of what they typically are, then anyone with a functioning brain cell can put two and two together.

And yet you can’t explain as a super smart person why our hospitals were never overrun.

Your theory is that this grand conspiracy exists in FL where thousands more people died of COVID than reported. And yet our ICUs were never overrun in most counties and there remains tons and tons of ICU capacity. Reported or not, if thousands more people were on their deathbed from COVID than they would have been in the ICU and tested. Unless you’re going to tell me that every single ICU staff is “in on it” too?

Did these thousands of COVID patients just sit at home to aid the evil mastermind DeSantis in his plot to dupe everyone?

Do you see how stupid this sounds?

And yet you can’t explain as a super smart person why our hospitals were never overrun.

Your theory is that this grand conspiracy exists in FL where thousands more people died of COVID than reported. And yet our ICUs were never overrun in most counties and there remains tons and tons of ICU capacity. Reported or not, if thousands more people were on their deathbed from COVID than they would have been in the ICU and tested. Unless you’re going to tell me that every single ICU staff is “in on it” too?

Did these thousands of COVID patients just sit at home to aid the evil mastermind DeSantis in his plot to dupe everyone?

Do you see how stupid this sounds?

Your hospitals not being over run and downplaying the covid deaths can both be true. You think you are making a great point there, but you arent.

Again, we arent talking about the hospitals, we are talking about the government numbers.

But you avoided my question. Do you have any idea why pneumonia deaths are up so much? If we are all nut job conspiracy theorists it seems like you could point to the reason for that pretty easily.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy

Yes the conspiracy nuts are the ones who see record high pneumonia deaths and think it could be related to the ongoing pandemic. Not the people who think that we are massively over reporting Covid19 deaths because of people dying of gunshot wounds.

I smell the disappointment if the air over Florida's low death count and New York incompetent governor having issues sending covid patients to nursing homes.

New York failed and Florida knew the right way to handle nursing homes. Desantis gets props while Covid Cuomo needs a governor training program.

SO what is the reason for the rise in pneumonia deaths?

What is the reason for record low flu deaths? Maybe because people suffering from pneumonia didn't go to the hospital. For there to be this mass conspiracy there would hospitals and doctors and everyone else in on the scam. The same people that lose money not claiming a covid death.

Flu season is over. But according to this https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/05/05/flu-update, it wasn't a light flu season, and was one of the worst flu seasons in a decade for children. So I dont know where you are getting your information there were record low flu deaths

So I will ask again, why the surgence in pneumonia deaths? Pneumonia doesnt just happen, it is caused by something, so what is causing it?

It doesnt take a mass conspiracy for the government to fudge their #s.

A lot of things can be true all at once people. Both "teams" can be playing games.

Is there a reasonable explanation for pneumonia cases being so high? It does raise an eyebrow. Save all the other shit for a different thread.

Yes the conspiracy nuts are the ones who see record high pneumonia deaths and think it could be related to the ongoing pandemic. Not the people who think that we are massively over reporting Covid19 deaths because of people dying of gunshot wounds.

I think you’ve been cheerleading high death tolls for about 3 months, you don’t like the FL numbers, and you’re now seeing conspiracy when you used to mock those who claimed similar stuff in other states.

Florida has a 2.2% daily positive rate but we have thousands of COVID deaths being covered up and not reported who just happened to not visit the ER when en route to death.

Ok.

I think you’ve been cheerleading high death tolls for about 3 months, you don’t like the FL numbers, and you’re now seeing conspiracy when you used to mock those who claimed similar stuff in other states.

Florida has a 2.2% daily positive rate but we have thousands of COVID deaths being covered up and not reported who just happened to not visit the ER when en route to death.

Ok.

Again, what the government reports and what the hospitals report dont have to be the same thing. You are acting as if it would take an act of god for the goverment to move some numbers around.

A lot of things can be true all at once people. Both "teams" can be playing games.

Is there a reasonable explanation for pneumonia cases being so high? It does raise an eyebrow. Save all the other shit for a different thread.

This is all I am asking for. If there is another explanation I am all for hearing it, but obviously something is going on if pneumonia deaths are at 4 times the normal pace.

There are other deaths at record lows. And? Plus you have people not being healthy and staying inside without exercising. Huge problem with the stay inside "solution". Maybe touching the masks like fauci said for people will create more of an issue.

SO you think 4 times the pneumonia death rate in Florida is because of people staying inside?

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT