ADVERTISEMENT

Potential Transfers

Shark59

Four-Star Recruit
Jan 21, 2016
Venice, Fl
There are several more quarterbacks that have now entered the transfer portal. Would any of these new entrants be a better fit for our offense than Wimbush? Just wondering.... [thumb2] or :thumbsdown:???

Reactions: Knight Strength
I think we're going to sleep in the bed we made. We have good depth and competition at QB. I'm sure we will focus more on the lines from now until the fall.

Fun topic though. Who are the new QBs in the portal?

I agree but I was just wondering for the sake of wondering. Did we jump the gun or did we find the one that’s best for us?

Would be extremely challenging for any transfer QB that didn't enroll in time for spring ball to learn the system and compete..........also, how many currently in the portal are eligible to play this year?

DG isn’t taking us undefeated as true freshman. Don’t burn his redshirt! He’s the future not now.

We need to ride Mac and Wimbush and see where the chips fall. Everything is going to hinge on the OL this year anyway. If those guys can’t protect and open holes it doesn’t matter who’s at QB so why in the world would you piss off MAC to make him transfer out this year.

The only reason DG should play this year is if all the QB’s can’t consistently hit their targets, throw too many interceptions that cost of games or due to injuries. Otherwise he needs to ride the pine and he’ll get his chance next season to take the job from Mac.

Mac and Wimbush are so big and athletic. It’s like having another running back in the backfield. I’m actually excited to see what the staff puts in place for the offense this year!

Reactions: B R Knightz2
I think Mack is more than capable of getting us a conference championship. Wimbush is a question mark but ultimately this season's success will depend on how both lines show up.

Good lines hide a lot of sins.

Reactions: Ucfmikes

Exactly.

Heupel will play whoever can help UCF win games NOW. He won't be concerned with 2023 season which could be Gabriel's Redshirt Senior Season.

Also, Gabriel can play in 4 games this season AND still keep his redshirt year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ucfmikes
Gabriel broke Tua’s records who broke Milton’s record in Hawaii. Turned down an offer from Georgia among others. But we should let Fumblemack and the guy that lost his job transfer Wimbush have the inside track? Because?

Kid is legit cool calm collected leader on field in person if you saw it. He has IT. Don’t delay.

Gabriel broke Tua’s records who broke Milton’s record in Hawaii. Turned down an offer from Georgia among others. But we should let Fumblemack and the guy that lost his job transfer Wimbush have the inside track? Because?

Kid is legit cool calm collected leader on field in person if you saw it. He has IT. Don’t delay.
He will play soon enough. Even Tua didn’t start from Game 1. Mack could still be a stud. His size and speed are a huge upside.

Will he be better than Gabriel? Seems unlikely. We just don’t know. Let’s not just throw him away without knowing. What if he’s a Daunte??

Doubt Wimbush is going to be anything out of this world all of a sudden and he’s a senior.

Heupel will play the best guy, however, I fully expect Mack or Gabriel to transfer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT