ADVERTISEMENT

Proof the Biggest Witch Hunt in the History of U.S. Politics

Jedi.Knight

Bronze Knight
Apr 21, 2008
So Joe Biden sits down for a Council on Foreign Relations presser and openly boasted about withholding a $1 billion loan package from the Ukraine unless they fired one of their high-ranking prosecutors. This is the exact same thing they're alleging — without proof — that President Trump did. Just like "Russian collusion," they know that this is just another nothing-burger and are only doing it to try and weaken him politically going into the 2020 elections. Thing is, it's only going to strengthen his position with those who can see beyond the media bias.

Video's only 1:15 and is very eye-opening.

So your 'proof' that the latest Trump scandal is 'the Greatest Witch Hunt in U.S. Politics' is...what?

Let me guess. Was it...
  • A memo transcript that DOESN'T show Trump asking the Ukrainian President for a favor to pursue an investigation of his political rival?
  • Evidence that proves Trump DIDN'T ASK for a political favor from the PM of Australia?
  • Travel logs that prove AG Barr DIDN'T GO to Italy to follow-up on Trump's crackpot conspiracy theory?
  • Evidence that our Secretary of State DIDN'T LIE about sitting in on Trump's Ukrainian call?
  • Documentation that shows that a word-for-word transcript WASN'T made or that, if it was, it WASN'T spirited away to a top secret file shortly after the call?
None of those? Ooooh, it's that lame, discredited "well, whadda 'bout?" involving Veep Biden!!! Well, obviously that shows what a total 'witch hunt' this is, right? :)

Reactions: firm_bizzle
YES. Unless they fire the corrupt prosecutor that the EU and IMF also wanted fired. Definitely deep state stuff. I'm probably in on it too. Not sure.

Reactions: DaShuckster
So your 'proof' that the latest Trump scandal is 'the Greatest Witch Hunt in U.S. Politics' is...what?

Let me guess. Was it...
  • A memo transcript that DOESN'T show Trump asking the Ukrainian President for a favor to pursue an investigation of his political rival?
  • Evidence that proves Trump DIDN'T ASK for a political favor from the PM of Australia?
  • Travel logs that prove AG Barr DIDN'T GO to Italy to follow-up on Trump's crackpot conspiracy theory?
  • Evidence that our Secretary of State DIDN'T LIE about sitting in on Trump's Ukrainian call?
  • Documentation that shows that a word-for-word transcript WASN'T made or that, if it was, it WASN'T spirited away to a top secret file shortly after the call?
None of those? Ooooh, it's that lame, discredited "well, whadda 'bout?" involving Veep Biden!!! Well, obviously that shows what a total 'witch hunt' this is, right? :)

That state isn't as deep.

Let me guess. Was it...

As opposed to an anonymous source with political bias claiming to have 3rd hand knowledge?

Reactions: UCFWayne
As opposed to an anonymous source with political bias claiming to have 3rd hand knowledge?

All documented and confirmed to be true. If I tell the cops that I heard from my friend's brothers cousin that you robbed a bank and there is video of you robbing the bank, doesn't mean that you didn't rob the bank because it came from a 3rd hand source.

Reactions: OregonKnight
This 2nd/3rd hand knowledge defense that Trump and his hucksters have been promoting is false. It has now been reported and confirmed that the whistleblower had direct knowledge as well as collaborating reports obtained by associates.

And if the whistleblower was blowing the whistle on, you know, an actual CRIME, does it really matter if he or she was motivated by...gasp!... 'political bias' instead of a patriotic love of country and/or a sense of what is morally right and wrong?

Let me guess. Was it...
his·tri·on·ic (/ˌhistrēˈänik/)
adjective
overly theatrical or melodramatic in character or style.
noun
exaggerated dramatic behavior designed to attract attention.

Seek help, please.

Reactions: UCFWayne
his·tri·on·ic (/ˌhistrēˈänik/)
adjective
overly theatrical or melodramatic in character or style.
noun
exaggerated dramatic behavior designed to attract attention.

Seek help, please.
Says the guy who STARTED this very thread entitled, "Proof the Biggest Witch Hunt in U.S. Politics.'

This place is too funny for words. :)

All documented and confirmed to be true. If I tell the cops that I heard from my friend's brothers cousin that you robbed a bank and there is video of you robbing the bank, doesn't mean that you didn't rob the bank because it came from a 3rd hand source.
If your analogy were accurate, though, the video would have had you enter and leave the bank with money but without showing you robbing the bank and the bank staff would say they weren’t robbed. Wouldn’t matter though because some guy who was sitting outside the bank the whole time would tell the reporters who showed up that you robbed the bank.

And if the whistleblower was blowing the whistle on, you know, an actual CRIME, does it really matter if he or she was motivated by...gasp!... 'political bias' instead of a patriotic love of country and/or a sense of what is morally right and wrong?

You mean the actual crime of withholding funds unless "I get my way"? (which, really isn't a crime; just an ethics violation at most). You mean the same thing that Biden bragged about doing amidst crickets from the media and the DNC?

You mean the actual crime of withholding funds unless "I get my way"? (which, really isn't a crime; just an ethics violation at most).
Uh, Jedi? I suggest you reread the Constitution. Particularly Article 2 Section 4.

I'm no Constitutional lawyer but I'm pretty darn sure that having a President extort a foreign country in an effort to get political dirt on a domestic rival is covered there.

So, not saying he did, because he didnt and 30 seconds of googling would explain the situation, but IF Joe Biden broke the law and then Trump broke the law isn't that 2 witches? In what reality does having more criminals committing crimes absolve a criminal of guilt?

Not only is your argument factually incorrect, it doesn't even make sense as proof of innocence if it were true. You're quite literally a moron and you don't even understand the basics of what is alleged.

Uh, Jedi? I suggest you reread the Constitution. Particularly Article 2 Section 4.

I'm no Constitutional lawyer but I'm pretty darn sure that having a President extort a foreign country in an effort to get political dirt on a domestic rival is covered there.
Given your assumption, the same to be true for Joe Biden as well. Which takes us back to the original point. The fact that the media, Congress and others refuse to acknowledge that Joe Biden did the same thing as Vice President reveals a system that is both rigged and biased. Why no calls to impeach Joe Biden as well??? After all, Trump "may" have done something ... "Biden "definitely did do" something — then bragged about it.

So, not saying he did, because he didnt and 30 seconds of googling would explain the situation, but IF Joe Biden broke the law and then Trump broke the law isn't that 2 witches? In what reality does having more criminals committing crimes absolve a criminal of guilt?

Not when only one of them is being threatened with impeachment.

Given your assumption, the same to be true for Joe Biden as well. Which takes us back to the original point. The fact that the media, Congress and others refuse to acknowledge that Joe Biden did the same thing as Vice President reveals a system that is both rigged and biased. Why no calls to impeach Joe Biden as well??? After all, Trump "may" have done something ... "Biden "definitely did do" something — then bragged about it.

This simply isn't true. Biden (and the rest of the Western world) wanted the prosecutor fired because he was NOT pursuing corruption. Trump was wanting information to use against a political opponent. These are not the same things, no matter how hard some of you try and pretend they are.

Biden isn't in office, he cant be impeached. If he broke the law, take him to court.
Why would the person who runs the justice department use American agencies to investigate if they believe a crime has taken place? The best bet is to ask Ukraine to do it... because, well, they know a crime hasn't taken place but they want the political win.

Reactions: Cubs79
This simply isn't true. Biden (and the rest of the Western world) wanted the prosecutor fired because he was NOT pursuing corruption. Trump was wanting information to use against a political opponent. These are not the same things, no matter how hard some of you try and pretend they are.
Threatening to withhold a loan package doesn't discriminate is an equal charge ... really doesn't matter WHY. That's like 2 men robbing a bank. One does it to feed his family, the other does it because he wants to buy a yacht. Same crime, the "why" factor is irrelevant.

Threatening to withhold a loan package doesn't discriminate is an equal charge ... really doesn't matter WHY. That's like 2 men robbing a bank. One does it to feed his family, the other does it because he wants to buy a yacht. Same crime, the "why" factor is irrelevant.

Of course it matters why. Asking foreign governments to assist in a campaign (which can be argued here) is illegal. Withholding money to a country unless they make concessions to remove a corrupt attorney, is not. The "why" is the entire point.

Deep down you know you're not a smart man.

This has been covered here ad-nauseum but I will give it one more try.

The issue is not the 'threatening to withhold something of value', it's whether a President (or a Veep) is doing it for personal reasons rather than for the good of the country.

I have yet to hear anyone give us a decent explanation why Biden's actions were somehow personally motivated. His son wasn't being investigated. And if it was about the company Hunter Biden worked for because the company's shady CEO had been protected by the crooked Ukranian prosecutor before, wouldn't it have made more sense for ol' Joe to have been protecting that crook rather than calling for his ouster?

Did you read the transcripts of the call? Did you read the actual complaint from the CIA operative, they do to match up too well.

Did you read the transcripts of the call?
Yep. I particularly noted the part where the Ukrainian President said they were about ready to buy more missiles from the U.S. and Trump responded, "I'd like to ask a favor of you though."

Did you read the actual complaint from the CIA operative, they do to match up too well.
Please note that one was a White House 'memo' that sort of gave a sense of the conversation. To see how they 'match up,' we'll need to have the White House release that actual, word-for-word transcript that was, for some strange reason, placed in a 'top secret' electronic file.

I suspect it will take the SCOTUS to get the WH to release it. I can't imagine why they would put up a fight to protect it when they've already shared the 'memo transcript,' can you guys?

Last edited:
Reactions: firm_bizzle
I cannot even read the WaPo today. Man, the bias is thick. Even the titles confuse me the second I start reading the article.

I cannot even read the WaPo today…

Even the titles confuse me the second I start reading the article.
There's a reason for it.

Through a Google search, I discovered the WaPo's reading comprehension is set at the eighth grade level.

There's a reason for it.

Through a Google search, I discovered the WaPo's reading comprehension is set at the eighth grade level.
Must be nice to have DaShuckster's lifestyle ... sitting at home all day in a Section 8 house, chowing down of potato chips and pork rinds purchased with food stamps and hopping on the internet with his Obama phone while the rest of us shmucks go to work to earn a living.

Must be nice to have DaShuckster's lifestyle ... sitting at home all day in a Section 8 house, chowing down of potato chips and pork rinds purchased with food stamps and hopping on the internet with his Obama phone while the rest of us shmucks go to work to earn a living.
I just spit out my drink through my nose. You win the Internet today.

Why would the person who runs the justice department use American agencies to investigate if they believe a crime has taken place? The best bet is to ask Ukraine to do it... because, well, they know a crime hasn't taken place but they want the political win.

Ok, let's say the Bidens are guilty, doesn't that make the POTUS guilty of extorting a foreign gov't in order to prove it?

No, because there was no extortion. That's kind of a weird term to use on this as well.
Yeah, the notion we'd be using words like extortion or bribery is VERY weird, but sadly very much appropriate for Trump's antics.

Mike Pence was supposed to go to newly-elected Ukrainian President's, Zelensky's inauguration but it was cancelled by Trump. The whistleblower reports that it was intended to send a signal to Zelensky that the Trump Administration wanted to see whether the new Ukrainian leader 'was willing to play ball' before formally reaching out to them.

Then $391 million in military aid was abruptly put on hold. Initially we're supposed to believe it was because Trump wanted to send a signal that he wanted to see Zelensky's Administration do more about "corruption" in his country. The next day though, it appears that his aides realized that reason was a little too close for comfort so Trump's rationale for the delay was changed to wanting to send a signal that Germany needed to do more.

When word got back to Trump that Zelensky was 'willing to play ball,' Trump had his notorious phone call with him. Zelensky expressed his appreciation for the U.S's support and indicated his eagerness to buy missiles from the U.S. That's when Trump made his, "We'd like you to do a favor for us though."

The partial transcript was bad enough but the actual transcript which Trump probably thought he'd never have to reveal is likely to sound a lot worse. Whether you want to call the pressure bribery or extortion, it's crystal clear that the Trump Administration expected a special favor for its generosity.

Nope, the US President has the authority to ask Ukraine for help investigating a crime committed by any American.

Extortion is a form of theft. I just don't see what trump was stealing so extortion isn't a good word to use.

Quid pro quo? I could see making that argument, but bribery or extortion? Not even close.

Quid pro quo? I could see making that argument, but bribery or extortion? Not even close.
The Presidency is not Trump's personal fiefdom.

He can't go around pressuring countries to pursue his crackpot conspiracy theories in hopes of bolstering his sagging 2020 election prospects.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT