ADVERTISEMENT

Protested have breeched Capitol, Militia outside Ga Capitol...

No, I sound like the guy who isnt making excuses for domestic terrorists. We have a system to get rid of politicians, and it isnt by storming the capitol because you lost an election in a Democratic country. Is the gonna be the new narrative now? These people were victims and we try and justify their actions?
No, you listen to them before it gets to the point of storming the capitol. Calling them crazy and blaming them unilaterally will just lead to the same thing again. Unless, like an abusive husband, they lock the wife up in the basement.

Seriously, so you want reconciliation and a positive environment for everyone or would you rather punish those who disagree with you?

No, you listen to them before it gets to the point of storming the capitol. Calling them crazy and blaming them unilaterally will just lead to the same thing again. Unless, like an abusive husband, they lock the wife up in the basement.

Seriously, so you want reconciliation and a positive environment for everyone or would you rather punish those who disagree with you?

Explain to me what reconciliation looks like with people who are wearing shirts saying the holocaust didnt do enough, who brought pipe bombs, who killed a cop, etc etc, all because they didnt win an election? Explain to me how you reconcile with extremists? You might not want to hear it, but these groups have a very similar mindset of Muslim extremist groups. Can we reconcile with normal Republicans? Yes. But it wasnt normal Republicans who stormed the capitol, it was extremists. IT would be more dangerous to try and normalize them. Normalizing these groups over the last few years is what brought them out in the open to begin with.

Explain to me what reconciliation looks like with people who are wearing shirts saying the holocaust didnt do enough, who brought pipe bombs, who killed a cop, etc etc, all because they didnt win an election? Explain to me how you reconcile with extremists? You might not want to hear it, but these groups have a very similar mindset of Muslim extremist groups. Can we reconcile with normal Republicans? Yes. But it wasnt normal Republicans who stormed the capitol, it was extremists. IT would be more dangerous to try and normalize them. Normalizing these groups over the last few years is what brought them out in the open to begin with.
What does reconciliation look like with BLM protesters that burned down businesses and stole TVs, shot cops sitting in their cars, and blocked highways?

Stop arguing with this wordy moron. You will never win an argument. He’s always right and is never the life of a party. 😊

What does reconciliation look like with BLM protesters that burned down businesses and stole TVs, shot cops sitting in their cars, and blocked highways?

Not shooting black people for no reason. See, that was easy. Now answer my question.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big12Knights
Not shooting black people for them no reason. See, that was easy. Now answer my question.
Your question comes from a false premise. How do you reconcile with someone that has already committed to killing you? You don't. How do you reconcile with the people that are begging just to be heard? Empathy. You don't call them idiots, inbred, retards, morons, etc. You don't threaten to silence them. You listen and try to understand that their feelings are just as important as yours.

Your question comes from a false premise. How do you reconcile with someone that has already committed to killing you? You don't. How do you reconcile with the people that are begging just to be heard? Empathy. You don't call them idiots, inbred, retards, morons, etc. You don't threaten to silence them. You listen and try to understand that their feelings are just as important as yours.

Oh got ya. We need to hear them out why the holocaust didnt kill enough Jews and why Democracy in America should be eliminated so Trump can remain president. Thank you for the insight, I will take it to heart.

Oh got ya. We need to hear them out why the holocaust didnt kill enough Jews and why Democracy in America should be eliminated so Trump can remain president. Thank you for the insight, I will take it to heart.
Strawman. Take Trump out of the equation. Should we listen to and negotiate with people that want to see the US democratic process destroyed? If not, are you sure we should really be negotiating with Iran and Palestine? Or is that different?

Strawman. Take Trump out of the equation. Should we listen to and negotiate with people that want to see the US democratic process destroyed? If not, are you sure we should really be negotiating with Iran and Palestine? Or is that different?

How is that a strawman? You literally just said we should listen to them and that they are begging to be heard.

Iran is a foreign country, you are comparing apples to oranges, and last I checked Iran didnt storm our capitol.

Trump is out of the equation, but the extremism he mainstreamed obviously isnt. We can either normalize extremism, or let's call it what it is to a large degree, Christian terrorism, which is what you are wanting to do. Or Democrats and sane Republicans can come together and do the best we can to get rid of this.

How is that a strawman? You literally just said we should listen to them and that they are begging to be heard.

Iran is a foreign country, you are comparing apples to oranges, and last I checked Iran didnt storm our capitol.

Trump is out of the equation, but the extremism he mainstreamed obviously isnt. We can either normalize extremism, or let's call it what it is to a large degree, Christian terrorism, which is what you are wanting to do. Or Democrats and sane Republicans can come together and do the best we can to get rid of this.
So your solution is to somehow do away with the people that are "extremists"?

So your solution is to somehow do away with the people that are "extremists"?

I think most normal people dont want to live in a society filled with extremists, not sure you would even question that. Are you wanting a lot of TIm McVeigh's in the country or something?

I think most normal people dont want to live in a society filled with extremists, not sure you would even question that. Are you wanting a lot of TIm McVeigh's in the country or something?
Clearly we agree on this. Now, can we agree that people that burn down an autozone or loot a Target are also extremists?

Clearly we agree on this. Now, can we agree that people that burn down an autozone or loot a Target are also extremists?
Are you sure we agree on it? You were acting like they are victims and we should have to accept them.

No, I dont think every riot is extremism. Are sports fans who burn shit after a championship extremists too? That isnt to defend destruction or looting, but trying to overthrow the capitol in a planned event that people came to from all over the country at the behest of the president, is complety different than looting a target after police shot someone.

Are you sure we agree on it? You were acting like they are victims and we should have to accept them.

No, I dont think every riot is extremism. Are sports fans who burn shit after a championship extremists too? That isnt to defend destruction or looting, but trying to overthrow the capitol in a planned event that people came to from all over the country at the behest of the president, is complety different than looting a target after police shot someone.
No, we do agree that what happened at the capitol is unacceptable. I'm a little bit surprised that you think looting a target is acceptable under any circumstance though.

Would it have been better if the DC rally was followed by a trip downtown where they just burned down some businesses and stole a TV or 10?

No, we do agree that what happened at the capitol is unacceptable. I'm a little bit surprised that you think looting a target is acceptable under any circumstance though.

Would it have been better if the DC rally was followed by a trip downtown where they just burned down some businesses and stole a TV or 10?

I didnt say it was acceptable, which is why I said "That isnt to defend destruction or looting", you apparently decided to gloss over that part.

What we are disagreeing on is that every event is due to extremism. There were riots throughout the 60s in protest of Vietnam, in favor of civil rights, etc, and I dont think those are examples of extremism. I wouldnt classify the Boston Tea party as extremism. I dont think a city rioting after their team wins a championship is extremism, I think it is drunk people who went to far, and yes, I include BLM riots in these examples. Again, and make sure you read it this time, I dont defend destruction or looting, but fighting for civil rights is not the same thing as trying to over throw Democracy to appease a Demagogue president who lost an election. Fighting against an unjust war that you and your friends could potentially be drafted into, is not extremism and is not the same thing as not being able to accept your candidate lost. What happened in DC is closer to the mindset of Muslim extremists groups, confrontations with police over a police shooting are civil rights related issues. Even if you disagree with them, the reason for them is not due to extremism. Whataboutism isnt something that always works.

Last edited:
How do you reconcile with the people that are begging just to be heard? Empathy. You don't call them idiots, inbred, retards, morons, etc. You don't threaten to silence them. You listen and try to understand that their feelings are just as important as yours.
When were we all supposed to show 'empathy' to these poor, downtrodden Trump Supporters who were so upset over having our national election "stolen" from Trump that they resorted to violence inside our nation's Capitol?

Let's review: The President loses the election. After a few days of vote tallying, it is announced that the President lost the election. At this point, every defeated candidate for president in the past -- including incumbents like Jimmy Carter -- congratulate the victorious opponent and pledge to support him. What happened in this case?
  • The President revs up his base that the election was "stolen" from him. The GOP in Congress are silent despite knowing damn good and well that the President's claims of voter fraud are bullshit..
  • Trump uses his lawyers to sue the courts to change the outcome. Without any evidence (duh), it doesn't work.
  • The President continues his hyperbole to his base that the election was stolen from him. The GOP in Congress are silent despite knowing damn good and well that the President's claims of voter fraud are bullshit.
  • The President wines and dines GOP legislators in various states to get them to "do the courageous thing." They follow the law and don't.
  • The President continues his hyperbole to his base that the election was stolen from him. The GOP in Congress are silent despite knowing damn good and well that the President's claims of voter fraud are bullshit..
  • Some private reservations are expressed over the fact that the Trump Administration has refused to work with the Biden transition team. FINALLY, Trump relents and transition talks slowly begin -- but the President continues to whine about the 'stolen' election to his base.
  • The States certify their Electoral College votes. Nevertheless, the President continues his hyperbole to his base that the election was stolen from him. FINALLY, some GOP members in Congress acknowledge that Biden won -- but others HOLD FAST to Trump's 'massive voter fraud' line.
  • The President threatens GOP Governors in Arizona and Georgia to get them to "do the courageous thing." They follow the law and don't.
  • The President threatens the Arizona Secretary of State if he's unwilling to come up with 11,790 votes to win the election that he 'fraudulently' lost. Where is the universal condemnation from the Right?
  • The President threatens his Vice President to 'throw the Electoral College vote' back to the States creating a state of anarchy. The Veep follows the law and doesn't.
  • The President encourages his supporters to come to Washington DC on the day of the Electoral College count promising them it will be 'wild.' At the rally he continues to proclaim the election was stolen from him and says to his followers, "All of us here today do not want to see our election victory stolen by emboldened radical Democrats. We will never give up. We will never concede. It will never happen. You don’t concede when there’s theft involved. Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore.”
  • EVEN AFTER THE RIOT, we have over 100 members of Congress still willing to pander to these idiots who believed that Trump was right and the election was stolen -- which, tragically, led to the loss of five lives and a huge black eye to our national prestige and standing around the world.
Again, at what point along this sad timeline were we all supposed to show empathy? It's total bullshit to believe that this is somehow everybody else's fault for 'failing to listen.' Give. Me. A. Break.

Seem to me, if the GOP had stood up once the election was decided and told their constituents their side lost -- as both Dems and Republicans have done for ages -- this would have all been over LONG AGO. Instead, they contributed to this week's sickening scene by standing with the delusional old man in the WH instead of doing their civic duty and standing up for what's right by telling them the truth.

Last edited:
When were we all supposed to show 'empathy' to these poor, downtrodden Trump Supporters who were so upset over having our national election "stolen" from Trump that they resorted to violence inside our nation's Capitol?

Let's review: The President loses the election. After a few days of vote tallying, it is announced that the President lost the election. At this point, every defeated candidate for president in the past -- including incumbents like Jimmy Carter -- congratulate the victorious opponent and pledge to support him. What happened in this case?
  • The President revs up his base that the election was "stolen" from him. The GOP in Congress are silent despite knowing damn good and well that the President's claims of voter fraud are bullshit..
  • Trump uses his lawyers to sue the courts to change the outcome. Without any evidence (duh), it doesn't work.
  • The President continues his hyperbole to his base that the election was stolen from him. The GOP in Congress are silent despite knowing damn good and well that the President's claims of voter fraud are bullshit.
  • The President wines and dines GOP legislators in various states to get them to "do the courageous thing." They follow the law and don't.
  • The President continues his hyperbole to his base that the election was stolen from him. The GOP in Congress are silent despite knowing damn good and well that the President's claims of voter fraud are bullshit..
  • Some private reservations are expressed over the fact that the Trump Administration has refused to work with the Biden transition team. FINALLY, Trump relents and transition talks slowly begin -- but the President continues to whine about the 'stolen' election to his base.
  • The States certify their Electoral College votes. Nevertheless, the President continues his hyperbole to his base that the election was stolen from him. FINALLY, some GOP members in Congress acknowledge that Biden won -- but others HOLD FAST to Trump's 'massive voter fraud' line.
  • The President threatens GOP Governors in Arizona and Georgia to get them to "do the courageous thing." They follow the law and don't.
  • The President threatens the Arizona Secretary of State if he's unwilling to come up with 11,790 votes to win the election that he 'fraudulently' lost. Where is the universal condemnation from the Right?
  • The President threatens his Vice President to 'throw the Electoral College vote' back to the States creating a state of anarchy. The Veep follows the law and doesn't.
  • The President encourages his supporters to come to Washington DC on the day of the Electoral College count promising them it will be 'wild.' At the rally he continues to proclaim the election was stolen from him and says to his followers, "All of us here today do not want to see our election victory stolen by emboldened radical Democrats. We will never give up. We will never concede. It will never happen. You don’t concede when there’s theft involved. Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore.”
  • EVEN AFTER THE RIOT, we have over 100 members of Congress still willing to pander to these idiots who believed that Trump was right and the election was stolen -- which, tragically, led to the loss of five lives and a huge black eye to our national prestige and standing around the world.
Again, at what point along this sad timeline were we all support to show empathy? It's total bullshit to believe that this is somehow everybody else's fault for 'failing to listen.' Give. Me. A. Break. Seem to me, if the GOP had stood up once the election was decided and told their constituents their side lost -- as both Dems and Republicans have done for ages -- this would have all been over LONG AGO. Instead, they contributed to this week's sickening scene by standing with the delusional old man in the WH instead of doing the civic duty and standing up for what's right.
There's the problem. You think this is just about the election. That's why I compared it to a wife that cheats on her husband after being emotionally abused for years. If you can't even try to see the world from their perspective you'll never get it. And trying to explain or justify it away is little more than gas-lighting. "They're just crazy" right? "Everything is fine", right? Disagree all you want, but for the last 4 years you guys have been gnashing teeth about how terrible things are, even though you can't really come up with something Trump has done that has actually affected your life negatively. You feel it, but can't quantify it. Now the shoe is on the other foot. Maybe admit that you were a little bit irrational and then you can see things from their point of view.

Maybe admit that you were a little bit irrational and then you can see things from their point of view.
Are you REALLY asking me to admit -- three days after our Capitol was under siege by a group of domestic terrorists -- that I was "a bit irrational" about Trump???!?

GOP are pussies. They want to appease the terrorists. I mean, they already told them "I love you and you're special." But, do you really have to appease them so much???

Are you REALLY asking me to admit -- three days after our Capitol was under siege by a group of domestic terrorists -- that I was "a bit irrational" about Trump???!?
Yeah, that would be a good start if you really care to understand. You absolutely have been irrational about a ton of things, which is why you're accused of having TDS. Trump is gone now, he's no longer a threat to anything. Its probably OK at this point to look back and say to yourself "well, maybe I overreacted on that".

Yeah, that would be a good start if you really care to understand. You absolutely have been irrational about a ton of things, which is why you're accused of having TDS. Trump is gone now, he's no longer a threat to anything. Its probably OK at this point to look back and say to yourself "well, maybe I overreacted on that".
This is BS. The people who recognized what Trump is most certainly dont need to apologize to people who either ignored it or didnt see it. What you call "tds", I call being right about him.

Reactions: DaShuckster
There's the problem. You think this is just about the election. That's why I compared it to a wife that cheats on her husband after being emotionally abused for years. If you can't even try to see the world from their perspective you'll never get it. And trying to explain or justify it away is little more than gas-lighting. "They're just crazy" right? "Everything is fine", right? Disagree all you want, but for the last 4 years you guys have been gnashing teeth about how terrible things are, even though you can't really come up with something Trump has done that has actually affected your life negatively. You feel it, but can't quantify it. Now the shoe is on the other foot. Maybe admit that you were a little bit irrational and then you can see things from their point of view.

How were we irrational when we have been proven right? You are mistaking you being blind to us being irrational, and no, not one of us has to apologize because we saw what Trump was. Maybe instead of blaming us, why dont you ask yourself why you werent able to see it in the first place?

Here is a montage of Bill Maher saying Trump wouldnt leave willingly if he lost an election. So Bill, and many others like him, were able to see it, why werent you?

This is BS. The people who recognized what Trump is most certainly dont need to apologize to people who either ignored it or didnt see it. What you call "tds", I call being right about him.
Who said anything about apologizing? I'm not saying that anybody needs a public display of contrition, but they might be well served to self reflect on how they themselves were feeling about things at any given time.

I dunno. It might help if they acknowledged they were dead wrong about Trump after all. It would certainly be a start.
What if they don't? What if there are thousands more just like the people that stormed the capitol but just weren't there? What are you going to do about them if they don't acknowledge they were wrong? You've been correct about everything else so whats the answer to this one?

I think that the country can handle 10 more days
It’s more the principle behind it than actual tangible effect. Although an impeachment could prevent him from holding office in the future. He’s not going to attend the inauguration. Cabinet members are resigning and those that remain are likely to keep their distance. He’s not talking to pence. He has no social media presence. He’s essentially already done. But I think it’s important to set a precedent going forward.

Wow. That video is chilling.

BTW, I recall someone here said that there were "around 200" insurgents attacking the Capitol last Wednesday. Math was never my best subject, but I'm pretty sure there were a hell of a lot more than that.

Wow. That video is chilling.

BTW, I recall someone here said that there were "around 200" insurgents attacking the Capitol last Wednesday. Math was never my best subject, but I'm pretty sure there were a hell of a lot more than that.
Hard to tell from that video, but 200 people in a crowd like that can look like its a lot bigger. It definitely wasn't thousands from what we see there.

Hard to tell from that video, but 200 people in a crowd like that can look like its a lot bigger. It definitely wasn't thousands from what we see there.
First off, there are multiple entrances into the Capitol. The video above features only one of many. (There are a number of Youtube videos out there showing some of the others.)

FYI, you can count between 140-150 insurrectionists at this particular entrance alone. Given what I've seen from the other videos, I think it's safe to deduce that there were quite a few more people who made their way inside the Capitol than you'd have us believe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT