ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the travelers of the Cooler

cnsaguy

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2002
Is staying near the airport in Detroit a safe idea? Never been and a little skeptical of the town in general.

Is staying near the airport in Detroit a safe idea? Never been and a little skeptical of the town in general.

Yes. There is a long street of hotels by the airport that all shuttle there. There's nothing but hotels on that street & a few restaurants. There's a Sporting News Grille in one of the properties there that is your best dining option.

The Westin is in the airport, but it will cost you a ton to stay there.

It was nice to read your posts cnsaguy. I wouldve liked to have had a beer with you at a tailgate. You will be missed. I feel bad for your close friends and family.
I'm gonna miss having @cnsaguy in our section at the football games. RIP dude.

Or maybe he'll bring us some good drugs and guns to the next home game.

Detroit is really no worse than most major metropolitan areas. Don't buy into the b.s. In fact, here's an exceptional book on the topic of media/populace hype:

41HuqaMAfJL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reactions: UCFEE
Never stayed near the airport in Detroit, but if it's like most cities' airports, there's not much else around those hotels. Even in Miami, I'll stay by the airport there and feel pretty safe.

Yeah, he's a racist for asking about safe areas in a city with the third highest murder rate in the country.

UCFEE is the kind of guy who enters into self flagellation nightly to atone for his self assessed white privilege.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT