ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

OL coach knows talent. I feel bad for DBs and OLs because there's very good competition there. Transfer kid from N.D. whose a stud still hasn't gotten starting position yet.
why are there so many QBs, DBs and OL being offered when we are going to have gaps at WR and TE very soon. I might have missed something but I haven't seen a WR over 6'0 commit yet. Gabe is our big target and we need to start grooming another WR1 soon.

Reactions: Jcollinsucf
He could easily beat the crap out of anybody on this site :) He is 300 pounds of muscle and leaps 6 feet from a standing position onto a gym platform/table.
Ok my idea of a stud when talking about an O lineman has little to do with beating people up. More so blocking the guy in front of him or 3 guys in front of him.

why are there so many QBs, DBs and OL being offered when we are going to have gaps at WR and TE very soon. I might have missed something but I haven't seen a WR over 6'0 commit yet. Gabe is our big target and we need to start grooming another WR1 soon.
Big targets are Frost's guys. Huepel wants short and fast.

Heupel has long ways to go. So far one RB committed and he is a tiny guy, no WRs. I want a big back and a couple of tall receivers. Forget about filling the team with smurfs.
Smurfs? Don't come on here insulting and talking shit about our athletes. I like tall receivers and big backs too but theres a lot more that goes into playing football than being tall or large. Heup and co. can only get recruits who want to come to UCF and not many 4* and 5* recruits do. And unless you're a big time donor, you're just a spectator. You don't get to make demands of our staff. Spare us your discontent, write the staff a letter telling them what you think and sign your name to it.

Smurfs? Don't come on here insulting and talking shit about our athletes. I like tall receivers and big backs too but theres a lot more that goes into playing football than being tall or large. Heup and co. can only get recruits who want to come to UCF and not many 4* and 5* recruits do. And unless you're a big time donor, you're just a spectator. You don't get to make demands of our staff. Spare us your discontent, write the staff a letter telling them what you think and sign your name to it.
He's a high school Harry.

Thanks for saying it for all of us! We will be just fine!

He's a high school Harry.
I see. I read his other posts- mostly negative stuff about recruiting. So he might be a troll or a fan who just started following recruiting. Either way this is an open forum. We don't need stuff like that getting out to our players, future recruits, and staff.

Last year we had a recruit share what we said on here on his own social media. It was negative.
We also had a fan admit to trashing a recruit on twitter who had flipped, resulting in that recruit blocking him (that was actually a 6'5" receiver lol). Turns out that recruit is transferring out of where he went and I doubt he'll consider us (not assigning blame but it won't help).
We also had a fan attend the MBB Alabama game who said he was talking a ton of trash at the game and he had a knife with him.
Milton almost left after 2016 because of how fans treated him at the Cure Bowl chanting "Justin-Holman".

People on here are sort of friends who I'd like to tailgate with some time. I've really done some of these things before too. We just have to police this stuff on here and other public places. We need every edge we can get.

I see. I read his other posts- mostly negative stuff about recruiting. So he might be a troll or a fan who just started following recruiting. Either way this is an open forum. We don't need stuff like that getting out to our players, future recruits, and staff.

Last year we had a recruit share what we said on here on his own social media. It was negative.
We also had a fan admit to trashing a recruit on twitter who had flipped, resulting in that recruit blocking him (that was actually a 6'5" receiver lol). Turns out that recruit is transferring out of where he went and I doubt he'll consider us (not assigning blame but it won't help).
We also had a fan attend the MBB Alabama game who said he was talking a ton of trash at the game and he had a knife with him.
Milton almost left after 2016 because of how fans treated him at the Cure Bowl chanting "Justin-Holman".

People on here are sort of friends who I'd like to tailgate with some time. I've really done some of these things before too. We just have to police this stuff on here and other public places. We need every edge we can get.
I never thought a recruit would read any of this. I figured a parent or two would swing by maybe

Heupel has long ways to go. So far one RB committed and he is a tiny guy, no WRs. I want a big back and a couple of tall receivers. Forget about filling the team with smurfs.
Remember the small back on USF who burned our defense good last game? We face him again this year.

Killings is a small guy, Otis is a smaller guy, and McCrae ain’t huge either. Guess what, they smoke everybody.
They are pretty small. Benny and Good are our biggest backs now and both are <200lbs last I checked. I loved Taj's size. Really wished he got more play time. As a fan it almost hurts I don't get to see as much of guys as I like but we're too deep at these positions. I'm hoping we land Marvin Scott III or Brian Snead. Of course I'll welcome any big back who wants to join the team.

I find the"Smurf" statement inappropriate considering our recent achievements. Are you referring to smaller guys like Adrian Killins, Otis Anderson and Brandon Moore who was 160 lbs when he committed, or Richie Grant who was also 160 when committing? Or Greg McRae who arrived at 170 lbs? Without them and others who were less than 175 lbs when committing, and yes that includes McKenzie Milton, (160 lbs at the time) then we do not go 13-0 or 25-1. You may want to further consider how you wish to present your stated position.

Reactions: Yaes
I find the"Smurf" statement inappropriate considering our recent achievements. Are you referring to smaller guys like Adrian Killins, Otis Anderson and Brandon Moore who was 160 lbs when he committed, or Richie Grant who was also 160 when committing? Or Greg McRae who arrived at 170 lbs? Without them and others who were less than 175 lbs when committing, and yes that includes McKenzie Milton, (160 lbs at the time) then we do not go 13-0 or 25-1. You may want to further consider how you wish to present your started position.
Sorry posted in response to wrong message but I do stand by my statement

Reactions: Knight Strength

You are out of bounds. I gave my informed opinion of what I am hoping will happen. Memphis, Cincinnati and USF are getting higher ranked commits and we have done 2X as much winning as all those programs combined.

A large donor? Your ask me that, but what about you? Are you a large donor? You come here and suggest for other UCF fans to start stalking high schools recruits on social media. Yet, you try to dictate your preferences upon me? Or better yet, you try to minimize others as if you have any idea about what the program should be doing.

You are out of bounds. I gave my informed opinion of what I am hoping will happen. Memphis, Cincinnati and USF are getting higher ranked commits and we have done 2X as much winning as all those programs combined.

A large donor? Your ask me that, but what about you? Are you a large donor? You come here and suggest for other UCF fans to start stalking high schools recruits on social media. Yet, you try to dictate your preferences upon me? Or better yet, you try to minimize others as if you have any idea about what the program should be doing.

Hang out get to know us and you’ll realize Knight Strength is a stand up dude. The only part that bothered him was saying our recruits are smurfs. We’ve had the top class the last few years and signing day is a ways to go. Recruits do read and 18 year olds are sensitive. That is all.

As I have stated to new high school Harrys, don't come in here guns blazing and expect folks to welcome you with open arms. If all you want is extra stars by a recruit's name, go to Staples and buy some and put on your monitor if it makes you feel better.

What you think is good and the reality of what is good based on system, coaches and personnel is obviously out of your scope. Try to understand we may not need big backs or WRs because they are already blazing by the defense or don't need to out muscle the other guy. We play in space. This ain't the NFL or the SEC for that matter.

What you think is good and the reality of what is good based on system, coaches and personnel is obviously out of your scope. Try to understand we may not need big backs or WRs because they are already blazing by the defense or don't need to out muscle the other guy. We play in space. This ain't the NFL or the SEC for that matter.
I don’t think it’s a bad thing to want a mix of size. The more variety we have at our skill positions, the more options we have for picking and choosing how we want to beat an opponent.

Recruiting is a lot like dating. You take your shot with a bikini model, etc. but you also take shots at landing dates with people who have other strengths. The truth is, if your in a "G5" conference, Kate Upton (or whoever) doesn't give a damn about a 30 game win streak. Lucky for you, you've been at this awhile and know how to win without the bikini model on your team. Learn to love the one your with. And remember the teachings of the crazy-hot matrix. It all applies.
Cordarrian Richardson was a 240lb RB and is listed as our #2 rated recruit of all time. He flipped 3 (?) times before signing with us, then transferred out when he couldn't earn a starting spot. But guess what, he didn't transfer to a school that was less competitive where he could earn a spot. He went to aTm where they're already full at RB. There is a strong belief that "G5" schools aren't good enough and recruits just want to latch on to a "P5" brand. And there's nothing Heup or CRS can do about that.
Sure we would like some 6'5" WRs who can catch over any CB in the AAC and we want 220lb RBs that can blow up LBs, but these guys aren't interested in us. So we look for athletes who have the same athleticism, speed, hands, physicality, etc. and we find a way to win with them.
Upset that we're not #1 in the AAC in June? Well we're 6 months from signing day so take your blood pressure meds and chill out.

For the 2019 class, our top 8 hs commits came after September 1st!

Hi [insert recruit's name], come to UCF, we have great everything and more! Why ride pine when you can get a chance to start year one? You know who cares if you went to a P5 school? Nobody if you don't play. Practice year round in the sun or in our indoor practice facility. That talent here is next to none and our coaches really treat you like family.

Did I mention we have the best look alike threads in the country?

Hi [insert recruit's name], come to UCF, we have great everything and more! Why ride pine when you can get a chance to start year one? You know who cares if you went to a P5 school? Nobody if you don't play. Practice year round in the sun or in our indoor practice facility. That talent here is next to none and our coaches really treat you like family.

Did I mention we have the best look alike threads in the country?
Our lookalike threads ARE fantastic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT