ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

I'm betting it's Dionte Marks
That would be great, Dionte could be that other guy who steps up for sure. Marlon was such a beast, he’s a big hole to fill but if some of these other guys step up it could be a better Corp than last year. It was so frustrating watching Harris and Nixon drop balls bouncing off the hands and chest.

Reactions: shacket
Can anyone tell what has been the issue with Ahmad? I was so excited when we signed him but it’s been like 3 or 4 years with no playing time. What gives?

Reactions: shacket
Can anyone tell what has been the issue with Ahmad? I was so excited when we signed him but it’s been like 3 or 4 years with no playing time. What gives?
I’m guessing other guys were just better positioned to make an impact. He’s gotten in games but has not cracked the regular rotation. Remember 4* Josh Reese didn’t play until he was a Junior and even then wasn’t ever a #1 option. Another recent one was Tristan Payton. Just because you come out as a 4* doesn’t mean you are automatically slotted into the lineup. UCF has had the luxury of pretty deep receiving corps coming back for many years.

Reactions: KnightLife1
This is such a HUGE get and a big time need for us. This guy is so athletic, fast, great hands. He’s also 6’1” and 210 lbs according to the most recent 247 article. Size and athleticism, bruh this dudes legit and that size is something we have lacked for too long. Rivals had him rated #22 5* player at one time until they did some re-arranging adjustments and he went down. Didn’t commit to Bama, you understand.

He wasn’t as good as his brother in High School. Both got hurt in college. Surprised he went exclusively as RB. Was a WR I thought with size and speed and durability issues.

I read online that MAR is the highest recruit to commit to UCF but Canton K. was a 5*... They both transferred in. What's the difference? Or why are they saying that?

I read online that MAR is the highest recruit to commit to UCF but Canton K. was a 5*... They both transferred in. What's the difference? Or why are they saying that?
Wimbush was a .9792 on 247
Canton K was .9909 on 247
MAR was .9589 on 247

perhaps they are confused and though he was a HS commit rather than a transfer. That rating would be the highest for a HS commit.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I read something about another Rb we're talking too in addition to the Mark Anthony. I can't remember who it was though, anyone have that link? It was another top Rb from a different school

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT