ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

I read something about another Rb we're talking too in addition to the Mark Anthony. I can't remember who it was though, anyone have that link? It was another top Rb from a different school
I found it, guy from Tennessee

I read something about another Rb we're talking too in addition to the Mark Anthony. I can't remember who it was though, anyone have that link? It was another top Rb from a different school

the one that Tennessee released from his commitment (the 2nd one, and not the one that went to Auburn)

i think Beede tweeted about it

Reactions: PhDee
Damn... “Former 4-star and the 45th ranked player in his class. 6th ranked WR and 6th ranked player in Florida for that class too.”

But is he from Orlando?
Tampa area. But his stats don't show much production recently. I think I saw he had 6 receptions in 2020. Don't know any details.

We usually have a couple transfer after spring practice. Especially with a new staff. Look for a few to be prodded to leave.

Damn... “Former 4-star and the 45th ranked player in his class. 6th ranked WR and 6th ranked player in Florida for that class too.”

But is he from Orlando?

Are you trying to take a not so subtle shot at me? Understand what I say: recruit Orlando, recruit Central Florida and recruit Florida. In that order.

I have been saying the same thing for years now and it's not difficult to be understood. I am also referring to high school recruting.

The transfer is under whelming to say the least and there's no use to mention his high school ranking.

The man had four years to do something and he could not start at Colorado State.

Reactions: U C to the F
I dont blame Gus for the recent take at WR. We were hurting for WRS and that's why Heupel took the Tennessee transfer and why Gus was basically forced into the recent take.

MAR helps the RB room which was in terrible shape due to piss poor recruting by Heupel and his acolytes.

MAR's ability to catch out of the backfield will be featured quite a bit.

We still need a big back to get the tough yards on third and short and forth and short.

Reactions: Black_Knight07
Does he have only one year left?

He is a GRADUATE transfer going to his fifth college year. What do you think?

I am not sure what's more silly this question or fans thinking that a graduate transfer would be walking on.

Last edited:
Really don't think he is anything to write home about
1/2. With the 1 being obviously MAR, who will be very good here.

Why is everyone hyping up the Colorado State WR? The man is not very good. He's had four years to show that he is not very good.
Have to concur with KoC I definitely am not impressed with the newest transfer. Was hoping to maybe get some help at LB.

good point on the latest transfer but QB situation could play into WR production at times. not quite the same comparison but Tre Nixon barely had stats but he also had more eligibility left

I mean colorado state played 4 games last year. Not sure if that really gives us any info to go off of.
There're four years of info on him. His 247 transfer rating is .8400.

Unlike what some fans here being saying (Jeremy, KS) the WR room going into 2021 was a huge concern, the talent was lacking.

The same for the RB room, but getting MAR is a huge lift, but lacks a big body to get the tough yards.

Last edited:
Only 4 games is a small sample size for sure. But 4 or 5 guys got more catches than him. A couple had 20+.
Depends on too many things. How they are covering him, who the QB likes to throw to, is the QB going through all his reads, how the OC calls the plays. In my opinion, too many variables to judge fairly.

Reactions: Knight59
Depends on too many things. How they are covering him, who the QB likes to throw to, is the QB going through all his reads, how the OC calls the plays. In my opinion, too many variables to judge fairly.

You have to be joking man. If it wasn't for terrible takes, you would not have any.

He is a 2016 recruit that has played in four years with two different teams. There's plenty to go on, mainly him sitting on the bench.

Gus had to take somebody to help in the WR and that's lacking talent and will take a couple of years of good recruting to fix.

I dont blame Gus. The situation was caused by Heupel and his failure to recruit.

Reactions: U C to the F
He replaces Credle (spelling?) and/or Harris who we lost to transfer and graduation for 2021.

Good size and would be good at run after catch in screen plays out wide. He looks kinda like a TE with his body size but with speed. Hard to tackle could mean good, consistent yardage (YAC) in short pass plays and weapon for red zone plays :)

He replaces Credle (spelling?) and/or Harris who we lost to transfer and graduation for 2021.

Good size and would be good at run after catch in screen plays out wide. He looks kinda like a TE with his body size but with speed. Hard to tackle could mean good, consistent yardage (YAC) in short pass plays and weapon for red zone plays :)

High school season? He played four in college and did nothing.

I am not blaming Gus for the take. He took what he could find at this late stage. The blame lies with Jabba the Heup and his acolytes.

The problem is WR and RB recruiting here was trash for years now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT