ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

He replaces Credle (spelling?) and/or Harris who we lost to transfer and graduation for 2021.

Good size and would be good at run after catch in screen plays out wide. He looks kinda like a TE with his body size but with speed. Hard to tackle could mean good, consistent yardage (YAC) in short pass plays and weapon for red zone plays :)

Really looks great in these highlights!

You have to be joking man. If it wasn't for terrible takes, you would not have any.

He is a 2016 recruit that has played in four years with two different teams. There's plenty to go on, mainly him sitting on the bench.

Gus had to take somebody to help in the WR and that's lacking talent and will take a couple of years of good recruting to fix.

I dont blame Gus. The situation was caused by Heupel and his failure to recruit.
koc is right, dont look too much into it

I agree with those saying not to be too excited about this transfer but also remember that CGM has a relationship with him and said he isn't watching UCF film because he's giving everyone a clean slate. I wouldn't be real surprised to see him start.

I agree with those saying not to be too excited about this transfer but also remember that CGM has a relationship with him and said he isn't watching UCF film because he's giving everyone a clean slate. I wouldn't be real surprised to see him start.

A new coach is not about to play favorites and he will start the best guys. If he wins the job then start him, everything else is moot.

Look it will take a couple of years of good recruting to upgrade the talent on the team, that's been obvious to me for a while.

Let's give Gus and the staff a chance to recruit their players. It might take a year or two. I do have a high level of confidence in the ability of the new staff to recruit. Gus knows what it takes to get that done.

Gus is hiring Florida high school coaches as part of the recruting staff. Gus and his entire staff is making Orlando and Central Florida a priority.

I knew someone here that was posting about that for years. That someone being ME.

Where are all the know nothings that were mocking me and laughing before?

Who is mocking me know? All the b.s. from the Dungeon for the last years was that exactly b.s. and excuses for the recruting failures of Josh Heupel.

Yes, Golesh was really going to do it here. A Midwest guy with zero ties in this state. That was the answer. You still laughing Knight Strenght?

You still kissing Heupel's behind Jeremy?

Last edited:
Gus is hiring Florida high school coaches as part of the recruting staff. Gus and his entire staff is making Orlando and Central Florida a priority.

I knew someone here that was posting about that for years. That someone being ME.

Who is mocking me know? All the b.s. from the Dungeon for the last years was that exactly b.s. and excuses for the recruting failures of Josh Heupel.

Yes, Golesh was really going to do it here. A Midwest guy with zero ties in this state. That was the answer. You still laughing Knight Strenght?

Why are you such a miserable person?

What are the odds that we pick up multiple 4 star players in a recruiting cycle. He seems to be offering everyone possible. We haven't really done that in previous recruiting teams. Can Gus pull that off with his credibility?

Why are you such a miserable person?

Your opinion is worthless. Keep it to yourself. All of you know nothings tried to troll and make fun of me for years.

There were a total of ZERO people here that agree with me, respected my opinion or at least considered my points.

So miss me with your crying now. If you and others like you had taken a picture in front of a mirror it would had been impossible for anyone to tell where Heupel ended and you started.

Last edited:

You keep saying people are laughing at you and they were all in on Golesh but people are indifferent to your posts and they only wanted to give Golesh a chance. Plus you say stuff like you've been posting on here for years but its barely been one year. A lot of posters on here came to the same conclusions you had been sharing but you keep ranting as if they're still debating you lmao.

What are the odds that we pick up multiple 4 star players in a recruiting cycle. He seems to be offering everyone possible. We haven't really done that in previous recruiting teams. Can Gus pull that off with his credibility?
We offered 60 four stars or higher last year. Got one. The difference is the players are tweeting it out. Our coaches are technically recruiting for UCF but mostly for themselves. That’s why most are high rated. If they move on they bring their offers with them.

I dont give a shit about what you think. All of you know nothings tryied to troll and make fun of me for years.

There were a total of ZERO people here that agree with we or respected my opinion or at least considered my points.

So F U.
What’s your other name? This one hasn’t been around for 2 years yet.

All of you expecting an undefeated season, or a 1/2 loss season in 2021 better strap yourselves to a chair.

There was a talent drain and terrible program mismanagement since the first day Heupel took over until the day he left.

It will take at least two years to get the program back on track. WR, LB, DT, DE, TE, CB - all those groups are subpar and in need of a talent infusion.

It wont happen overnight I can promise you that.

I am not looking to fit in. I will tell you the facts and not whatever fairy tale they are now spinning in the dungeon.

All of you tried very hard to bully me or shame me into not posting. FOR TELLING THE TRUTH.

You will keep getting the truth from me and and not some Dungeonite flavored Koolaid.

We dont have a national championship caliber team or a conference championship team or a team that will compete for the conference championship.

Not right now we don't. You can thank Heupel and yourselves for it.

Fantastic addition to the program. That bum Heupel would never!
thats the third former 4 star in like three weeks since Gus has been here sheesh!
I really wish this process happened sooner because this recruiting class could have turned out WAY different had we had Gus in the building for a few months.

I think right now before his first year is the shiniest his coat will be in terms of pulling off Hail Mary transfers from Auburn (hopefully i'm wrong) and I wish we could capitalize even more with some open scholarship spots. Such a shame!

Last edited:
OK UCF time to lift the in person visit ban. The campus has a mask mandate , let’s get these Croots in that new campus hotel and let this staff sell. Virtual visits don’t have the same Wow factor

Reactions: Yaes and Endeavor.
I am not looking to fit in. I will tell you the facts and not whatever fairy tale they are now spinning in the dungeon.

All of you tried very hard to bully me or shame me into not posting. FOR TELLING THE TRUTH.

You will keep getting the truth from me and and not some Dungeonite flavored Koolaid.

We dont have a national championship caliber team or a conference championship team or a team that will compete for the conference championship.

Not right now we don't. You can thank Heupel and yourselves for it.
I have come around to believing and agreeing with you more and more over the past year, I'll admit that and I think most others would too. But I think a lot of the animosity towards you is due to the way you deliver your messages.

Communication has 2 parts, the message and the delivery. And for some reason, your delivery comes off as very emotional and attacking/defensive.

You do you though, I won't tell you how to live. Those are just my observations.

You wanted Lebby, said Heupel should be fired, said Heupel wasn’t going to Tennessee, said the Hawaii 4* wasn’t coming. You make absolute predictions and then look like a fool. Time and time again. Then you come back telling us I told you so. So how was the honeymoon?

thats the third former 4 star in like three weeks since Gus has been here sheesh!
I really wish this process happened sooner because this recruiting class could have turned out WAY different had we had Gus in the building for a few months.
I think right now before his first year is the shiniest his coat will be in terms of pulling off Hail Mary transfers from Auburn (hopefully i'm wrong) and I wish we could capitalize even more with some open scholarship spots. Such a shame!
It’s not a surprise he could pull some Auburn players with him since he coached there. I’d love to see him get these kind of transfers consistently. Last summer we were hyped about a transfer from UF, a 4 star from Nebraska, and a 4 star from Georgia. And those kids actually have some eligibility left beyond one season.

First, a lot of people actually agreed with your points. In fact, I specifically posted that I was a convert to some of the criticisms on recruitment. I even suggested you start a blog since you had a lot of good info.

Second, there is even a thread about eating crow....

What frustrates a lot of people (perhaps even all) is your style. Everything is black and white... itching for a fight... antagonistic... (no one responded to me at midnight on New Year’s Eve, boo hoo, F U all)... I was right, ME ME ME...

You’ve got people here who do agree. Take the win. Be gracious. Take the high road... all the same things I teach my sons and my employees... just relax once in a while

You wanted Lebby, said Heupel should be fired, said Heupel wasn’t going to Tennessee, said the Hawaii 4* wasn’t coming. You make absolute predictions and then look like a fool. Time and time again. Then you come back telling us I told you so. So how was the honeymoon?

Actually yeah, I remember a lot of folks here wishing you well on the wedding and honeymoon... I thought we all got to a good place.

Then you came back firing on all cylinders again.

Reactions: Endeavor.
Hey KOC how's it hangin man? While we had our share of words; I will say I don't think I completely dismissed your recruiting complaints about Heupel. He was not a good recruiter and none of his staff was either. You were right.

Having said that. Doesn't it feel like Gus is building a PROGRAM right now. Like he is trying to act like an SEC guy and people are actually buying it? How freaking cool is this? Ride the high with me bud. We are in so much better hands and those dumb Tennessee hicks even PAYED FOR IT! You agree?

DE transfer from Auburn.

Had previously been committed to Tennessee, so that's pretty funny.
Starter on Auburn and 2nd Team All SEC last year, this is a HUGE get! Also a huge need for us too. #GusBus

Wonder why he’s leaving with only one more year to play? New staff changing scheme, not fitting? I love how he was committed to TN but when the Heupster got there, nope, no thanks...I love TN

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT