ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

I also wouldn't discount how damn weird the last 12 months have likely been for college students.

There were a record number of transfers, and I think COVID is at least partially responsible for that.
What would Covid have to do with it? It’s more that no one has to sit out.

What would Covid have to do with it? It’s more that no one has to sit out.
In his new article Brandon mentions how freshmen didn't get spring practices and had to do stuff online for so long. Seems like it would have slowed a lot of young players ability to get play time.

He seems small for a LB. not sure if speed for safety.
He was very productive at FCS but he is very small. He is a LB and not a safety. He will need at least 10 more pounds.

His size is not nearly ideal but our LB room is poor. He will probably start here.

Smart kid, I watched an interview he did a week or so ago. He is definitely playing LB.

Last edited:
Reactions: Endeavor.
i wouldn't put too much stock in the claims of bitter ND internet insiders. you can't transfer in bad academic standing.
Not putting any stock in internet insiders. I politely disagree. From those I know who went to ND or taught there, they are very strict about academics and sports. And don't be too sure about not being able to transfer after trouble with academics.

Looks like a small Pat Jasinski. Decent player but his weaknesses were exploited by other teams quite a bit. Speed will be tough for him to adjust to.

I understand that Gus and the new staff started from a difficult position due to poor recruting and evaluations from Jabba The Heup and the Acolytes.

It was very obvious to me that talent was poor in all the position groups but QB.

Gus was forced to take many transfers and he is not done. Believe me, under other conditions he would not offer some of the transfers we are bringing in.

This is an important year, we have to show improvement over last year. Noticeable improvement. Gus is betting that we can win now.

We really need to win as the 2022 high school class will be 15 or less players. We need to set the table for 2023.

The defense remains a huge concern. There's reason to believe that the DL will be improved.

However the LB and CB are position groups remain weak areas. It will take some time to upgrade the talent across all the position groups.

Reactions: Endeavor.
A few weeks away but our summer camps are coming up:

2021 Camps

**The Registration link for all camps is NOW LIVE!** REGISTER TODAY!

7on7 + OL / DL #1
Saturday June 5th, 2021

7on7 Camp $350 per Team of 20 ($35 per additional camper over 20)
OL / DL Camp $35 per camper

7on7 + OL / DL #2
Thursday June 17th, 2021

7on7 Camp $350 per Team of 20 ($35 per additional camper over 20)
OL / DL Camp $35 per camper

High School Prospect Camp I
Tuesday June 8th, 2021

$40 per camper

High School Prospect Camp II
Tuesday June 15th, 2021

$40 per camper

High School Prospect Camp III
Sunday June 20th, 2021

$40 per camper

Team Camp (DUE TO COVID-19, THE TEAM CAMP ON JUNE 16-JUNE 18 HAS BEEN CANCELLED)
Wednesday June 16th, 2021 - Friday June 18th, 2021

Link:
Thought these were canceled but maybe they're back on?

Last edited:
Hard to get much of the college experience when most of you are at home taking classes online.

It wasn't a typical college experience for anyone, so a lot of guys didn't really get any time to adjust.
That has nothing to do with transferring. Plenty of freshmen played. You are either good or not. It didn’t matter where they went. Why transfer? It’s not Covid because that’s everywhere.

That has nothing to do with transferring. Plenty of freshmen played. You are either good or not. It didn’t matter where they went. Why transfer? It’s not Covid because that’s everywhere.
I disagree. When people are unhappy, many times, they look for a change. Could be for a variety of reasons - playing time, perceived not fitting in, etc. Who knows.

I disagree. When people are unhappy, many times, they look for a change. Could be for a variety of reasons - playing time, perceived not fitting in, etc. Who knows.
Yes I agree. But if they have to sit out they usually give it more time. The not sitting out is the big factor in why so many are transferring.

We are making so many offers, are these 2022 offers? Aren't we out of scholarships for 2021?
Yes next year. The last 6 or so have been 2022. The transfers are taking away from next year. That’s why some weren’t happy with an undersized LB from FCS with only 1 year left.

So many players transfer these days after each season. We typically recruit between 18-20 players in December these days. We get scholarships freed up in January to do second part of process which welcomes in transfers. Lastly it's hard to keep up with real numbers because players jump ship to other schools during the year after being committed to us for months. So what is the real scholarship count? I gave up asking this question about 2-3 years ago.

So many players transfer these days after each season. We typically recruit between 18-20 players in December these days. We get scholarships freed up in January to do second part of process which welcomes in transfers. Lastly it's hard to keep up with real numbers because players jump ship to other schools during the year after being committed to us for months. So what is the real scholarship count? I gave up asking this question about 2-3 years ago.
Are you asking total scholarships or 2022 recruiting?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT