ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Kind of random, was a DT in high school. UGA moved him to IOL, but doesn’t look like he ever saw the field for them last year (redshirted in ‘20).

Reactions: Knight Strength
Another recent transfer that makes little sense looking in from the outside. A lightly regarded (0.83 according to 24/7) walk-on at Ga (according to the fans I read) who had his position changed but has yet to play a down of college ball.

He does have 4 years of eligibility and has practiced against some of the best college talent so there must be something the coaches see. He is also immediately eligible. I guess the assumption is he stays on offense.

Another recent transfer that makes little sense looking in from the outside. A lightly regarded (0.83 according to 24/7) walk-on at Ga (according to the fans I read) who had his position changed but has yet to play a down of college ball.

He does have 4 years of eligibility and has practiced against some of the best college talent so there must be something the coaches see. He is also immediately eligible. I guess the assumption is he stays on offense.
I don't know the full situation of our roster or him but we need bodies and he has a year or two of college football/weightroom experience.

If he continues to develop (was 265 out of HS, now over 300) it is a great addition. He has three years of eligibility remaining. We need OL more than LBs. It will be a severe deficiency after this year.
No, right now we need LB's who can suit up. But I agree, if he's good enough, he'll be an important piece in the OL in the future and that would be extremely positive. It appears he's toughened up (just look at his HS Pic and then his recent pic on twitter).

Last edited:
Reactions: tjb74
We finally got an Australian rugby punter.
Reviewing his twitter, this is not an 18-year-old. It'll be interesting to get the back story. Many of his Rugby posts are from 6-7 years ago and this guy played for Collingwood, a professional Australian Rules Football Club in the AFL where he was signed in 2016. I wonder how old he is (it appears 23 or 24) and years of eligibility he has? Also, some interesting stories about his being part indigenous and his initial hope to come to the US to play basketball. Maybe Johnny can use him....https://youtu.be/Hk-GVXk_RWs

Last edited:
Reviewing his twitter, this is not an 18-year-old. It'll be interesting to get the back story. Many of his Rugby posts are from 6-7 years ago and this guy played for Collingwood, a professional Australian Rules Football Club in the AFL where he was signed in 2016. I wonder how old he is (it appears 23 or 24) and years of eligibility he has? Also, some interesting stories about his being part indigenous and his initial hope to come to the US to play basketball. Maybe Johnny can use him....https://youtu.be/Hk-GVXk_RWs
Punter / bball player would be a super interesting dual sport athlete situation :D

I hope the school puts out a blurb about the story soon

He’s 24 and 6’5”. He didn’t seem to play much in Australia. Probably why he’s trying every sport he can. Maybe Johnny would let him practice but that’s about it. Your eligibility doesn’t start until you start first college class. Then it’s 6 years from there. Doesn’t matter your age.

Didn't Miami have an Australian punter who was older and had full sleeve tattoos? Seem to remember him/them getting a lot of attention when he committed.

I've honestly been wondering when we were going to get one. seems like everyone else had an aussy punter. punting hasn't been bad for us over the years, but those aussy rules football players can boom it.

Australian punters in college football 2021​

ConferenceAustralian PuntersSchools in conference
American611
ACC414
Big 12410
Big Ten714
Conference-USA714
MAC412
Mountain West412
Pac-12712
SEC514
Sun Belt710
Independent18
TOTAL:56130

Didn't Miami have an Australian punter who was older and had full sleeve tattoos? Seem to remember him/them getting a lot of attention when he committed.
Screen_Shot_2019_02_06_at_7.00.13_AM.png

Good looking, athletic, 24 year old guy with an Australian accent walking around campus at UCF.
Life could be worse for him 😂

Yep, it's mid-May and fall practice starts in 2+ months. Williams is taking a big gamble with Lewis (needs to win the legal case/get green light from school) and Jennings (needs to be cleared by NCAA). We really need these two guys and I'm encouraged that we're proceeding but I sure hope Williams has his ducks in a row. If he does, great. If not, he's a fool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT