ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

The coaching staffs efforts at recruiting are certainly what we were looking for when Heupel left :) They get an A+ in: building local H.S. relationships, having great imagination for their recruiting weekends in June and July AND marketing the program (ie. billboards) along with lifting up NIL although I'm not a big fan of it I admit that you can't stop this trend.

What's next for recruitment? Continue to improve the sports facilities especially with Big12 money coming in after the current expansion plans.

Last edited:
The coaching staffs efforts at recruiting are certainly what we were looking for when Heupel left :)
Big 3 thi
Next is get more bodies. We’ve got 8 guys committed. I don’t think we’ll sign another 10 transfers this year so we need more commits.
Also people like the DL coach and TWill need raises.
I think we are in the age of 15-16 High School recruits signed every year.
With another 10 transfers signed every year.

Players jumping ship every year so that we can continue to get 25 new scholarship
athletes on the roster every season is already happening.

Good news is we have more access to building our roster with fresh blood. Bad news is having 3 years to build higher ranked players into impactful 2-year starters is NOT going to be the norm because many of them will impatiently jump ship.

Reactions: PhDee
Off topic slightly, so they play these videos of high ranked guys going one-on-one against other high ranked guys on here. I would give both nuts if we could sign Jelani Thurman....rediculous.....that is all.

I don't understand how this is possible when it comes to Braeden Marshall . He doesn't list UCF in his top 3?

Big OL from Dr. Phillips committed to Texas last week and didn’t even have them in his Top 5. Maybe they are looking to shock people??

Reactions: Endeavor.
FY-RrTUXkAI11iJ.jpg

It really is amazing the level of recruit and transfers we have gotten on the defensive side since Gus and team have been here. It’s next level stuff. Their efforts and the Big12 symbol, amazing the difference. Our secondary and defensive line has so much talent, setting up to be exciting g to watch.

Isn't it crazy to open up the front page here and see three 4* recruits, and knowing the twins are 4* on other recruiting service boards?

I need to head over to the bullcrap forum for a reality check......and a few laughs :)

Laughs are there to be had as they wallow in the misery that is USF football/sports,,,but you will NOT see anything related to our recent recruiting success...anyone posting such will be immediately banned and posts deleted. It's pretty sad over there right now.

Anything good said about UCF or was it clickbait?
They break it down by position. This was linebacker:
The Knights haven't landed an ESPN 300 recruit since the 2017 cycle, yet the team has found success with the players they have brought in.

In this class, however, the coaches have two ESPN 300 linebacker commits -- and genetics was a bit of a help. Twin ESPN 300 inside linebackers Andrew and Michael Harris both committed on July 6.

Andrew is ranked No. 195 overall, and Michael is ranked No. 276. They are similar in their build, with Andrew being an inch taller at 6-2, and both should get an opportunity to contribute early.

Reactions: Endeavor.
i

UCF Knights

The Knights haven't landed an ESPN 300 recruit since the 2017 cycle, yet the team has found success with the players they have brought in.

In this class, however, the coaches have two ESPN 300 linebacker commits -- and genetics was a bit of a help. Twin ESPN 300 inside linebackers Andrew and Michael Harris both committed on July 6.

Andrew is ranked No. 195 overall, and Michael is ranked No. 276. They are similar in their build, with Andrew being an inch taller at 6-2, and both should get an opportunity to contribute early

So, I decided to look back through UCF's recruiting classes to try to see how consistent the improvement had been. So I went back through every class since O'Leary's last season, to see what improvement there was. All numbers are from 247:

2015 Class - last full O'leary class:
Total recruits: 19
Average Rating: .8355
Total recruits .85 or above - 4 (Brandon Scott, Luke Hiers, Rashard Causey, Tristan Payton)
Consensus 4 stars - Tristan Payton(.9063)

2016 Class - first partial Frost class:
Total Recruits: 21
Average Rating: .8262
Total recruits .85 or above - 3 (Jordan Johnson, Aaron Dowdell, Dredrick Snelson)
Consensus 4 stars - 0

2017 Class - first full Frost class:
Total Recruits: 25
Average Rating: .8336
Total recruits .85 or above - 6 (Gabriel Luyanda, Sterling Jones, Marlon Williams, Bentavious Thompson, Emmanuel Greene, Cordarrian Richardson)
Consensus 4 stars - Cordarrian Richardson(.9332)

2018 Class - partial Frost, partial Heupel class:
Average Rating: .8364
Total recruits .85 or above - 5 (Kenny Turnier, Jermaine McMillan, Randy Charlton, Eric Gilyard, Kevin Ahmad)
Consensus 4 stars - 0

2019 Class - first full Heupel class:
Total Recruits: 22
Average Rating: .8424
Total recruits .85 or above - 8 (Jarrad Baker, Raymond Cutts, Adrian Medley, Dillon Gabriel, Damarius Good, Dallaz Corbitt, Keenan Hester, Tre'mon Morris-Brash)
Consensus 4 stars - 0

2020 Class -
Total Recruits: 20
Average Rating: .8383
Total recruits .85 or above - 2 (Ja'Cyais Credle, Paul Rubelt)
Consensus 4 stars - 0

2021 Class - partial Heupel, partial nobody, partial Gus:
Total Recruits: 17
Average Rating: .8460
Total recruits .85 or above -7 (Brandon Adams, Ethan Mort, Jaylon Griffin, Cole Joyce, Mikey Keene, Anthony Hundley, Titus Mokio-Atimalala)
Consensus 4 stars - Titus Mokio-Atimalala(.8958)

2022 Class - First full Gus class:
Total Recruits: 15
Average Rating: .8708
Total recruits .85 or above - 12 (Miguel Maldonado, TJ Bullard, Jamaal Johnson, Tyler Griffin, Demari Henderson, Ja'cari Henderson, Jordan McDonald, Xavier Townsend, Thomas Castellanos, Keahnist Thompson, Quan Lee, Nikai Martinez)
Consensus 4 stars - Nikai Martinez(.8967)

2023 Class - Current class:
Total Recruits: 9(one not currently rated)
Average Rating: 89.49
Total recruits .85 or above - 8(Dylan Rizk, Troy Ford, Jamal Meriweather, Kaven Call, Braeden Marshall, Michael Harris, Andrew Harris, John Walker)
Consensus 4 stars - Braeden Marshall(.8908), Michael Harris(.9022), Andrew Harris(.9164), and John Walker(.9522)

So....pretty steady growth from O'Leary to Frost to Heupel for the most part, followed by a pretty hefty jump from Heupel to Malzahn.

Last edited:
So, I decided to look back through UCF's recruiting classes to try to see how consistent the improvement had been. So I went back through every class since O'Leary's last season, to see what improvement there was. All numbers are from 247:

2015 Class - last full O'leary class:
Total recruits: 19
Average Rating: .8355
Total recruits .85 or above - 4 (Brandon Scott, Luke Hiers, Rashard Causey, Tristan Payton)
Consensus 4 stars - Tristan Payton(.9063)

2016 Class - first partial Frost class:
Total Recruits: 21
Average Rating: .8262
Total recruits .85 or above - 3 (Jordan Johnson, Aaron Dowdell, Dredrick Snelson)
Consensus 4 stars - 0

2017 Class - first full Frost class:
Average Rating: .8336
Total recruits .85 or above - 6 (Gabriel Luyanda, Sterling Jones, Marlon Williams, Bentavious Thompson, Emmanuel Greene, Cordarrian Richardson)
Consensus 4 stars - Cordarrian Richardson(.9332)

2018 Class - partial Frost, partial Heupel class:
Average Rating: .8364
Total recruits .85 or above - 5 (Kenny Turnier, Jermaine McMillan, Randy Charlton, Eric Gilyard, Kevin Ahmad)
Consensus 4 stars - 0

2019 Class - first full Heupel class:
Total Recruits: 22
Average Rating: .8424
Total recruits .85 or above - 8 (Jarrad Baker, Raymond Cutts, Adrian Medley, Dillon Gabriel, Damarius Good, Dallaz Corbitt, Keenan Hester, Tre'mon Morris-Brash)
Consensus 4 stars - 0

2020 Class -
Total Recruits: 20
Average Rating: .8383
Total recruits .85 or above - 2 (Ja'Cyais Credle, Paul Rubelt)
Consensus 4 stars - 0

2021 Class - partial Heupel, partial nobody, partial Gus:
Total Recruits: 17
Average Rating: .8460
Total recruits .85 or above -7 (Brandon Adams, Ethan Mort, Jaylon Griffin, Cole Joyce, Mikey Keene, Anthony Hundley, Titus Mokio-Atimalala)
Consensus 4 stars - Titus Mokio-Atimalala(.8958)z

2022 Class - First full Gus class:
Total Recruits: 15
Average Rating: .8708
Total recruits .85 or above - 12 (Miguel Maldonado, TJ Bullard, Jamaal Johnson, Tyler Griffin, Demari Henderson, Ja'cari Henderson, Jordan McDonald, Xavier Townsend, Thomas Castellanos, Keahnist Thompson, Quan Lee, Nikai Martinez)
Consensus 4 stars - Nikai Martinez(.8967)

2023 Class - Current class:
Total Recruits: 9(one not currently rated)
Average Rating: 89.49
Total recruits .85 or above - 8(Dylan Rizk, Troy Ford, Jamal Meriweather, Kaven Call, Braeden Marshall, Michael Harris, Andrew Harris, John Walker)
Consensus 4 stars - Braeden Marshall(.8908), Michael Harris(.9022), Andrew Harris(.9164), and John Walker(.9522)

So....pretty steady growth from O'Leary to Frost to Heupel for the most part, followed by a pretty hefty jump from Heupel to Malzahn.
Nicely done

Reactions: FoxKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT