ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Apparently the Harris twins aren’t as excited about our new DC as Gus is. Gotta believe this is just the beginning. Very worried who our new OC will be. Sure hope Gus doesn’t make a desperation hire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yaes
so in the end we may end up w an overall class back to the Heupel tier?…meh cmon Gus no surprises?

very happy that Walker looks to be sticking w UCF. DL like him are much less likely to be a bust. He will be impactful day 1 for us

Reactions: Yaes
It's all beginning to look very chaotic. Are the wheels beginning to come off the Gus Bus? Maybe they are just out of alignment. Maybe it needs new wheels. Who knows.

I'm more of a quality over quantity type of guy. This is still a high quality class. Also impactful transfers are likely on the way throughout the next several months.

Not gonna cry about two LBs who were too light to play in the XII this year anyway. Glad that Troy Ford is still on board. He is the LB who has the size to help us now on the field. I like guys who are all in.

Due to the QUALITY of this class once finalized, it will be a class to deliver 10 or more impactful guys. That is a solid class.

Reactions: 90Knight
I'm more of a quality over quantity type of guy. This is still a high quality class. Also impactful transfers are likely on the way throughout the next several months.

Not gonna cry about two LBs who were too light to play in the XII this year anyway. Glad that Troy Ford is still on board. He is the LB who has the size to help us now on the field. I like guys who are all in.

Due to the QUALITY of this class once finalized, it will be a class to deliver 10 or more impactful guys. That is a solid class.
I see the sunshine pumpers are trying to pretend that this program has not been on a downward spiral for over a month

I see the sunshine pumpers are trying to pretend that this program has not been on a downward spiral for over a month
Agree. Not thrilled with the situation or the promotion of a cb coach who cant even get his cbs to turn their heads and look for the ball. We have alot of skill going to be protected by a thin o line and a paper defense

Kinda hard not to be a sunshine person with us going into the Big 12...if some of the players can't connect with the direction of this program so be it.

The greater question at this point is how all this transfer portal stuff is going to shake out. I was hearing a lot of talk in the bowl games about transfers being mentioned as plays were being made on the field. The H.S. athletes are going to get lost in the shuffle if they aren't serious about getting a degree. Listen to the interview that our A.D. did recently on YouTube. We should be very proud of what this football program is offering student/athletes these days. We are far above other schools and in the end it is going to pay off on the football field.

Kinda hard not to be a sunshine person with us going into the Big 12...if some of the players can't connect with the direction of this program so be it.

The greater question at this point is how all this transfer portal stuff is going to shake out. I was hearing a lot of talk in the bowl games about transfers being mentioned as plays were being made on the field. The H.S. athletes are going to get lost in the shuffle if they aren't serious about getting a degree. Listen to the interview that our A.D. did recently on YouTube. We should be very proud of what this football program is offering student/athletes these days. We are far above other schools and in the end it is going to pay off on the football field.
Going into the big 12 while:
Losing to navy
Getting blown out in the title game
Losing your best wr and second best lb
Losing recruits
Losing both coordinators

Yep get excited

so in the end we may end up w an overall class back to the Heupel tier?…meh cmon Gus no surprises?

very happy that Walker looks to be sticking w UCF. DL like him are much less likely to be a bust. He will be impactful day 1 for us
I mean he was suited up and practicing so i would say he is in.

Reactions: tjb74
Going into the big 12 while:
Losing to navy
Getting blown out in the title game
Losing your best wr and second best lb
Losing recruits
Losing both coordinators

Yep get excited
There's always another side to the story so let's look at it....
Lost to Navy.....because the D Coordinator didn't adjust to 3rd and 4th and short and the OC couldn't adjust to the Navy blitz. They're both gone.
Blown out in the title game....but we were only down by 3 and had the mo in the 4th quarter with a QB on one leg. But the D imploded again, and the DC is gone.
Losing best wr and second best lb in the transfer portal.....replacing them with an exciting and equivalent WR from AL and a better LB (AAC first team)
Losing recruits...let's see who we pick up to replace them but this was collateral damage. Our DC was also the LB coach.
Losing both coordinators....and with your list tell me why this is bad.

Reactions: KnightLife1
I put the Navy loss on our Offense, not our defense. Holding a team to less than 20 should be enough, regardless of the opponent.

And I Really think it’s presumptuous to call the incoming WR an equivalent to OKeefe. ROK was solid for us for a long time and we will be very lucky if the new guy comes close to that.

Am really curious to see if the DC/OC departures help or hurt, but my initial thought is it’s not good.

I don’t agree with everything you post but this is pretty accurate..the Cinci game was the peak on or off the field..since then it has been mostly bad news and results

Our recruiting resembles a Program that is going through a sudden Head Coaching change

I don’t agree with everything you post but this is pretty accurate..the Cinci game was the peak on or off the field..since then it has been mostly bad news and results

Our recruiting resembles a Program that is going through a sudden Head Coaching change
If anything, no one would expect the team would be struggling to fill a class on year 3 of Malzahn and first year in B12. While having several holes to fill on both sides of the ball that would give immediate playing time to a freshman and a chance to be a starter.

I put the Navy loss on our Offense, not our defense. Holding a team to less than 20 should be enough, regardless of the opponent.

And I Really think it’s presumptuous to call the incoming WR an equivalent to OKeefe. ROK was solid for us for a long time and we will be very lucky if the new guy comes close to that.

Am really curious to see if the DC/OC departures help or hurt, but my initial thought is it’s not good.
We'll see but I guarantee you it's not the end of our program...in fact, as you mention, it may help. I think we all agree that, right now, change was needed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT