ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Hopefully other coaches are not all over this and KZs influence seals this deal....we managed to play this close to the vest so far
Anyone know for sure whether UCF has even officially recruited Dillon Gabriel? We are not listed on his list of schools who are interested in him or in whom he may be interested?

Damarius Good looks really good on film. Any chance UCF has of landing him?

Anyone know for sure whether UCF has even officially recruited Dillon Gabriel? We are not listed on his list of schools who are interested in him or in whom he may be interested?
I believe he posted a picture at a UCF game or it was someone else at our game.
Damarius Good looks really good on film. Any chance UCF has of landing him?
I try to follow recruiting but obviously it easy to miss stuff. That said, I think he was re added to our prospect list and he has recently liked a few UCF posts on twitter.

I believe he posted a picture at a UCF game or it was someone else at our game.

I try to follow recruiting but obviously it easy to miss stuff. That said, I think he was re added to our prospect list and he has recently liked a few UCF posts on twitter.
Thanks for both answers. Both players look good on film.

Reactions: Knight Strength
that's what I'm wondering as well. 247 is usually pretty accurate and as of today it says UCF has not offered him. I saw that a Louisville QB is interested in transfering to either USF or UCF but I actually think Heup should bring in 2 QBs. We are really thin behind Milton

Reactions: firm_bizzle
that's what I'm wondering as well. 247 is usually pretty accurate and as of today it says UCF has not offered him. I saw that a Louisville QB is interested in transfering to either USF or UCF but I actually think Heup should bring in 2 QBs. We are really thin behind Milton
I agree.

Looks really good. Still hope we are recruiting some top talent quarterbacks.
I'm worried that Gabrielle will turn into the Brock Purdy of this cycle. Yes he knows MM and is 'liking' pro UCF stuff but he also is advertising his tape & seems like is fishing for more offers. That's why the early signing day is so big for UCF in our current conference to hopefully maximizing the numbers for the class bc a lot can change before February

I'm worried that Gabrielle will turn into the Brock Purdy of this cycle. Yes he knows MM and is 'liking' pro UCF stuff but he also is advertising his tape & seems like is fishing for more offers. That's why the early signing day is so big for UCF in our current conference to hopefully maximizing the numbers for the class bc a lot can change before February
sounding like he is not our number 1 target

Allegedly UCF is being very discrete.......

CGRuGw.png

Reactions: Knight Strength
He was touted as their future QB until he decided to leave.....

He had offers from schools like North Carolina, Baylor, and Georgia, and was pursued down to the wire by his home state Florida Gators before choosing the Cards.

On multiple occasions this summer Bobby Petrino has been quoted as saying things about Jordan Travis like ” he has the best arm on the team,” “he can really flick his wrist and throw the ball down field,” and most recently “Jordan is ready to go.”

Last edited:
He was touted as their future QB until he decided to leave.....

He had offers from schools like North Carolina, Baylor, and Georgia, and was pursued down to the wire by his home state Florida Gators before choosing the Cards.

On multiple occasions this summer Bobby Petrino has been quoted as saying things about Jordan Travis like ” he has the best arm on the team,” “he can really flick his wrist and throw the ball down field,” and most recently “Jordan is ready to go.”
I would still take Gabrille even if he transfers to UCF. What is UCF saying? will they take 2 QBs?

Reactions: Yaes
We've been pretty spoiled with Milton at the helm. The biggest factor in continuing this run of success will be finding a replacement at QB when he moves on. Need multiple guys competing. This is Heupel's chance to bring in "his guy." Can't afford to get it wrong.

I can tell you from experience (almost ten years of bad football) that not having a solid QB can crush a program.

believe that is the plan.
could be wrong but Gabrielle might end up being better than the Louisville transfer. If we learned anything about the Milton recruitment is that I think the rating services put way too much weight on height. He has that similar 'quick twitch' & deep ball touch that Milton has on the limited amount of highlights I've seen of him. 6'3 with a rocket arm doesn't mean anything if you can't read a defense & make smart decisions

Reactions: 90Knight
We are well aware of that. We have a laundry list of QBs that couldn’t get it done.

Yep, some of our misses over the past decade or so, some that never showed up and some we wish didn't show up:
Terry Mayo
Nico Flores
Rob Calabrese
Mike Greco
Troy Green (who we took over Paxton Lynch)
DaMarcus Smith (went into probation over this guy)
Tyler Harris
Schneider (the statue kid, forgot his first name)
Joe Weatherford

Yep, some of our misses over the past decade or so, some that never showed up and some we wish didn't show up:
Terry Mayo
Nico Flores
Rob Calabrese
Mike Greco
Troy Green (who we took over Paxton Lynch)
DaMarcus Smith (went into probation over this guy)
Tyler Harris
Schneider (the statue kid, forgot his first name)
Joe Weatherford

We didn’t get on probation because of Damascus Smith. We went on probation because our Athletic Director was an idiot and broke the rules. Smith didn’t have the grades to graduate and his mom was ticked we wouldn’t let him into UCF without a high school diploma.

We didn’t get on probation because of Damascus Smith. We went on probation because our Athletic Director was an idiot and broke the rules. Smith didn’t have the grades to graduate and his mom was ticked we wouldn’t let him into UCF without a high school diploma.
She actually was promised a job and didn’t get it. Why was he and Fluellen staying in our dorms if he couldn’t get in? He wanted released from NLI but was told no.

Reactions: Shark19
She actually was promised a job and didn’t get it. Why was he and Fluellen staying in our dorms if he couldn’t get in? He wanted released from NLI but was told no.

Yep, this is correct....Tribble/Kelly promised her a job, then back out causing them to cry foul.

All this winning and pub I’m surprised we aren’t top 30 in recruiting yet. Rather tread water at South Carolina or win games at UCF? Did someone text him a link to the lazy river?

Reactions: Mikesi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT