ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

But somehow GOL was not involved. :rolleyes:
Tribble wanted to get rid of GOL and get younger/popular Kelly in as HC. GOL was suspect of the Tribble/Kelly bond. However, how they were planning on doing that went up in flames when the recruiting fiasco surfaced.

Tribble wanted to get rid of GOL and get younger/popular Kelly in as HC. GOL was suspect of the Tribble/Kelly bond. However, how they were planning on doing that went up in flames when the recruiting fiasco surfaced.

Look at UCF in just 3 years without GOL.

Reactions: lawknight
All this winning and pub I’m surprised we aren’t top 30 in recruiting yet. Rather tread water at South Carolina or win games at UCF? Did someone text him a link to the lazy river?
Watts has been fishing for more offers, doesn't seem that committed to sticking with UCF

I'm worried that Gabrielle will turn into the Brock Purdy of this cycle. Yes he knows MM and is 'liking' pro UCF stuff but he also is advertising his tape & seems like is fishing for more offers. That's why the early signing day is so big for UCF in our current conference to hopefully maximizing the numbers for the class bc a lot can change before February

I called it. Georgia just offered him and the offer is commitable. I don't know why we had him as choice #2, hope this doesn't backfire on Heup again.

I’m confident after days like yesterday that we will get more quality commits than de-commits. It’s getting a little late in the game though.

I want the type of player at UCF with one hand and the ones that almost die from a ruptured appendix causing schools to lose interest. Etc.

Reactions: KnightVision82
I’m confident after days like yesterday that we will get more quality commits than de-commits. It’s getting a little late in the game though.

I want the type of player at UCF with one hand and the ones that almost die from a ruptured appendix causing schools to lose interest. Etc.
there needs to be a full court press for the QB from Milton's HS, take 2 QBs this cycle if you have to. The QB position is vital to keep this Program rolling & can cover up other flaws and misses in recruiting/talent(especially on Defense) while we are in the AAC.

could be wrong but Gabrielle might end up being better than the Louisville transfer. If we learned anything about the Milton recruitment is that I think the rating services put way too much weight on height. He has that similar 'quick twitch' & deep ball touch that Milton has on the limited amount of highlights I've seen of him. 6'3 with a rocket arm doesn't mean anything if you can't read a defense & make smart decisions
I agree completely. I hope we can land Gabriel.

I called it. Georgia just offered him and the offer is commitable. I don't know why we had him as choice #2, hope this doesn't backfire on Heup again.
I just don't really understand what UCF is doing regarding this. Does anyone know?

With all the positive things happening for UCF and all the publicity, anybody have any inside info as to why we have 4 players decommit from one of the most exciting and promising programs in the country. Why now?

Reactions: Shark59
With all the positive things happening for UCF and all the publicity, anybody have any inside info as to why we have 4 players decommit from one of the most exciting and promising programs in the country. Why now?
The trans ams weren’t the correct color

Makes you wonder if initiated by UCF because we a shot a better prospects.....

This tells me the DLs on the bench haven't developed. I don't understand how Randy Chalton (who was playing hs football a year ago) can develop his body to play college football but guys that Frost recruited in 2016 won't be ready next year.
According to our DL coach, most of the youngsters are coming along, transforming their bodies but not making the progress he would like to see.......

This tells me the DLs on the bench haven't developed. I don't understand how Randy Chalton (who was playing hs football a year ago) can develop his body to play college football but guys that Frost recruited in 2016 won't be ready next year.
The DLinemen that signed in the 2016 class consisted of a couple JUCOs Odige and Sanders (only Odige enrolled and graduated last year); DJ Davidson from Arizona who was suppose to be a grayshirt after he sorted out his test scores in the fall of 2016. he sorted it out and signed with a school closer to home: Arizona State. Eric Mitchell is a linebacker. Bacote probably is as well, but he can't get on the field because of injury. Frost's 2017 class consisted of 4 listed linemen: Cholewa, Luyanda, Zayas and Zio. Zayas is a linebacker and Luyanda was a JUCO who graduates this year.

So that's two linemen on the roster from 2 classes, less about development and more about not bringing in the numbers in those two classes.

edit: forgot Trysten so 3.

According to our DL coach, most of the youngsters are coming along, transforming their bodies but not making the progress he would like to see.......
his comments were about the linemen they recruited in 2018 who are redshirting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stormthecourt?
The DLinemen that signed in the 2016 class consisted of a couple JUCOs Odige and Sanders (only Odige enrolled and graduated last year); DJ Davidson from Arizona who was suppose to be a grayshirt after he sorted out his test scores in the fall of 2016. he sorted it out and signed with a school closer to home: Arizona State. Eric Mitchell is a linebacker. Bacote probably is as well, but he can't get on the field because of injury. Frost's 2017 class consisted of 4 listed linemen: Cholewa, Luyanda, Zayas and Zio. Zayas is a linebacker and Luyanda was a JUCO who graduates this year.

So that's two linemen on the roster from 2 classes, less about development and more about not bringing in the numbers in those two classes.

his comments were about the linemen they recruited in 2018 who are redshirting.

Regardless of who he was referring to it is a concern that we don't have any experienced depth on the DL. I also wouldn't make the leap that development is not a factor.....as far as numbers we actually have significantly more DL on our roster this year than in the previous 3 years. Could have something to do with now running a 4-3, but we have the numbers, they are clearly not ready for prime time.......

Regardless of who he was referring to it is a concern that we don't have any experienced depth on the DL. I also wouldn't make the leap that development is not a factor.....as far as numbers we actually have significantly more DL on our roster this year than in the previous 3 years. Could have something to do with now running a 4-3, but we have the numbers, they are clearly not ready for prime time.......
based on who you're counting on the roster: how many of this significantly more return next year and how many are actually walk-ons? All I know is that replacements for this year's seniors should be largely coming from the 2016 and 17 classes and yet we only have 2 linemen on the roster from those classes and that's why we need JUCOs.

edit: sorry 3 linemen, I keep forgetting Trysten because he was listed as a OL and Virginia signee by rivals, but Frost and company signed him as a DT.

btw, Cholewa has started a game this year as well, so his development must be coming on okay.

Last edited:
I’m just going to say this. I sit in 205. All the prospects come in with their lanyards and sit next to us or in front of us. Before half time, several had left. This happened during the Pitt game too.

The crowd is going crazy around them but most don’t participate. I don’t get it. They may go to the field or somewhere they’re allowed to go. It’s just a little strange.

Just because we are hot right now does not mean we still don't suffer from G5 syndrome. That is not going to change. We need to continue to find our "guys" who have fallen through the cracks. WE need to continue to develop those guys. We also need to understand that there is nobody like KZ. Just get used to it. He is special and likely we have another year of his amazing talent. We will not see the like of him for a long time.

Hopefully a bump is just going to come in the form of closing strong. We've got clear opportunities for guys to come in and contribute immediately. Houston was able to land 5 star Ed Oliver in the midst of their NY6 Bowl Game season in 2015 despite G5 problems. Just keep pressing and pushing the positives and hopefully this ridiculous success and national attention helps the coaches get the guys they really want regardless of stars.

based on who you're counting on the roster: how many of this significantly more return next year and how many are actually walk-ons? All I know is that replacements for this year's seniors should be largely coming from the 2016 and 17 classes and yet we only have 2 linemen on the roster from those classes and that's why we need JUCOs.

edit: sorry 3 linemen, I keep forgetting Trysten because he was listed as a OL and Virginia signee by rivals, but Frost and company signed him as a DT.

btw, Cholewa has started a game this year as well, so his development must be coming on okay.

How in the heck could the replacements for this years seniors DL be largely coming from those classes if we were running a totally different 3-4 scheme and we were recruiting for that different scheme in '16 and '17?????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT