ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Time Player Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown
7:02 a.m. Eric Seidelman OL 6-3 283 Orlando, Fla.
7:07 a.m. James Collins OL 6-5 311 Chesapeake, Va.
7:19 a.m. Derek Gainous DB 6-0 180 Miami, Fla.
8:01 a.m. Edward Collins OT 6-6 298 Birmingham, Ala.
8:20 a.m. Trevor Elbert OT 6-5 320 Rockwall, Texas
8:20 a.m. Josh McMullen OL 6-5 290 Decatur, Miss.
8:33 a.m. Jermaine McMillian DB 6-2 185 Miami, Fla.
9:01 a.m. Chris Deloach TE 6-5 250 Columbus, Miss.
9:57 a.m. Eriq Gilyard LB 5-11 225 Jacksonville, Fla.
11:10 a.m. Davonchae Bryant DE 6-7 240 Pensacola, Fla.

Kirby signing with USF is a double whammy.
Yeah sucks to lose an Orlando kid to the Cows. I'm trying to remember if Jones HS ever sends any good players to UCF. Do they just hate us over there? much better luck with Dr Phillips and the Seminole county schools

11 signed is amazing! Plus we addressed our offensive line issues! Now we have 6 weeks to get 11 more guys. 4 of which, Jolly, Jordan (OL), Bellamy, Walker are already hard commits. The coaches can spend all the time flat out going after nothing but 4 stars.

EDIT: this is actually in response to Miltonian’s post.

Wait.................what? Are you saying Roberson is actually taller when he’s laying on his back?
$_86.JPG

Is there any update on the transfers from Alabama and Oregon?

I see the ND O linemen still seems fully invested

Time Player Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown
7:02 a.m. Eric Seidelman OL 6-3 283 Orlando, Fla.
7:07 a.m. James Collins OL 6-5 311 Chesapeake, Va.
7:19 a.m. Derek Gainous DB 6-0 180 Miami, Fla.
8:01 a.m. Edward Collins OT 6-6 298 Birmingham, Ala.
8:20 a.m. Trevor Elbert OT 6-5 320 Rockwall, Texas
8:20 a.m. Josh McMullen OL 6-5 290 Decatur, Miss.
8:33 a.m. Jermaine McMillian DB 6-2 185 Miami, Fla.
9:01 a.m. Chris Deloach TE 6-5 250 Columbus, Miss.
9:57 a.m. Eriq Gilyard LB 5-11 225 Jacksonville, Fla.
11:10 a.m. Davonchae Bryant DE 6-7 240 Pensacola, Fla.
11:58 a.m. Demetreius Mayes DE 6-2 234 Miami, Fla.
12:51 p.m. Ike Walker DL 6-4 250 Gainesville, Fla.

Yeah sucks to lose an Orlando kid to the Cows. I'm trying to remember if Jones HS ever sends any good players to UCF. Do they just hate us over there? much better luck with Dr Phillips and the Seminole county schools
I don’t understand his thought process. From an article on the sentinel, looks like he was blown away by USF but never even took an official visit to UCF

Are there degrees of commitment?

Seems to me that if you're truly committed, you'd sign at your earliest opportunity.

If not - the status should be revised to "considering".
in 2017, commitment is a place holder...for most kids it means im here....unless i get a really good offer.

For some it still actually means commitment though, few though.

I don’t understand his thought process. From an article on the sentinel, looks like he was blown away by USF but never even took an official visit to UCF
Strong was consistently recruiting him for months even though he was an FSU commit. I don't think Chins tried much with him, Shannon probably had a relationship from UF with him. Still thought he would be a Knight, it felt like the perfect opening with the FSU offer going then Shannon being hired. It would be nice to get the hometown products but hopefully the Duval and 305 pipelines make up for it

He was blown away by the stadium. He'll also be blown away when he realizes he'll be playing in front of a bunch of empty seats on gamedays.

Wonder how many spots we have left? The break will give CJH some time to review game footage and find places to add both depth and talent. While we are in a odd situation, it's gonna work out for us cause coach can sit back and watch film and evaluate out the wazzoo. Working 1/2 time!

Hmmm, Maybe if we would invite Stevie Wonder or the Gap Band to at least one pregame concert instead of the Travis Tritt and Clint Blacks of the world for all game events, we would get a different response from many students, schools and the communities where they are located.

Hmmm, Maybe if we would invite Stevie Wonder or the Gap Band to at least one pregame concert instead of the Travis Tritt and Clint Blacks of the world for all game events, we would get a different response from many students, schools and the communities where they are located.
I agree with you here. Can Danny schedule 1 non country pre game concert?

Might be a conflict regarding the Northwestern RB also being pursued.
doesn't Jolly have a better offer list? WVU, UNC, USF...not sure that Northwestern RB is good enough to drop Jolly although Hillsborough County seems to have a lot of overrated prospects. They always get worked in State Playoffs by Dade teams

Don't remember where I saw it, but think Jolly's mom said he wants to take an OV to UCF before he commits and that is why he wasn't committing today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT