ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

And Deion's kid wasn't good either. Jordan's kids didn't have his height or heart. Some of them just take after Mom more I guess.
Marcus had heart. He was a monster his sophomore season. Nobody will ever really know why he packed it in his Junior year, then quit. He didn't have to live up to anything more than helping UCF be better program. A shame because he was great for the program he was at.

It would be nice if we could be patient with the new regime, but with the new early signing period we can't. Heupel needs to get it in gear quick or else we will end up losing all of the momentum of this past year just like we did after 2013. You can't whiff on an entire signing class. He's been given the keys to a Porsche and at least to this point he's wrapping it around a tree, and that's not acceptable. I'm hoping we aren't using a good portion of this FEF money a buyout for him after 2 years .

I have all the faith in by world in DW, but when the best part about the new head coach is the DC he's bringing in with him that's a problem, and nothing since then has made me feel any more comfortable about this hire.

You can't whiff on an entire signing class. He's been given the keys to a Porsche and at least to this point he's wrapping it around a tree, and that's not acceptable. I'm hoping we aren't using a good portion of this FEF money a buyout for him after 2 years .

I have all the faith in by world in DW, but when the best part about the new head coach is the DC he's bringing in with him that's a problem, and nothing since then has made me feel any more comfortable about this hire.
Slow down a little cowboy. Give it several days more at least

Reactions: 80'sKnight
2014 class is this years seniors or redshirt juniors. You know like Tre’Quan Smith Kyle Gibson Tre Neal Pittman Jordan Franks. Some key contributors to 12-0. The 0-12 season is the result of a poor 2012 class.

Reactions: Mikesi
I’ll wait. A 50-60 ranked recruiting class for one year won’t destroy us. We have some recruits in place who are highly ranked/regarded on the OL and DL, have good players on our team already and we don’t have sanctions anymore like in 2014 that keeps being brought up.

2014 class is this years seniors or redshirt juniors. You know like Tre’Quan Smith Kyle Gibson Tre Neal Pittman Jordan Franks. Some key contributors to 12-0. The 0-12 season is the result of a poor 2012 class.
Exactly. Additionally, we don’t have sanctions anymore. Not one person who is talking negatively about our recruiting has bought that up. There are always late additions and under the radar guys.

JJ Worton

I’ll wait. A 50-60 ranked recruiting class for one year won’t destroy us. We have some recruits in place who are highly ranked/regarded on the OL and DL, have good players on our team already and we don’t have sanctions anymore like in 2014 that keeps being brought up.
Frosts 2016 class was 65th and 2017 was 55th. Which is pretty much on par with all UCF classes ever save for a 90th ranked 2012.

Has Heupel gotten a single new commit since he's been here? Honestly, like one commit? We just had a major on campus weekend and no positive news from what I've seen so far. Trust me I want to believe in this new staff but they aren't giving me a lot of reasons to do so at this point.

Has Heupel gotten a single new commit since he's been here? Honestly, like one commit? We just had a major on campus weekend and no positive news from what I've seen so far. Trust me I want to believe in this new staff but they aren't giving me a lot of reasons to do so at this point.
and usually when something good is coming the recruits will give out clues & Brandon or 247 will RT all the buzz about the weekend. so far crickets.

USF has one commit since August. I don’t get the concern that Heupel hasn’t flipped a bunch of recruits his first 2 weeks on the job. Frost is flipping UCF recruits that are his recruits that he has been recruiting for months to go to Nebraska. Can’t really compare with that buzz.

Mr. Doom and Gloom. Make sure you remind everyone how wrong you were when the ink dries. I have honestly never seen such a bunch of negative knuckleheads in my life. It’s late sleep it off and try again tomorrow.

We all love this team and this University. I would skip meals to see the games. I remember sitting in the end zone in my Cub Scout uniform on cub scout night when we beat Bethune Cookman for the first time, probably before you were born. We have come a long, long way in the last 35 years. Try a little perspective, comparatively speaking we have had a meteoric rise at this place. We can’t have it all right here and right now which you seem to want. When you have seen the years and the games I have we will have NC trophies, it’s inevitable, enjoy the ride.

Are you guys expecting 4 and 5 star guys? Not gonna happen unless Saban comes here to coach. We are G5. End of story. Classes will rank 45-75. Not much else we can do till we get invited to the big boy table. When we look back at this class in 5 years we'll see about 6 impact players. Same for about any class.

Mr. Doom and Gloom. Make sure you remind everyone how wrong you were when the ink dries. I have honestly never seen such a bunch of negative knuckleheads in my life. It’s late sleep it off and try again tomorrow.

It was a simple question, had he gotten any commits yet. Has he? I will be more than happy to admit I'm wrong, maybe he will be the best coach of all time, maybe he will sign a lot of guys at the last minute, but it's been a pretty lackluster start from what I've seen so far. If you disagree that's your opinion.

I think we have to wait 2 years to judge this class regardless. I have no idea what kind of talent evaluator Hype is. The NFL is full of guys that were 3 stars or less, in fact I can't really think of a four star athlete that has been all that great for us ( although, I think Snelson will break this trend).

Goes easy on Hype, he didn't know he was going to be a head coach a month ago. Frost has been planning his switch and recruiting since, at least, October but probably longer.

It was a simple question, had he gotten any commits yet. Has he? I will be more than happy to admit I'm wrong, maybe he will be the best coach of all time, maybe he will sign a lot of guys at the last minute, but it's been a pretty lackluster start from what I've seen so far. If you disagree that's your opinion.
The guys all will sign last minute. They sign on one single day. Most prospects are already committed at this point and have been for months and months. There is a chance some flip on signing day to UCF. Some flipped from UCF because they were Frost's recruits that he took to Nebraska. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of the UCF targets not signing on early signing day anyway. The better targets will almost assuredly be holding out for potentially better offers. The early signing day is for kids that don't want to deal with the process and already have an offer for their top school. This would be the 2-3 stars or maybe 4 stars who have offers from top P5 programs and want to sign while their offer is commitable or the 4 and 5 stars that have an offer from their top choice school and don't want to wait to see what other offers come in before February..

A reminder that the guy has been on the job 2 weeks and that most the guys he was previously recruiting were probably SEC level talent probably not interested in a last minute switch to a G5 program. Oh, and he's also trying to preserve recruits he's never spoken to from coaching staff that has been talking to these recruits for 2 years and are now offering them a P5 scholarship (granted, it's all the way in Nebraska which is why only 2-3 have taken him up on it).

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
The only people who ever have good recruiting news and actualyl share it are Juan and Ryan (mostly only Juan), Juan apparently had some family issues (know his niece has cancer) to deal with this weekend and tweeted he will have stuff this week, he just had other stuff to tend to. Dont think we shoudl worry too much.

We know at least 1 drama queen on the board. Havent signed anyone in 2 weeks, seasons over, pack up the program....

Reactions: Agmurray71
The only people who ever have good recruiting news and actualyl share it are Juan and Ryan (mostly only Juan), Juan apparently had some family issues (know his niece has cancer) to deal with this weekend and tweeted he will have stuff this week, he just had other stuff to tend to. Dont think we shoudl worry too much.
Juan is a Superstar when it comes to recruiting scoops/predictions. He goes silent and no one else that is covering UCF has any idea what is going on

Reactions: Miltonian
Shoring up D-Fence is what we need most!

Some of you guys are acting like this about upcoming signing periods...

fearful-about-birth-read-how-midwives-support-and-care-for-women-during-their-labor.png

It would be nice if we could be patient with the new regime, but with the new early signing period we can't. Heupel needs to get it in gear quick or else we will end up losing all of the momentum of this past year just like we did after 2013. You can't whiff on an entire signing class. He's been given the keys to a Porsche and at least to this point he's wrapping it around a tree, and that's not acceptable. I'm hoping we aren't using a good portion of this FEF money a buyout for him after 2 years .

1. Have you watched our D this year, bringing in new DC is big thing!
2. Have you watched the offense this year, we have a clown car of talent!
3. HC said he's going to keep things similar to what we have to use our offensive talent
and brought in a better OL coach.

We really don't need to be patient for new recruits. I want to see our current team develop and we have two major upgrades in coaching at DC and OL from my perspecttive! HCs both were national champion QBs who are great game day play callers.

Reactions: Agmurray71
3. HC said he's going to keep things similar to what we have to use our offensive talent

We really don't need to be patient for new recruits. I want to see our current team develop and we have two major upgrades in coaching at DC and OL from my perspecttive! HCs both were national champion QBs who are great game day play callers.

Good points, although I still wish we were seeing more visible signs of momentum on the recruiting front (hopefully there are some things going on in back rooms). I will back off of my pessimism for now and see where things go.

I will say though that this new early signing period is really screwing us and other teams that had a coaching change. I'd have a lot more confidence if Heupel had until February to lock down the class. Guessing most of this years class will sign between Wednesday and Friday. But who knows.

Tons of our best recruits come late. Guys who fall thru the cracks late with the big boys. That isn't going to change. See you in Feb.

I am just watching for movement with TE, which is one of the biggest needs. JH is working that maybe through JuCo:sunglasses:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT