ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

it's amazing how upset & insecure UF fans still get that UCF got some of the spotlight the last few years, Miami & FSU fans didn't get this triggered

that Big3 Rollup is filled with douchebags that didn't even attend the schools they nerd out for in recruiting. Newberg went to USF

Reactions: MckenzieMilton10
it's amazing how upset & insecure UF fans still get that UCF got some of the spotlight the last few years, Miami & FSU fans didn't get this triggered

that Big3 Rollup is filled with douchebags that didn't even attend the schools they nerd out for in recruiting. Newberg went to USF
Is that clown quoting someone else bc his profile says he graduated from UCF?

Reactions: firm_bizzle
I agree BR doesn’t delve into recruiting enough to have a solid opinion, but it isn’t the same BR as 6 years ago or so that had anybody on the internet write pieces. They have actual sports people doing research.
Well maybe they should research the fact that the last few years, UCF has also brought in a total of 12 or 13 power 5 transfers who do not show up in recruiting rankings. We have guys in our rotation from Alabama, Notre Dame, Wisconsin and Ole Miss who never showed up in our recruiting rankings. Also, we may not have many 4 or 5 stars, but there have been many power 5's clamoring to sign our three stars.

think he is a UCF Student/Alumni that covers UF recruiting for 247, anyone that goes out of their way to troll a Program whose Campus you walked on everyday is in their own douche category
what they don't realize is that it's such a poor reflection on them. you're telling everyone that you were desperate to go to UF, but they didn't want you.

no mention of scholarship, but i have to assume he's going to be on one from day 1.walking on wouldn't make sense: decommitting from purdue, is from arizona (out of state student rate and no bright futures, etc)
I’ve always wondered that... kids that are instate 3* and up that would get football scholarships, but they did really well with their gpa and SAT that all of their tuition and dorm costs are covered by multiple academic scholarships. Would those kids walkon and give up an athletic scholarship to help the team?

I’ve always wondered that... kids that are instate 3* and up that would get football scholarships, but they did really well with their gpa and SAT that all of their tuition and dorm costs are covered by multiple academic scholarships. Would those kids walkon and give up an athletic scholarship to help the team?
Can’t you cash out some of those?

last year quadry jones' high school coach elijah williams said that with scholarships, etc he wasn't going to have to pay so being a preferred walk-on at UCF vs a scholarship at a lower division wasn't a financial loss.

found the article
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/knights-notepad/os-sp-ucf-nsd-20180208-story.html
UCF described it as a walk-on spot but Tigers coach Elijah Williams said the school’s combination of academic and athletic aid amounts to a full ride for Jones, who was voted Florida Dairy Farmers Class 5A state player of the year after passing for 2,620 yards and 33 touchdowns.

“It’s partial academic but he’ll be on full scholarship in January,” Williams said. “Things fell in place perfectly for Quad. He’s very excited about it.”

Last edited:
"By my count, UCF has offered 103 2020 prospects, 40 in 2021 and nine in the 2022 class. The first 2023 prospect reported a UCF offer, CB Cedrick Hawkins from Cocoa.

The biggest offer news this week is UCF offering pretty much all the top players at Orlando Jones and Sanford Seminole. That group includes 2021 Sanford Seminole QB Timmy McClain."

"By my count, UCF has offered 103 2020 prospects, 40 in 2021 and nine in the 2022 class. The first 2023 prospect reported a UCF offer, CB Cedrick Hawkins from Cocoa.

The biggest offer news this week is UCF offering pretty much all the top players at Orlando Jones and Sanford Seminole. That group includes 2021 Sanford Seminole QB Timmy McClain."
What if they all say yes*

good thing Francois was a few credits short, I forgot he had a Domestic Violence complaint a year ago. between that audio/video and the Briles hire FSU is looking morally bankrupt

Reactions: Knight Strength
They finally kicked him off.
He gone

Apparently the video and audio posted on his ex-girlfriend’s Instagram are bad.

FSU not looking good right now

People don’t realize that nearly every action out there has some video or audio. Covering things up will always come back to haunt you

good thing Francois was a few credits short, I forgot he had a Domestic Violence complaint a year ago. between that audio/video and the Briles hire FSU is looking morally bankrupt
Yep getting Wimbush vs Francois avoided a major headache. I don’t know if it was the credits thing and if UCF actually pursued him or not, but crisis averted there.

Yep getting Wimbush vs Francois avoided a major headache. I don’t know if it was the credits thing and if UCF actually pursued him or not, but crisis averted there.
Even if we were interested I’m sure we reach out to the coaches to get their opinions on the kids.

This may put us ahead with Darius Washington. Before this FSU fiasco, FSU was his crystal ball indicator, after he just decommited from Miss. St. We might be his choice now with FSU a dumpster fire. i think his OV to UCF went well.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT