ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

UPDATE (6:55 p.m. ET Monday): Bruce Feldman of FOX Sports has tweeted that Mohajir “is expected to become” the new A.D. at UCF:

One other important thing about the HC hiring is that this is a big opportunity for UCF to put together a coaching staff starting with the HC that can really recruit the best players. Heup was kinda of a hey we need to get someone in here fast to calm down the fans after losing Frost. Now. it's best to take a deep breath and get the coach in here whose going to put together the best staff which can both coach and recruit :) Looks like there are some good offensive minded coaches out there to choose from and this school's HC position will attract many of them.

We need to get the opposite of Jabba The Heup, a HC that can recruit this State. Fickell is and will continue to be a problem.

This is probably my post for a couple of weeks. I am all in on Jeff Lebby!

I also really hope that we can come up with the money to say goodbye to Randy. Let JF pick his own staff.

Alabama took 7 of Top 14 Floridians.

(Per my previous comment that Alabama takes the pick of Florida's litter.)
That’s on years FSU and UF and UM probably aren’t in the mix for NC. Go back to when they were and Bama wasn’t doing that.

So why act like it’s the norm for the last 40 years?
Do you even read what I post before you reply?

I first broached this when you mentioned how tough it is for UCF to recruit Florida when UF, FSU, and UM own the state.

I replied that, no, they owned the state from 1981-2000, and claimed 7 MNCs. Since then, Saban/Alabama has owned the state, and UF/UM/FSU have only 4 MNCs over last 20 years. While Saban has 7 (or does LSU 2003 make it 8?) himself over last 20 years.

I don't know who said anything about last 40 years being homogeneous; it was not I.

You mean Gus hasn't discovered the secret to acquiring blue chip players is just offering a scholarship.
If only it were that easy. People post an offer like he did something. I can look at rivals top 400 and offer them all. Not much was accomplished.

isn't next year when players can start to legally get paid? could work for and against us ( and a lot of no power teams).

The bagmen at the big time programs will be funding "legit" avenues to get recruits paid.
But also if you're in a good city your local businesses can also do the same.

Reactions: Knight Strength
isn't next year when players can start to legally get paid? could work for and against us ( and a lot of no power teams).

The bagmen at the big time programs will be funding "legit" avenues to get recruits paid.
But also if you're in a good city your local businesses can also do the same.
Profiting off likeness legal in Florida starting July 1st I believe

Right, the likeness rule should help in keeping some of these high 3s and low 4s home instead of going to freeze their @sses off at some 2nd rate P5 school. I also love GM and T-Will’s charisma and relatability to win some of these kids and families over much like Frost was doing. Man I miss Frost, Heupel really fell flat. I told my buddy (UF fan) after the first presser that Huepel was a turd, looked and sounded like a turd. I hated that hire from the beginning, never liked any of his staff hires either outside of Tucker and Burnham. Never understood the unwavering support of a lot of you guys.

Right, the likeness rule should help in keeping some of these high 3s and low 4s home instead of going to freeze their @sses off at some 2nd rate P5 school. I also love GM and T-Will’s charisma and relatability to win some of these kids and families over much like Frost was doing. Man I miss Frost, Heupel really fell flat. I told my buddy (UF fan) after the first presser that Huepel was a turd, looked and sounded like a turd. I hated that hire from the beginning, never liked any of his staff hires either outside of Tucker and Burnham. Never understood the unwavering support of a lot of you guys.
The second rate P5 schools have more money than us. They already get the kids because of side money. Now it will be legal. It doesn’t necessarily help us.

The second rate P5 schools have more money than us. They already get the kids because of side money. Now it will be legal. It doesn’t necessarily help us.
I don’t think 2nd rate P5, meaning the Purdues, the Iowa States or the Vandys of the world are paying players. I think that’s more of a blue blood, has been or wanna be blue blood type of tactic. It’s not that prevalent. Only 5 states have passed the name likeness, could we benefit? Not all, but that’s the case on any team anywhere. I know a DG or a Gabe Davis or a KZ could easily fit into a deal with a UCF supporter who owns a local business.

I don’t think 2nd rate P5, meaning the Purdues, the Iowa States or the Vandys of the world are paying players. I think that’s more of a blue blood, has been or wanna be blue blood type of tactic. It’s not that prevalent. Only 5 states have passed the name likeness, could we benefit? Not all, but that’s the case on any team anywhere. I know a DG or a Gabe Davis or a KZ could easily fit into a deal with a UCF supporter who owns a local business.
Every school has boosters that are a little to close. Guarantee we do as well. We got into trouble with Kelly. Wasn’t his personal money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT