ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

But are those pass break ups and INTs made in the backfield or in coverage? If they are made in the backfield it doesn't necessarily translate to downfield coverage. The lack of that skill has made our defense anemic against underneath passing attacks. Let's not recruit in a way that continues that problem for the next several years.
Coverage. It’s on film

Transfer Portal Status

May be other activity...however we got 13 out and 8 in which is good for us because we have more scholarships and to shop and recruit.
What roster count are we at? It was reduced so we may not be able to bring in a usual full class.

FkmFf4uXoAADjs3

Last year half of the portal guys were non factors. You don’t know what you have until games start.
What are you talking about? We had game changers and many many starters from the portal. QB, WR1, WR3, 2 OL, RB1 and RB2 (portal year before last) just on offense. LB1 and leader in tackles, DT1 (year before) and a ton of depth in the secondary like Jarvis Ware who played great once he got in as well as Koby Perry.

Nearly everyone we got in the portal this recruiting class will be day one starters or rotational guys at the very least too.

What are you talking about? We had game changers and many many starters from the portal. QB, WR1, WR3, 2 OL, RB1 and RB2 (portal year before last) just on offense. LB1 and leader in tackles, DT1 (year before) and a ton of depth in the secondary like Jarvis Ware who played great once he got in as well as Koby Perry.
I said last year. QB1 that people were booing. 2 LBs that never played. TE1? He fell off face of earth after week 4. O line was not good. So those guys were obviously not world beaters. A RB that never played. Etc. So saying the transfers were great is a stretch. A few played well in certain games but not top 15 like it was on paper. Wait until i see them play.

What roster count are we at? It was reduced so we may not be able to bring in a usual full class.
I don't know how any of this works anymore in this new normal we're in.
It use to be 25 max per year but I don't know if transfer outs have an impact
on that number. It is obvious to see that we seem to have at least 25 slots
open every year now. ???

The other thing I like is we don't dump kids that are on scholarship. They have the
opportunity at UCF to graduate :)

I said last year. QB1 that people were booing. 2 LBs that never played. TE1? He fell off face of earth after week 4. O line was not good. So those guys were obviously not world beaters. A RB that never played. Etc. So saying the transfers were great is a stretch. A few played well in certain games but not top 15 like it was on paper. Wait until i see them play.
Our team is full of portal guys who start or had significant playing time. Whether you liked them or not doesn’t matter. And the “RB that never played” is because of his 2nd transfer he had to sit out and by all accounts is supposed to be a ridiculous talent that should get a ton or touches next year with RJ Harvey.

I don't know how any of this works anymore in this new normal we're in.
It use to be 25 max per year but I don't know if transfer outs have an impact
on that number. It is obvious to see that we seem to have at least 25 slots
open every year now. ???

The other thing I like is we don't dump kids that are on scholarship. They have the
opportunity at UCF to graduate :)
Its just total scholarships now. I forget number. Maybe 80?

I just don't pay attention to signing classes very much. We seem to have done well but most of these players will either:

1. transfer out after one year
2. be complete busts
3. suffer major injuries
4. get kicked out due to behavior
5. move to the pros early

Too many variables for me to get excited about anything. However the class looks great and I'm excited to see what is to come.

I just don't pay attention to signing classes very much. We seem to have done well but most of these players will either:

2. be complete busts
3. suffer major injuries

Too many variables for me to get excited about anything. However the class looks great and I'm excited to see what is to come.
If this is your outlook, why even pay attention at all? Seems like UCF football just adds misery to your life...

This can't be fun for you.

If this is your outlook, why even pay attention at all? Seems like UCF football just adds misery to your life...

This can't be fun for you.
Please. Been watching since 1997. I just wanted to say that all this excitement about certain players, in the end, doesn't mean a great deal...esp in this transfer/NIL free for all we operate in.

Being mid-pack in recruiting rankings in a transition year to a P5 conference is pretty damn good. I don’t know how you can think that’s not good given the circumstances. We’re not even technically “in” the conference yet
Being 56 in nation isn’t great. Until top 30 im not excited. Not saying there aren’t great players. But when we were 70 we had great players too. UTSA and Memphis are close to us no 4 stars but the more you bring in the better your chances if hitting on a guy others overlooked.

Reactions: PositYourself

2. be complete busts
3. suffer major injuries

so you just described college football.

Reactions: Yaes
Being 56 in nation isn’t great. Until top 30 im not excited. Not saying there aren’t great players. But when we were 70 we had great players too. UTSA and Memphis are close to us no 4 stars but the more you bring in the better your chances if hitting on a guy others overlooked.
We also didn't sign as many recruits and the rankings also take into consideration the number of players you sign. We signed a great class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT