ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

I hope you guys are joking here...

Number 1 QB injured. Number 2 QB admitted he plays backyard football best.
Great opportunity for QBs to step in.

EVERYTHING the guys said in the pre-game prediction videos for game played out. UCF has to score around the corners. Baylor (and Big 12 teams) have better lines on offense and defense. Again we don't have a ringer QB to carry the team past this major gap and OL isn't supporting the run game enough and needs to be better at pass blocking.

UCF is now accepting resumes (big time recruits). Immediate starting time available. The sky is still the limit. UCF just didn't step right in and take over the Big 12. Is anybody surprised that the new kids on the block have a target on their back?

When UCF can play 60 minutes of good football in all 3 phases of the game we win. Close loses hurt bigtime BUT this team isn't as far away as some who make stupid statements that "UCF isn't a good place to play." Stud LBs are especially welcome!

If you don't see yourself as adding to this program don't come but if you can see yourself plugging in and adding to this team "Come on over!" We are close and need you :)

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: PositYourself

EVERYTHING the guys said in the pre-game prediction videos for game played out. UCF has to score around the corners. Baylor (and Big 12 teams) have better lines on offense and defense. Again we don't have a ringer QB to carry the team past this major gap and OL isn't supporting the run game enough and needs to be better at pass blocking.

UCF is now accepting resumes (big time recruits). Immediate starting time available. The sky is still the limit. UCF just didn't step right in and take over the Big 12. Is anybody surprised that the new kids on the block have a target on their back?

When UCF can play 60 minutes of good football in all 3 phases of the game we win. Close loses hurt bigtime BUT this team isn't as far away as some who make stupid statements that "UCF isn't a good place to play." Stud LBs are especially welcome!

If you don't see yourself as adding to this program don't come but if you can see yourself plugging in and adding to this team "Come on over!" We are close and need you :)
Lot to agree with but where are your words of wisdom concerning the defense and defensive fundamentals?

If only UCF could find QBs that are great passers.
You're joking, right? I can name three that not only are still playing but a at a high level--all having won yesterday. Any one of those three are far superior to anything we have. They all left because of Smallzahn!

Reactions: ucffan642

Stay far away. Go top a better school, get a better education with a better program!

You're joking, right? I can name three that not only are still playing but a at a high level--all having won yesterday. Any one of those three are far superior to anything we have. They all left because of Smallzahn!
Didn't we have one named Mikey?

Reactions: georgiaknight
Here you go guys...it stills come down to execution on the field!

one-more-beer.gif

It’s going to be interesting to track back to the list of players who were at this game when signing day comes (for 2024 and 2025). Let’s see how these recruits witnessing the collapse affects their decision

I actually think this doesn’t hurt us. Guys probably realize that we need help and they can come in and start sooner then later.

Reactions: akahotsizzle
I actually think this doesn’t hurt us. Guys probably realize that we need help and they can come in and start sooner then later.
Furthermore, I think they are looking at guys like Demari Henderson making a huge play, John Walker making noise, and Kitler making an impact EXTREMELY early in their playing careers as a great thing for them.

• Love
Reactions: FoxKnight
performance absolutely matters . Especially in a coaches 3rd year

Terry mentioned recruiting as a reason for the extension well Gus prove you can do that while the on the field product at times looks dysfunctional…

It looks like Stacy Gage will be the first to drop a de-commit note. He’s been supposedly telling people that he doesn’t believe UCF will be a winner in the Big 12. Gage likes how Missouri is tending in the SEC.

Chad Simmons the director of recruiting over at ON3 changing with UCF prediction to Oklahoma for EPL. No worries guys you still have the Stephen Leonard ball holding strong?

Last edited:
TE Tayvion Galloway committed to Purdue today, he was very pro ucf publicly but his visit was the Baylor game

That colossal meltdown from coaches and players might make any recruit think twice.
Of course. He hated the loss, so he committed to a perennial winner in...Purdue.

If I had to guess I'd suspect it's because the TE position gets a ton of receiving work there. This year their No.1 TE is a Freshman and is the 4th leading receiver with 22 catches. That's more than all of our TEs combined. The other TE is 5th on the team with 13 catches. I've never watched a Purdue game. They're 2-5, but they certainly value a receiving TE. Best of luck to him. I like what I've seen in Pittman, want to get him the rock more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT