ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Of course. He hated the loss, so he committed to a perennial winner in...Purdue.

If I had to guess I'd suspect it's because the TE position gets a ton of receiving work there. This year their No.1 TE is a Freshman and is the 4th leading receiver with 22 catches. That's more than all of our TEs combined. The other TE is 5th on the team with 13 catches. I've never watched a Purdue game. They're 2-5, but they certainly value a receiving TE. Best of luck to him. I like what I've seen in Pittman, want to get him the rock more.
And you don't think our offense would be better off with some TE receiver playcalling? Middle of the field was open in several games including Baylor.

Reactions: Knight59
do we have room to talk about any other Program right now?

Purdue may be a Big10 doormat but until something changes UCF is a B12 doormat

And you don't think our offense would be better off with some TE receiver playcalling? Middle of the field was open in several games including Baylor.
Personally, yes, I'd kill to see pass-catching TEs working the middle of the field while Baker and Hudson work the perimeter.
do we have room to talk about any other Program right now?

Purdue may be a Big10 doormat but until something changes UCF is a B12 doormat
This is the internet after all. Purdue has 8 conference championships in 130 years of play with the last two coming in 2000 and 1967. UCF has 6 in the last 26. So I disagree that one loss mattered. In a contest of recency, UCF is clearly better. I think it's the TE production at Purdue that is the draw, not a winning history.

Reactions: PositYourself
Personally, yes, I'd kill to see pass-catching TEs working the middle of the field while Baker and Hudson work the perimeter.

This is the internet after all. Purdue has 8 conference championships in 130 years of play with the last two coming in 2000 and 1967. UCF has 6 in the last 26. So I disagree that one loss mattered. In a contest of recency, UCF is clearly better. I think it's the TE production at Purdue that is the draw, not a winning history.
G5 championships don’t mean anything boss. Malzahn doesn’t throw to the TE in his offense. That one TE from UF that transferred to UCF last year ruined his career. Dude got zero burn under the Malzahn offense.

Last edited:

I believe in our ceiling and w our campus and location I always have

but our current coach can screw up our trajectory where we may soon be viewed as Rutgers with Palm Trees. A lot of the prospects we are now pursing won’t care about AAC titles

Reactions: Knight59
I believe in our ceiling and w our campus and location I always have

but our current coach can screw up our trajectory where we may soon be viewed as Rutgers with Palm Trees. A lot of the prospects we are now pursing won’t care about AAC titles
I agree with that. I only disagree in one game making all the difference regarding the TE recruit committing to Purdue.

I agree with that. I only disagree in one game making all the difference regarding the TE recruit committing to Purdue.
One game doesn't make the difference, but what has been the conversations with the program following the loss? A lot of people felt the team look like they were checked out against Kansas. If there is a bad locker room, those recruits are likely having interactions with the unhappy players.

Reactions: Yaes
I’m more concerned with our freshmen from this year jumping ship. John Walker is getting national pub as a possible freshman all American despite the terrible performance of the d-line and team overall. Might see greener pastures with other teams calling with nil money again

Fox posting about visiting Auburn this weekend

He deleted it
Kid and his Mom are both flakers…they’ve been all over Deion and Colorado. They are going to Auburn this weekend per insider Christian Clemente. Obviously, looking for a bigger bag now that UCF is reeling…they are bag chasers.

Last edited:
wouldn’t be surprised if there is staff pressure to get any silent commit to go public . They know they need a distraction

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT